2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

12 minutes ago, Fragile Battleship said:

I'm sure I've read in the past it's quite the opposite. If they put a run of similar acts together people camp out at a stage/on the barrier. Meaning others might not be able to get close if they've been elsewhere. It gets movement around the site. 

I've certainly seen it mentioned before on here that they aim for crowd churn. I'm personally of the opinion that given you sometimes get well matched combos and you sometimes get things that really clash is that they aren't really concerned about it and the driving force behind who plays what day will be the act's schedules.

18 minutes ago, Fragile Battleship said:

I'm sure I've read in the past it's quite the opposite. If they put a run of similar acts together people camp out at a stage/on the barrier. Meaning others might not be able to get close if they've been elsewhere. It gets movement around the site. 

Makes you wonder of the Aerosmith - Noel - Macca run is true. As I’d wager you’d get huge numbers of people turning up for Aerosmith and just staying through to Macca.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Makes you wonder of the Aerosmith - Noel - Macca run is true. As I’d wager you’d get huge numbers of people turning up for Aerosmith and just staying through to Macca.

"Sorry Aerosmith I know you've said you're happy to play 3rd down the bill and Saturday works for you but we're going to say no because of crowd churn concerns with the other bands we've booked."

I just think when booking bands on the cheap due to good will then "What day works for you?" is the most likely approach rather than either ensuring things match or that things don't match.

2 minutes ago, mcshed said:

I just think when booking bands on the cheap due to good will then "What day works for you?" is the most likely approach rather than either ensuring things match or that things don't match.

I think it works like that as well, certainly at the top end as the headliners are booked first, and probably less so the earlier in the day it is.

32 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

All that being said about crowd churn and encouraging variety, I don’t think they intentionally put a bunch of screaming topless Scots on before Sheeran solely to upset the blanket contingent.

The fact it did is merely a nice bonus.

Aunty Moira's 60th at the Douglas Hotel in Kilmarnock on the Friday night or whatever else was going on in the lives of the Biff was probably the thinking rather than anything at all to do with crowds.

They absolutely try to keep the crowd moving, stop people camping out, blanket brigade. The only exceptions I know are when the headliner is big enough to demand the sub is somebody specific, or cares enough... Stones and Primal Scream, The Who and Weller, and potentially Macca this year...

48 minutes ago, GrumpyRaver said:

They absolutely try to keep the crowd moving, stop people camping out, blanket brigade. The only exceptions I know are when the headliner is big enough to demand the sub is somebody specific, or cares enough... Stones and Primal Scream, The Who and Weller, and potentially Macca this year...

There's plenty of things that make sense together The XX into Radiohead or Liam into The Killers along with churn machine combos of Biffy into Ed Sheeran and Nick Cave into Mumford's. Along with shrug worthy neither matched not mismatched things like Vampire Weekend into The Cure . All the evidence points to them not giving a flying fuck about who follows whom. 

1 hour ago, mcshed said:

There's plenty of things that make sense together The XX into Radiohead or Liam into The Killers along with churn machine combos of Biffy into Ed Sheeran and Nick Cave into Mumford's. Along with shrug worthy neither matched not mismatched things like Vampire Weekend into The Cure . All the evidence points to them not giving a flying fuck about who follows whom. 

So subbing could be 1975 instead of Noel.

• Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Nah I reckon word will get out who it is easily. Even in 2015 everyone around me knew it was the Libertines before the banner dropped. I highly doubt that there would be a TBA on the pyramid that most people are genuinely surprised about.

With the exception of two women stood near me who where CONVINCED it was gonna be The Stone Roses, even with myself and everyone around telling them otherwise, they stuck to their guns and insisted we were all wrong. They were clearly going to be a nightmare once the band came on, so me and others slowly shuffled away to a better spot. I like to imagine that because they were so battered they didn't notice it wasn't the Roses and to this day regale their mates with tales of The Roses secret Glastonbury set! 

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I don’t like the placing of Wolf Alice, feels like they’ve been put there to try and lure me out of the nice spot I’ll have nabbed for Macca.

Well that was my only complaint of this prediction. hear us Emily please

Nice job by the way

On 3/1/2020 at 1:39 PM, Matt42 said:

Gonna just throw this out there

what do we actually have on Noel playing? He’s toured around the festival for years before and not done it. I wouldn’t be surprised if he is attending the festival instead of playing it.

He seems to prefer to do that anyway

Aside from the touring patterns nearby in the country, Neil knows my source and he is def, def playing. Think Neil was told even about this time last year that Noel had been booked in fairness

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Aside from the touring patterns nearby in the country, Neil knows my source and he is def, def playing. Think Neil was told even about this time last year that Noel had been booked in fairness

Thanks. I appreciate it. I was just trying to see if there’s any way some acts we defo think are playing could not be.