McShit festivals

eFestivals

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

do you think festivals would have let McD's on 10 years ago? So why are they doing that now?

Probably a lot of it is coming from the other side. A decade ago McDonald's wouldn't have given a fuck about festivals.

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

roll up, roll up, get your McShit at the following festivals this summer...

Wireless, TRNSMT, Y Not?, Reading and Sundown.

If you ever needed an indicator that festivals are dying, this is it.

Presumably McD’s new Event Manager just fancied getting ruined in a field instead of feeding snotty kids at 5-a-side football tournaments or whatever. 

As grim as this is I guess that  the sheer quantity and scale of festivals these days means that they are going to hoover up a lot of mainstream punters?

Anyway I’m pleasantly surprised that there hasn’t been a change.org petition to set up a Nando’s in Silver Hayes yet! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

There was a time when festival goers were a bit more radical and had this vile company been in attendance the outlet would have been completely destroyed.

Exactly this, Huge shift isn't it? Not quite sure why, combination of factors, the liminal being absorbed into the mainstream, people growing up with festival culture now in positions of influence in the media, the ease of getting to from festivals, an increased desire to be in attendance at an 'event', but yeah, huge shift in the last 20-30 years. 'He who fucks nuns will later join the church'

21 minutes ago, Cooter said:

No different from the Co-op at Glastonbury, another huge company grabbing some £££££'s. Is Glastonbury festival dying? No, I don't think so.

The Co-Op is, as the name suggests, a cooperative movement owned by its members as opposed to shareholders. It subscribed to ethical principles from its birth....

• Like 4
  • Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Sometimes I can’t believe how rude you are to patrons of your site. Especially given you had your begging cup out to the same people just a couple of weeks ago. 

Hmmm. Complaint about rudeness and refusal to suck up to people made by rude person refusing to suck up to people. :lol: 

Edited by eFestivals

@eFestivals do you genuinely think festivals are dying in general?

I can see this being a bad sign (in that some festivals clearly need the money), but it feels to me like we're just going through a phase where some festivals will stop happening (after the explosion in the number of festivals in the last 10 years).

Also yeah I can see why Y Not would need cash after last year's shitshow.