High res glastomap

Tomothy123

9 minutes ago, incident said:

The original photo is of 2015, but it's got some of the layout changes for 2016 photoshopped onto it.

Yep, definitely 2015 map. Glastomap lost access to the high res 2016 image so had to use the 2015 map and photoshop John Peel stage etc.

There are high res 2017 versions available on Google Earth but it's a right pain to use them as Google don't allow you to export out of GE (as far as I'm aware) so you have to screenshot each high res image.

45 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

I've never been to Strummerville before. Is it really in the middle of a bunch of trees like this map suggests. Am I going to struggle to find it or is it fairly obvious once you walk behind teepee field?

Head for the gate to worthy view, Strummerville is on the right before you get to it. Yes it’s in a copse of trees.

8 minutes ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Head for the gate to worthy view, Strummerville is on the right before you get to it. Yes it’s in a copse of trees.

Thanks. Dumb question, but is the gate to Worthy view pretty easy to find? Never stayed at Worthy View or been to Strummerville so never really been up that hill.

29 minutes ago, bombfrog said:

What's the field to the east of Acoustic stage. Looks like an enormous amount of wasted space but I'm guessing it's the hill so too steep for camping?

Most of those fields are used for Love Fields - glamping basically. I don't know if this is still the case, but as of a few years ago was owned by a farmer that had a problematic relationship with GFL & The Eavii and so wasn't likely to become available again. The main fenceline on the East of the site can't go out any further as it'd start crossing a public road and so it wouldn't be viable as general camping.

15 minutes ago, found home in 2009 said:

Thanks. Dumb question, but is the gate to Worthy view pretty easy to find? Never stayed at Worthy View or been to Strummerville so never really been up that hill.

Dead easy. 

1 hour ago, found home in 2009 said:

Yep....think it’s Gate C. Head straight up the left hand side of Pennards, it gets steeper as you go up. The stone circle will be on your left, and the tepee field on your right. Go almost as far as you can, there’s long drops on your left at the top, and the entrance to Strumerrville is over to your right in the copse of trees you’ll see there.

1 minute ago, Tranquility of Solitude said:

Yep....think it’s Gate C. Head straight up the left hand side of Pennards, it gets steeper as you go up. The stone circle will be on your left, and the tepee field on your right. Go almost as far as you can, there’s long drops on your left at the top, and the entrance to Strumerrville is over to your right in the copse of trees you’ll see there.

Gate C is on the east / right side at ‘3 o’clock’ as you look at the map above. It’s the one with the hill of death. 

I’m not sure if Worthy View has an alphabetical number like the other gates.