Drop-off point

Celery

Taking my 2yr old this year for the first time, though only for the Thursday. The plan is to hand her off to my mum around 12pm Friday and then really get the party started. Just thinking through logistics... Where would be the best place to do this handover? And how long would it take to get to this point from, say, the Pyramid field? 

Thanks in advance x

I’m doing similar on Sunday with our 3 year old. 

The Collect & Drop Off Point at B&W Showground. 

https://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/information/getting-here/2592-2/

They also kindly sent me this email:

Hi, 

Thank you for your email. The Drop and Collect point is based at the Bath and West Showground, which has a post code of BA4 6QN, there will also be signs for it closer to the Festival site. 

In terms of bringing a foldable pushchair on the shuttle buses, this should be fine. 

Best Wishes 

Glastonbury Festival

• Upvote 1

Oh. 

The shuttle bus runs to and from PGA. So - depending on how you’re transporting your toddler around - 15/20 min walk from Pyramid to the gate. Maybe give it half an hour  

You can pass through The Wood near the JPT, which is a pleasant route. 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. 

Any idea if normal cars are allowed to stop at the taxi rank? I presume not but thought i'd check. Lack of car seat probably rules out actually taking a cab. 

And how regular are the shuttle buses to and from the showground? I normally wouldn't care but when you're travelling with a toddler I find military precision the best bet. Hope for the best but plan for the worst as Reacher would say. 

14 hours ago, Celery said:

Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. 

Any idea if normal cars are allowed to stop at the taxi rank? I presume not but thought i'd check. Lack of car seat probably rules out actually taking a cab. 

And how regular are the shuttle buses to and from the showground? I normally wouldn't care but when you're travelling with a toddler I find military precision the best bet. Hope for the best but plan for the worst as Reacher would say. 

@ian the wormdid a post yesterday about something similar and meeting his OH in a car at PGA, which piqued my curiosity.

But as he kindly explained, he's working the festival as usual and was able to wangle something with a delivery pass (I'm paraphrasing).

So, in short, no.

The Collect & Drop Off at B&W Showground seems the best idea and what i'm gonna stick with. 

The shuttle buses are very regular and run continuously.

1 minute ago, Woffy said:

@ian the wormdid a post yesterday about something similar and meeting his OH in a car at PGA, which piqued my curiosity.

But as he kindly explained, he's working the festival as usual and was able to wangle something with a delivery pass (I'm paraphrasing).

So, in short, no.

The Collect & Drop Off at B&W Showground seems the best idea and what i'm gonna stick with. 

The shuttle buses are very regular and run continuously.

Not PGA, red gate.  But whatever, you are right.