Shuttle buses from Castle Cary?

OllieMadd

Hi there,

I'm arriving as crew on the Monday into Castle Cary and wondering if anyone knows about if there are shuttles running from CC on the Monday?

The website only details things for ticket holders, and this is the first in year in 6 where I haven't just gotten a lift. 

Cheers!

The last couple of times I've arrived on Monday there have been two coaches waiting at Cary for the train (there aren't that many trains, so I suppose it's easy enough for them to time it). One coach was for Oxfam stewards, one was for general staff. In 2017 it was just me and the driver on the general staff one, so suffice to say there wasn't much of a queue at the litterpicker's wristbanding cabin when I arrived :D

6 hours ago, Pipine said:

Oxfam haven't mentioned anything about shuttle buses from castle cary, I'm arriving Tuesday afternoon and was expecting to have to get a taxi, if there's a bus that would be awesome. 

The shuttle bus will take you to Gate A, which is the wrong side of site for you - as you won't have a wristband yet, you'd need to walk around the outside of the site on public roads to get to registration which is a huge detour.

You really need a Taxi or lift to Purple Gate/Parking (Blue will work as well) - try asking around at CC see if anyone else is with Oxfam / Festaff / FMS and can share.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Porcelina said:

Decided to arrive a bit later this year, train due around 1:30pm Weds. From general experience have the shuttle queues subsided a bit by then? Have only ever arrived at 9ish.

The overnight / opening queues will have long since disappeared by then. The unpredictable part is that queues at Castle Cary and at Gate A can suddenly go from nothing to an hour in the space of a few minutes if a few trains / coaches all arrive and unload at around the same time.