Places to Collect Rented Van Nearby Festival Gate A

Danny Wheeler

1 hour ago, EasyUserName said:

They are shut from the Monday before, so they may close their carpark to avoid this sort of thing.  Don't know if they will, but who knows.

I've definitely spent last two Tuesday nights drinking there......

Another alternative is to work something out with people at Ashcombe Car Park (but the camping place next door also called Ashcombe!)

21 minutes ago, herzzreh said:

I've definitely spent last two Tuesday nights drinking there......

Ah, sorry I wasn't clearer.  I had lunch there last weekend, and asked about their opening hours as the plan was I would setup in West Campervan on Tuesday, and walk over for a pint (in 2017 I was in East & went to the Crown).

Lady behind the bar (at The Apple Tree) told me they were closing on the Monday before (just for the week) because of the anticipated traffic, and the issues it would bring to getting staff and supplies in.  I think they are new to the pub (seem to recall it shut briefly a few months back & word on social media was the old crew were off) so I guess they feel this is best for them.  Left my plans in the bin though! 

Edited by EasyUserName
  • Upvote 1

On 6/19/2019 at 11:48 AM, EasyUserName said:

Ah, sorry I wasn't clearer.  I had lunch there last weekend, and asked about their opening hours as the plan was I would setup in West Campervan on Tuesday, and walk over for a pint (in 2017 I was in East & went to the Crown).

Lady behind the bar (at The Apple Tree) told me they were closing on the Monday before (just for the week) because of the anticipated traffic, and the issues it would bring to getting staff and supplies in.  I think they are new to the pub (seem to recall it shut briefly a few months back & word on social media was the old crew were off) so I guess they feel this is best for them.  Left my plans in the bin though! 

I noticed today The Apple Tree has fencing around the entire site, including the carpark. Like they are expecting a riot! No use of their carpark once they close, in any event.