"Must don'ts" 2019

august1

3 hours ago, sprocketrocket said:

Do what?!?! Film as in cling film or film as in record video? 

Don't do either obviously but to which are you referring? 

Latter one? I think it was 2010? My friend heard a laugh and I heard a squeal. She saw a selfie stick/ contraption filming/ taking pics of/ winding up people.. Actually in the hole! Thankfully I've never heard of anything remotely similar before or after but it was gross. There's so many things to do at glasto, spending any extended period of time at the toilets isn't one. 

Was it their phone?! Did someone pee on it?! WHY?! 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, brightyoungthing2 said:

Latter one? I think it was 2010? My friend heard a laugh and I heard a squeal. She saw a selfie stick/ contraption filming/ taking pics of/ winding up people.. Actually in the hole! Thankfully I've never heard of anything remotely similar before or after but it was gross. There's so many things to do at glasto, spending any extended period of time at the toilets isn't one. 

Was it their phone?! Did someone pee on it?! WHY?! 

Eeeeewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ?

7 minutes ago, Beergirl said:

I'm out of up votes but yeah, this

And, more importantly, this 

The noise and the mess caused by this is not what the stone circle is supposed to be about. Remember the drummers? They've been driven out over the last few years 

ah m80, I sincerely hope so.  Seen waaaaay fewer at London festivals this year so hopefully it's been put to bed. 

How about just following the list of "please, just dont's" from the official site?:

WHAT NOT TO BRING

Do not bring more than you need. Remember you’ll need to take all it home again. Most things can be bought on site if necessary.

Please don’t bring gazebos. They take up valuable tent space in the campsites. We’d also rather you didn’t put tape around your tent enclosures, please. It makes it harder for other people to get to their tents.

Only food and alcohol for personal consumption can be brought onsite.

Do not bring excess packaging. If you purchase something new for the Festival, please remove all the excess packing at home, before you arrive.

Please don’t bring anything made of glass. All glass will be confiscated if found, including perfume and mirrors.

Please do not bring non-biodegradable body glitter. Biodegradable glitter can be bought from traders onsite.

Please avoid the use of disposable wipes. Wipes – even biodegradable wipes, which quickly breakdown into micro-plastics – are problematic environmental pollutants. Plant fibre-based biodegradable wipes release greenhouse gases when they decompose, so we would like people to really try to use alternatives. A washcloth and a bar of soap works wonders!

You may be searched at the entrance for any items that may be used in an illegal or offensive manner – which will be confiscated. Persons suspected of carrying out illegal and/or offensive activities onsite may also be searched and face eviction. NB: Confiscated items will NOT be returned.

Please do not bring any of these prohibited items:

No portable laser equipment or pens are permitted.

NO animals (except registered guide dogs).

No sound systems or drums.

No generators.

No sky lanterns or kites, unauthorised fireworks, or wax flares.

No nitrous oxide (laughing gas). As a contraband good, under the Psychoactive Substances Act 2016 this substance is banned at Glastonbury.

[/quote]

Plus one from me:

Please don't bring your annoying view blocking flags to the stages you no sense of direction narcissistic dicks.

Edited by MrZigster

13 hours ago, crocodiles said:

Don't get on someone's shoulders in front of me ? you just get in the way and poor sod holding you up won't be enjoying it . 

Twice in 2017 I had people just stop right in front of me when I was watching stuff blocking my view when there was loads of space around us , oblivious to anyone else I guess so don't be a twat and block someone else's view (unless you really can't help it)

On 6/20/2019 at 2:17 PM, Magma said:

Don't worry about missing a gig because you got distracted by someone playing Shirley Bassey covers on an ocarina. Just enjoy it.

I once watched a choir in Greenfields for must be nearly an hour. All while Ed Sheeran was on the Pyramid (I'm not really a fan, but as a point of reference). 

Mates thought I was mad, I wouldn't change it for anything. 

Just now, zeppelin said:

I once watched a choir in Greenfields for must be nearly an hour. All while Ed Sheeran was on the Pyramid (I'm not really a fan, but as a point of reference). 

Mates thought I was mad, I wouldn't change it for anything. 

Random stuff rules?