Improvements you hope they've made in the fallow year?

glastoman1

6 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I’ve never understood why there’s not a block of toilets at the back going towards the Glade. 

Means that the block at the opposite side at the back of the only toilets for that entire field (not counting the ones right by the entrance to Silver Hayes)

This is a very good point.

I once ended up camping just over that side with two of my kids - due to the year with the off-site fire at scrap yard and getting on site so late. Those toilets on the opposite side of the railway line from the Glade were absolutely gopping by Friday. 

The kids also learned the art of sleeping through loud repetitive beats that year. 

8 hours ago, gooner1990 said:

I’ve never understood why there’s not a block of toilets at the back going towards the Glade. 

Means that the block at the opposite side at the back of the only toilets for that entire field (not counting the ones right by the entrance to Silver Hayes)

I seem to remember that there used to be a bank of portaloos on the other side of the Glade to the Other Stage (where the Spaceport is these days) but that as that area has developed, and potaloos have generally been phased out on the main site, they were obviously removed. Agreed that it would benefit both West Holts, Glade and Other having some there though. 

9 hours ago, kaytee... said:

This. Think it was 2016 when I was in a crush after Madness I think? There was an ice cream van near the green fencing and a couple of fellas resorted to climbing on top to get through the crowd.

I remember the crush being really bad at the ice cream van during foals in 2016, seemed a bit dangerous at the time!

9 hours ago, august1 said:

They should use a similar set up to Rock Werchter. There are 2 inner pits. Both with turnstiles and a separate exit. Green sign if space or red if full. So you queue to get in the outer pit where you can stay or queue to get in the inner pit. Never overcrowded and clear flow of traffic out a different exit

Roskilde have something similar, but they clear out the pit after each band, so sometimes there are simultaneous queues. I don’t think the Glastonbury crowd would take kindly to traffic lights but a one way system should be enough to avoid the crush. Don’t they have something similar for the South East corner? (I have never made it there)

Edited by Watergirl

19 hours ago, bombfrog said:

Two things I can think of:

1) Widen the gap at the top of the pyramid field where it joins the field behind Mandela bar. Nearly died there trying to get into headliners twice. Lots of people getting pushed up against the fence and crushed.

2) Either stop putting entertainment on on the WEdnesday and Thursday or increase the capacity massively. Right now you have 100,000 people on site from the Wednesday and entertainment in tents like Stonebridge and Williams Green which just results on massive crushes and lots of disappointed people.

It really is an incredibly well organised event though. Most of the things in this thread are niggles.

This, this and thrice this. 

Actually, just generally make the festival site bigger without increasing capacity.

Edited by Cozza84