Driving from Manchester - which car park?

MyEloise

Hi everyone, 

First time driving to the festival this year - just wondered which car park/side of the site people would recommend heading for? Don't want to get caught up in the coach traffic if possible, but also want to camp somewhere fairly dry in the event of rain - not too bothered about a long walk from South East corner at night. 

Had a look at the instructions on the website but not sure which car park the postcode they put for people driving from the North West will send us to. Anyone have any experience?

Pick where you want to camp and then take M5/A39 or M4/M32/A37 for west or east. Simple as that, once you get near site you won’t have much choice.

Its not going to be a mud bath anyway unless we see a significant change in the weather and the forecast.

I'd have thought for a 7am Wed arrival, go with M5/A39 and aim for somewhere on the West side (Back House / Dairy Ground if Gate D / Orange Carpark, or Pylon if Gate A / Yellow.  Either if in Pink Carpark).  Expect to be setting up around noon if all goes well.

Given it is your first time, I wouldn't stress and think of it as a planning trip for next time (your arrival).  There are various options depending on where you want to be, but to get a more central spot really needs some prior experience (Kidney Mead / Pennard Hill / Oxlyers).  Much better I would suggest to take your time and enjoy it all rather than get stressed trying to achieve an arbitrary goal that doesn't mean anything to you at this stage. 

I camped in South Park for my first year (Gate D), and it was an easy trip. 

Edited by EasyUserName

7 minutes ago, PoppingMyGlastoCherry said:

I have the same issue. First time driving for me (from Yorkshire) but want to head to an east car park if possible. Don't suppose anyone knows if this would be an issue when arriving 10/11am Thursday morning?

Shouldn't be.  The east car park is the larger of the two and the traffic shouldn't be that bad - aside from usual thursday morning traffic!

15 hours ago, PoppingMyGlastoCherry said:

I have the same issue. First time driving for me (from Yorkshire) but want to head to an east car park if possible. Don't suppose anyone knows if this would be an issue when arriving 10/11am Thursday morning?

Unless you have mates putting up your tent for you on Wednesday, it's best to use west parking Thursday  onwards as it's the west side of the site which will have camping space available by then.