"Must don'ts" 2019

august1

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

See bands for "value for money" and stay at the Pyramid all day. See bands because they're good, not big.

You say that but I regularly see acts I wouldn't usually pay to see, one of the many beautiful things about Glastonbury is being able to see someone like Dolly or Adele whose gigs I'd never go to myself. Ended up loving both of those mentioned above.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

You say that but I regularly see acts I wouldn't usually pay to see, one of the many beautiful things about Glastonbury is being able to see someone like Dolly or Adele whose gigs I'd never go to myself. Ended up loving both of those mentioned above.

Big difference between seeing acts you wouldn't pay to see and people who chain themselves to the pyramid stage so you are both right really.

6 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

Dont be a watcher be a participator ...... and dont ignore people around you make them smile instead :) 

Very much this.  Watching Vintage Trouble at BDs when Ty did his crowdsurfing thing, and he nearly ended up on the floor because more people were trying to film it than actually getting involved. Had him over my head pretty much on my own at one point!

I always refer to the Pink Fairies

Don't think about it
Well all you've got to do is, do it
Well don't talk about it
All you do is do it, do it
Don't lie about it
Do it, do it
Write about it honey
Then we'll just do it

Do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

Don't sing about it
If you ain't gonna, do it
Don't write about it man
If you ain't gonna, do it
Rock and roll
And the message is, do it
You're gonna rip me off man
You blew it

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

True. Thanks to Glastonbury I have seen Johnny Cash, David Bowie, Leonard Cohen.

Would be great if they could book Rod Stewart. I have never seen him. Would like to but his own concerts are very pricey.

14 hours ago, Notamurderer said:

Don't bring your guitar to the stone circle.

I'm out of up votes but yeah, this

14 hours ago, Neville Street said:

Don't bring your whipped cream dispensers to the Stone Circle - please! Maybe this is the year where that trend really goes into decline.

And, more importantly, this 

12 hours ago, mouserat said:

100% this. Nothing more depressing than doing the sunrise walk back to the tent, taking a look up the hill towards the stone circle and seeing thousands of empty silver cylinders littering the entire hill.

The noise and the mess caused by this is not what the stone circle is supposed to be about. Remember the drummers? They've been driven out over the last few years