2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I highly doubt Elbow will be subbing amongst the sheer competition... also the fact that it’s 2020. I know they are friends of the festival but I genuinely don’t think it will be on the cards.

I think those other headliners are good and work really well. Pet Shop Boys against Kendrick stings a bit but it will make some unhappy that he’s headlining... happy.

Overall I quite like that stage breakdown even if there are some very nasty clashes. I’m expecting clashes but some of those are quite nasty.

Also looking at Aerosmith -> Noel -> Paul McCartney is very exciting. That pyramid field is going to be full to the brim all night.

Dunno why you are calling Elbow out as too small to sub but are fine with the siggestion of Haim (who are clearly smaller than the 'Bow) but there we go.

Fwiw, I reckon Nick Cave is other headline or nothing

9 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Dunno why you are calling Elbow out as too small to sub but are fine with the siggestion of Haim (who are clearly smaller than the 'Bow) but there we go.

Fwiw, I reckon Nick Cave is other headline or nothing

Eh? I didn’t say HAIM would sub? Where did I say that?

7 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

New year bump for the predictions thread. I'll stick to headliners only;

Pyramid

Kendrick Lamar / Paul McCartney / Taylor Swift

Other Stage

Pet Shop Boys / Calvin Harris / The 1975

West Holts

Thom Yorke / FKA Twigs / The Isley Brothers

John Peel

Wolf Alice / Orbital / IDLES

The Park

Bicep / Big Thief / Belle & Sebastian

7 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

That is a serious clashterfuck of a Friday.

Although I like the idea choosing whether to end the festival raucously with IDLES or chilled with B&S.

i can go and watch one of your Friday clashes if you want and report back..??  ive got nothing i want to see 😶

3 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

Friday.thumb.PNG.ab676eb76772b8dadef9173fb609404a.PNG

Saturday.thumb.PNG.d2f5987fbdc787461c0e9e9411fc4663.PNG

Sunday.thumb.PNG.370ae77b08142e9fede8e4cdc1b692a0.PNG

I don't know whether to berate or commend you for those Sunday night clashes. 

Swifty vs Foals vs The Isleys vs Orbital vs Caribou?!   Pop on the pyramid, dancable Indie on the other, soul on West Holts, Dance on the JP,  Electronica on the Park - if I curate Glastonbury that's what I'd aim for.

I could see myself ending up at any of those, which (if I could get over the FOMO) would make for a pretty exciting Sunday. I could do a lot worse than end up watching Richard Hawley tbh too. 

4 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Eh? I didn’t say HAIM would sub? Where did I say that?

My bad i didnt mean that. Just thought it was funny that the people before you were saying that haim should sub instead of elbow but you chose to discredit the elbow suggestion (and not the haim one which has 0 chance of happening)

39 minutes ago, sandfordswan said:

Any word if The National are in with a shout? Haven't heard their name thrown around for a while now and would love to see them headline the Park or JP on the Sunday night.

Subbed the Pyramid last time out so headlining one of those stages feels like too much of a drop considering their stock/reputation hasn't shifted since 2017. Only realistic spot for them to come back to is Other headliner, which isn't impossible but personally I think they're quite far down the list of likely candidates for one of those slots. 

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Supergrass > Ross > Capaldi > Pet Shop Boys > Swift

Would really like that to be honest. I don’t really want to be chained to the pyramid from Ross onwards. Where would you put HAIM though? They are meant to be on the Sunday.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I didn’t see the HAIM info. 

Given Capaldi’s rise could he even be bumped to sub with HAIM on third?

Well this is something I’m starting to think as (strangely) our knowledge of subs are dwindling. 

Lewis Capaldi will get one of the biggest crowds of the weekend so why not bump him to sub? Would probably be a good act for the Sunday pyramid crowd too.

Not gonna do a full prediction but does this work for the Pyramid Stage with what we know so far?

Fri: Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Haim, Cat Stevens, AJ Tracey

Sat: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher’s HFB, Aerosmith, Camila Cabello, Crowded House

Sun: Taylor Swift, Elbow, Earth Wind & Fire, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves

I really really don’t think it’s Elbow. I’m starting to warm up to the idea that Dua Lipa might be subbing Kendrick instead of Lana (even if it stings a bit) and that info is just wrong.

Kendrick Lamar / Dua Lipa / Lewis Capaldi / Cat Stevens

Paul McCartney / Noel Gallagher / Aerosmith / AJ Tracey

Taylor Swift / Stevie Nicks / Haim / Diana Ross

This would be really cool. I dunno if it’s almost a bit too stacked though.