Jump to content
eFestivals

McShit festivals

Recommended Posts

roll up, roll up, get your McShit at the following festivals this summer...

 Wireless, TRNSMT, Y Not?, Reading and Sundown.

If you ever needed an indicator that festivals are dying, this is it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why are they dying? I assume nobody is forcing anyone to partake in these vans, nor will McNuggets be the only food available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Why are they dying? I assume nobody is forcing anyone to partake in these vans, nor will McNuggets be the only food available.

do you think festivals would have let McD's on 10 years ago? So why are they doing that now?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, eFestivals said:

do you think festivals would have let McD's on 10 years ago? So why are they doing that now?

 

Bestival had a Pizza Express van 10 years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, keepad said:

Ohh I get it now, I’m still half a asleep.

You need a McMuffin!!

i didn’t realise that McDs were at festivals, that’s really dire!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

do you think festivals would have let McD's on 10 years ago? So why are they doing that now?

Probably a lot of it is coming from the other side. A decade ago McDonald's wouldn't have given a fuck about festivals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Bestival had a Pizza Express van 10 years ago.

so did other places, but that's not quite McShit, is it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

roll up, roll up, get your McShit at the following festivals this summer...

 Wireless, TRNSMT, Y Not?, Reading and Sundown.

If you ever needed an indicator that festivals are dying, this is it.

Presumably McD’s new Event Manager just fancied getting ruined in a field instead of feeding snotty kids at 5-a-side football tournaments or whatever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As grim as this is I guess that  the sheer quantity and scale of festivals these days means that they are going to hoover up a lot of mainstream punters?

 

 Anyway I’m pleasantly surprised that there hasn’t been a change.org petition to set up a Nando’s in Silver Hayes yet! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

do you think festivals would have let McD's on 10 years ago? So why are they doing that now?

 

There was a time when festival goers were a bit more radical and had this vile company been in attendance the outlet would have been completely destroyed.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No different from the Co-op at Glastonbury, another huge company grabbing some £££££'s. Is Glastonbury festival dying? No, I don't think so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

so did other places, but that's not quite McShit, is it? 

 

C195183D-EB27-4F96-9592-9CD0D83D11B5.jpeg

  • Upvote 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sawdusty Surfer said:

There was a time when festival goers were a bit more radical and had this vile company been in attendance the outlet would have been completely destroyed.

Exactly this, Huge shift isn't it? Not quite sure why, combination of factors, the liminal being absorbed into the mainstream, people growing up with festival culture now in positions of influence in the media, the ease of getting to from festivals, an increased desire to be in attendance at an 'event', but yeah, huge shift in the last 20-30 years. 'He who fucks nuns will later join the church'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cooter said:

No different from the Co-op at Glastonbury

OMFG :blink: :lol: 

Sometimes I can't believe how dumb some people are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eFestivals said:

OMFG :blink: :lol: 

Sometimes I can't believe how dumb some people are.

Believe, it's early, I can get dumber!

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

OMFG :blink: :lol: 

Sometimes I can't believe how dumb some people are.

Sometimes I can’t believe how rude you are to patrons of your site. Especially given you had your begging cup out to the same people just a couple of weeks ago. 

  • Upvote 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Cooter said:

No different from the Co-op at Glastonbury, another huge company grabbing some £££££'s. Is Glastonbury festival dying? No, I don't think so.

The Co-Op is, as the name suggests, a cooperative movement owned by its members as opposed to shareholders. It subscribed to ethical principles from its birth....

  • Like 4
  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TRNSMT did have a McFlurry van last year. However, it was literally just a van, out the way and with no other signage about the place. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Sometimes I can’t believe how rude you are to patrons of your site. Especially given you had your begging cup out to the same people just a couple of weeks ago. 

 

Hmmm. Complaint about rudeness and refusal to suck up to people made by rude person refusing to suck up to people. :lol: 

 

 

Edited by eFestivals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, sadimmock said:

The Co-Op is, as the name suggests, a cooperative movement owned by its members as opposed to shareholders. It subscribed to ethical principles from its birth....

this, for anyone who didn't get it. 

Thanks sadimmock. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@eFestivals do you genuinely think festivals are dying in general?

I can see this being a bad sign (in that some festivals clearly need the money), but it feels to me like we're just going through a phase where some festivals will stop happening (after the explosion in the number of festivals in the last 10 years).

Also yeah I can see why Y Not would need cash after last year's shitshow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...