People coming from overseas....?

dmedxb

Hi everyone - I was super curious about how many of us are coming from overseas for Glastonbury? Was very interested to see all the different countries we were visiting from... 

My wife and I are both from the UK (my first! her third) but we work out in Dubai. Flying over Saturday night, couple of days work in our UK offices on Mon/Tues then off to Glasto first thing Wednesday - can't wait!

9 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Ooooh, you dodged the 2016 bullet, @01seb!!

You can be our fair weather talisman!

:)

Ben

Yes, I seem to have been very lucky! The three years I've attended have all been very good weather. I'm hoping the trend continues this year :)

4 hours ago, Gregfc15 said:

Travelling from Singapore, but did '16 & '17 from Abu Dhabi. Flying out Friday night!

see you Tuesday big man 

coming From Burnley, might as well be another world

Edited by shuttlep
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

Coming from NYC for 8th or so time. TBH, trip isn't that bad... it probably takes someone driving from northern Scotland longer or about the same to get there than it takes us.

Agreed, actual trip is fine. Only negative is that you leave a good few days before the festival so the packing can be tough, particularly given the uncertainty around the weather right now! 

The ol' Weight vs Necessity conundrum... 

6 hours ago, dmedxb said:

Hi everyone - I was super curious about how many of us are coming from overseas for Glastonbury? Was very interested to see all the different countries we were visiting from... 

My wife and I are both from the UK (my first! her third) but we work out in Dubai. Flying over Saturday night, couple of days work in our UK offices on Mon/Tues then off to Glasto first thing Wednesday - can't wait!

Both my parents are flying in from Dubai, be my Mums 2nd and my Dads 1st.

• Like 1

another from NY...for my 9th. My usual ritual is a big London night out on the Wednesday with old friends before taking a midday train out on Thursday, so I do arrive on-site a bit 'late' and then fly back on Monday but the wife and kids put up with my quick absence and use of family funds in good understanding spirit (i think) 

• Upvote 4

8 hours ago, 01seb said:

I'm coming from Australia for the 4th time (previously in 2013, 2015 & 2017). Leaving here on Saturday, and making Glasto the first part of a month long holiday, like I usually do.

Snap!...well close

We're coming from Melbourne for the 4th time. 2014, 2016, 2017.

(Our first one was in 1995 when we lived in Glasgow)

Staying on for a couple of weeks and checking out Cornwall.

Love the UK, even when BoJo becomes prime minister.

1 hour ago, tevaburger said:

another from NY...for my 9th. My usual ritual is a big London night out on the Wednesday with old friends before taking a midday train out on Thursday, so I do arrive on-site a bit 'late' and then fly back on Monday but the wife and kids put up with my quick absence and use of family funds in good understanding spirit (i think) 

Frank Turner on Thursday night at Strummerville? ?

5 hours ago, dmedxb said:

Agreed, actual trip is fine. Only negative is that you leave a good few days before the festival so the packing can be tough, particularly given the uncertainty around the weather right now! 

The ol' Weight vs Necessity conundrum... 

Coming from NYC here - my 8th 

exactly this conundrum; i'm fully packed at the moment, leaving in the morning and will spend a few days in London. I always pack light in terms of cloths and figure if I'm absolutely freezing I can buy something warm from the Oxfam shops on site.