2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Haha with the TBAs you’ve gotta ‘punch up’ a bit lol. I think there’s a chance of maybe one or two.

In terms of bands to do an early morning set on the pyramid foo fighters seem the most likely to me. I think the shouts of GNR are a bit optimistic. If most of the festival are still in bed, I reckon Axel will be too lol.

Those early morning slots would be for those with relationships with the fest. Coldplay definitely, Elbow would be more likely than the likes of the Foos I’d say.

2 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Those early morning slots would be for those with relationships with the fest. Coldplay definitely, Elbow would be more likely than the likes of the Foos I’d say.

Foo Fighters dates are a bit suspicious though. On the June EU festival circuit and there are no UK festivals or dates.

Maybe for their 25th anniversary they will do some surprise UK shows (like they have done before) and one will be at Glastonbury.

I think if they are doing a surprise set though it would have to be on the pyramid. It could get a bit dangerous otherwise.

Edited by Matt42

24 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Foo Fighters dates are a bit suspicious though. On the June EU festival circuit and there are no UK festivals or dates.

Maybe for their 25th anniversary they will do some surprise UK shows (like they have done before) and one will be at Glastonbury.

I think if they are doing a surprise set though it would have to be on the pyramid. It could get a bit dangerous otherwise.

No UK dates because they’ve been everywhere in the last 2-3 years.

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Okay - to the best of my ability, my predictions for the biggest stages. Every day the pyramid will have a tba slot which will be filled by a previous headliner.

Friday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // Lana Del Rey // Lewis Capaldi // Anderson Paak. & The Free Nationals // Kacey Musgraves // TBA (Foo Fighters)
Other: Royal Blood // Wolf Alice // Blossoms // Sam Fender // Keane // The Libertines (opening)
West Holts: Thom Yorke Tomorrow's Modern Boxes // Mahalia // Brittany Howard
John Peel: Editors // Annie Mac // Cigarettes After Sex // Inhaler
Park: Bicep (live) // Weyes Blood // Rapsody

Saturday

Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // Aerosmith // Gwen Stefani // Crowded House // TBA (Coldplay)
Other: Calvin Harris // Camila Cabello // Gerry Cinnamon // Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abott // Skunk Anansie // Fontaines D.C // Supergrass
West Holts: FKA TWIGS // Burna Boy // Doja Cat
John Peel: AJ Tracey // Cage The Elephant // Beabadoobe // Confidence Man 
Park: Caribou // Four Tet // Whitney

Sunday

Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Dua Lipa // Alicia Keys // Diana Ross // HAIM // Charli XCX // TBA (Florence + The Machine)
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Tyler the Creator // Bombay Bicycle Club // Snow Patrol
West Holts: Earth Wind & Fire // The Isley Brothers // Angel Olson
John Peel: Orbital // Tones and I // Young T & Bugsy // Nothing But Thieves
Park: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard // Parcels // Sampha The Great

I'm sure there will be one or two things which are wrong and 'x' can't play on this date, but I think this is a feasible lineup.

I know there are some nasty potential clashes but I'm anticipating there to be some clashes this year. Please do let me know what you think. 

p.s those on the poster but not on the stage splits are occupying a slot much further down the lineup - but have made it onto the poster (Fun Lovin Criminals and Yusuf/Cat Stevens headlining Acoustic).

** I have forgotten Aitch but just imagine him in the JP one day. 

GeneratedFestivalPoster (2).png

Love How much Effort put into these! Well done mate.

21 hours ago, incident said:

One person has claimed that they're Sunday, but I don't think there's much substance there.

Their tour dates and specifically the recently added warm up show would suggest that Friday is the most likely, maybe Saturday at a push. It'd be pretty weird to do a warm up show on the Wednesday for a Sunday concert.

It was second hand info admittedly but I know exactly where it came from and if the fella didn’t know what the band were doing on what day I’d be sort of worried, put it that way :D

5 minutes ago, sisco said:

Love How much Effort put into these! Well done mate.

Thank you!

5 minutes ago, the wonderwhy said:

It was second hand info admittedly but I know exactly where it came from and if the fella didn’t know what the band were doing on what day I’d be sort of worried, put it that way :D

From the band itself? Or the festival itself? Interesting scoop.

23 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I think the three TBA acts opening the Pyramid is a decent idea but if that happened I think Elbow and The 1975 would be two of them. Elbow seem perfect for something like that to be honest. 

Makes sense. I reckon the 1975 are strategically sitting this out though.

Friday TBA being Foo Fighters (fit with rock slot style booking)

Saturday TBA being Coldplay because... well.. the BBC would love it.

Sunday TBA being Elbow. Would work well.

Again I still think those expecting the likes of Radiohead/Foo Fighters and even to an extent Coldplay (the only one I can possibly see doing) to show up are gonna get their hopes up a hell of a lot when the eventual line up does come and its a good line up with a few 'oh thats cool' but no stadium headlining acts opening the festival. 

2 minutes ago, jparx said:

Love the tba idea. 

I’d like to see a dance act open one day. Chems would be incredible as a past headliner, but looking at non-headliners I think Fatboy Slim opening the Pyramid on Friday would be a proper laugh. 

Fatboy Slim has said he wants to play every stage so an early morning TBA slot from him on the Pyramid seems like the best way for him to tick that stage off and would be a real crowd pleaser. I can see it. 

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Fatboy Slim has said he wants to play every stage so an early morning TBA slot from him on the Pyramid seems like the best way for him to tick that stage off and would be a real crowd pleaser. I can see it. 

Thats the kinda sized act I can see Fatboy/Elbow as 2 of the openings and then MAYBE Coldplay on Saturday especially if they sling it on BBC mid day. 

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Has he ever played that stage before? If not, surely he's earned it by now. I heard he's never cashed a cheque for a gig at the farm.

Personally I can see one of the big surprises being Greta opening the pyramid with a speech, curtain drops and the 1975 have the first big set of the weekend. Feels right and in keeping with the festival ethos and in light of the high profile issues this past year and both their public involvement