2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

The Kinks have been saying they're about to reunite for nearly as long as they've been split.

I don't think Manilow will do it, however. Not unless his early June tour snakes back around.

The worst thing about Manilow is that I don't even know why I hate him. It makes me feel irrational. 

Edited by Sasperella

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I mean manilow has June tour dates. Are the kinks even back together?

Ray & Dave are apparently working on new material together. The drummer, Mick Avory, has for years been playing in, effectively, a Kinks tribute act, 'Kast Off Kinks', and their touring schedule is a good indicator of Kinks (in)activity. I've just checked and all their gigs from this July onwards have been cancelled. Now there could be a number of reasons for this, but maybe he is required elsewhere.

That said, that doesn't mean The Kinks are doing Glasto anytime soon, although I do remember ME saying a few years back that he'd just been on the phone to Ray about The Kinks playing GF...

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

That said, that doesn't mean The Kinks are doing Glasto anytime soon, although I do remember ME saying a few years back that he'd just been on the phone to Ray about The Kinks playing GF...

I mean I’d prefer it to Barry but I’d prefer anyone to Barry tbh

I only went with who is factually touring around glasto time (mind a few exceptions like Arctics).

From 2017 Forbes interview:

Q: A lot of people have suggested that should follow in the footsteps of other icons such as Lionel Richie and Dolly Parton and perform at the Glastonbury Festival. Has that been discussed at all?

BM: It’s never come up but those big rock and roll festivals would terrify me. I don’t think anybody would come (to see me). I’m not a rock and roll artist and that’s what those kinds of huge festivals have, they have loud bands and that’s not me. No-one’s offered that to me.

Could happen...

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just to change the subject, suprised at how well Emeli Sande's album has done (in at 6, way above Charli and Metronomy), I thought everyone rightfully stopped caring about her after her debut?

Her debut sold over 2 million copies. I wouldn't say entering the charts at number 6 is much to shout about from there.

15 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Her debut sold over 2 million copies. I wouldn't say entering the charts at number 6 is much to shout about from there.

Sure not as impressive as her debut, but still a higher debut than Miley's last album and she was 3rd on the pymild (not saying Emeli would get anywhere near that high, but I'm still surprised at the impact it had)

33 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Just to change the subject, suprised at how well Emeli Sande's album has done (in at 6, way above Charli and Metronomy), I thought everyone rightfully stopped caring about her after her debut?

As one of the eight people who turned up to watch her sub the Other a few years ago I am also surprised by this.

• 3 weeks later...

Successful for the second time on the trot so it is back to the predictions ahead of announcements this, next month and the next year announcements. I am bad at these but I have took Inspiration off other posters and this was what I am thinking. We cant avoid Coldplay and despite them not being peoples taste, it would be a good start to Pyramid proceedings, they wouldn't be that expensive with the relationship they have with the festival and the general audience will love them and so will the BBC for views. 'Rock slot' I think will be a loose term and I can see Wolf Alice playing it.

Macca I feel will play now. Not many front runners at the moment and he has spoken of it a few times, his daughter wanted him to play and if he pulled out he owes it to put on a show at the 50th.

Taylor is a shoe in. The gaps big enough to play despite being wedged with Scandinavian dates. Nick has to play the 50th and what a delight Taylor > Nick Cave would be. Has to be pyramid and would be a Sunday pleaser. Make that happen.

COLDPLAY // Lana Del Rey // Wolf Alice

PAUL MCCARTNEY // Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds // Missy Elliot

TAYLOR SWIFT // Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds // Dua Lipa 

After many years failing to get a ticket i finally got one!

To save me pawing through 20 pages of chat does anyone fancy putting up a list of likely and unlikey people if such a thing exists yet?

I've read Taylor, Fleetwood Mac, Paul MCartney, and Kendrick. 

Being new to Glasto setup are rumours usually the ones who play/headline.

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before .

5 minutes ago, Radioactive said:

After many years failing to get a ticket i finally got one!

To save me pawing through 20 pages of chat does anyone fancy putting up a list of likely and unlikey people if such a thing exists yet?

I've read Taylor, Fleetwood Mac, Paul MCartney, and Kendrick. 

Being new to Glasto setup are rumours usually the ones who play/headline.

I'm really sorry if this has been asked before .

Not sure if there are serious rumours about Kendrick. At this stage the only acts with actual rumours would be FM, Macca and Foals but the first two have reasons to suggest it won't be them and not many of us can see Foals headlining the Pyramid. Taylor looks a frontrunner with the tour dates, but no actual whispers to suggest it's her. Beyond that we don't know. 1975 seem an obvious one, Elton on his farewell tour makes sense, Coldplay are about next year...take your pick really. Until we get some more solid rumours it's just a case of looking at who is touring ,who would make sense and making educated guesses.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

50th Anniversary this year. Whats people thoughts on what the surprise / extra special additional to commemorate ? 

I know the edge lords will say this isn't an addition blah blah blah, but I think Muse are nailed on for a secret set being festival favourites over the years… maybe Coldplay as well, but I just have a feeling on Muse

15 minutes ago, aj6658 said:

50th Anniversary this year. Whats people thoughts on what the surprise / extra special additional to commemorate ? 

Radiohead somewhere would be nice.

if Blur don’t headline I could see them doing a random slot somewhere.

Can also see Taylor bringing out Ed and Brendon Urie.

edit: that’s Sheeran, not O’Brien.

Edited by jparx