2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

39 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Albarn’s touring this new project into June, which would only give them a couple of weeks to get gig ready. Given that they haven’t played together for five years (barring one song in a pub) it seems a big ask.

Plenty of time to cobble together a 60 minute set of tunes they’ve played hundreds of times.

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

I thought Emily wanted secret sets on the Pyramid, so that more people could see it, hence the comments of making more space available 

Is that something she said? I thought that was just something a lot of people on here assumed due to it being the 50th.

The idea of secret sets on the Pyramid is cool, but I think the reality would be a pain. Everyone will turn up expecting it to be their favourite act, then half the field will leave immediately when the band comes out.

25 minutes ago, jparx said:

The idea of secret sets on the Pyramid is cool, but I think the reality would be a pain. Everyone will turn up expecting it to be their favourite act, then half the field will leave immediately when the band comes out.

Nah I reckon word will get out who it is easily. Even in 2015 everyone around me knew it was the Libertines before the banner dropped. I highly doubt that there would be a TBA on the pyramid that most people are genuinely surprised about.

5 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Nah I reckon word will get out who it is easily. Even in 2015 everyone around me knew it was the Libertines before the banner dropped. I highly doubt that there would be a TBA on the pyramid that most people are genuinely surprised about.

But if said act is on at 11am when there’s jack shit else on then people will turn up regardless. You could argue that some people won’t bother due to it being early, but if word got out that the likes of Coldplay were on early doors that Pyramid field would be stupidly rammed. 

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

But if said act is on at 11am when there’s jack shit else on then people will turn up regardless. You could argue that some people won’t bother due to it being early, but if word got out that the likes of Coldplay were on early doors that Pyramid field would be stupidly rammed. 

I’m all for it. Perfect time to check out the Pier, Green Fields, Ribbon Tower, etc...

50 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

If word got out that it was Coldplay, I’d really appreciate the lie in

11 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Our man @eFestivals saying in the Other thread that there will be no Capaldi this year.

Big intrigue in the Pyramid sub department now with two highly viable candidates pushed out of contention over the weekend.

I am surprised that no one put Tyler The Creator in this battle. He has a gap and in Europe in summer, fits in size as he is headlining festivals (in Primavera is headlining as Lana - Lana is subbing also). I don't know, it just came to my mind without Dua Lipa and Capaldi now.

He could put a good show before Taylor I think.

1 minute ago, AlexOvd said:

I am surprised that no one put Tyler The Creator in this battle. He has a gap and in Europe in summer, fits in size as he is headlining festivals (in Primavera is headlining as Lana - Lana is subbing also). I don't know, it just came to my mind without Dua Lipa and Capaldi now.

He could put a good show before Taylor I think.

Tyler into Taylor would be interesting!

Just now, grilladelphia said:

Tyler into Taylor would be interesting!

It would make much more sense for my, rather than Biffy Clyro for example. I think most of the people would stay for both in a row. I have him as really potential for Sunday sub instead of headlining West Holts for example (a possibility that was discussed in this forum).

On 2/28/2020 at 11:22 AM, Tuna said:

could just be that he isn't there? did it last year right? unless there's info, ofc.

👀

Find it really hard to gauge Tyler's size. Seems a little small for a sub spot but, as AO says, same slot as LDR at Primavera. 

3 minutes ago, Tuna said:

👀

Find it really hard to gauge Tyler's size. Seems a little small for a sub spot but, as AO says, same slot as LDR at Primavera. 

He got really big after Igor and certainly his show on the Grammy ceremony put him in the mainstream map.

I hope he will play and for the size of his show, a Pyramid Slot would be insane :)

He is headlining Rockslide 3rd July in the same position than Taylor, Kenny or The Strokes I don't really think is small AT ALL to sub:

https://www.roskilde-festival.dk/en/line-up/

Edited by AlexOvd

11 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

In fairness, Biffy before Ed Sheeran was a blatant mismatch in 2017 and it's hard to see Biffy before Taylor being anything else than an unfortunate repeat

Yeah it was a mismatch but they repeatedly do things like that because they don't care.

6 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Yeah it was a mismatch but they repeatedly do things like that because they don't care.

I'm sure I've read in the past it's quite the opposite. If they put a run of similar acts together people camp out at a stage/on the barrier. Meaning others might not be able to get close if they've been elsewhere. It gets movement around the site.