Jess Glynne band for life from IOW festival

CeriG

Jess Glynne has been ban for life from IOW Festival for life, for not tuning up for her slot. Have a read below.

Band for life seems a bit extreme to me. What's your thoughts?

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/entertainment/music/isle-of-wight-festival-boss-hits-out-at-jess-glynnes-shocking-no-show-as-its-claimed-she-was-out-partying-until-7am-with-the-spice-girls/ar-AAD32cQ?ocid=spartandhp

TBF if any performer doesn't turn up to something they're being paid for, due to being hungover, and the booker knows (whether that be childrens parties, comedy nights down the local pub or headlining Glastonbury) they're not going to be booked again.

As an aside and not really relevant, if I remember correctly, was Frank Turner not banned from Glastonbury for awhile? What was the story behind that?  

17 minutes ago, CeriG said:

I understand banning her.... but for Life does seem very harsh IMO.

I'll be surprised if she's still relevant in 5 years or so, so it isn't as bad as it sounds. 

13 minutes ago, cdm22 said:

I wouldn't have thought the IOW festival will be around for much longer anyway so I doubt it will make much of a difference to her.

I have been to IOW once and I can't remember much of it. It didn't amaze me in the slightest.