2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

6 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Did their recent album do much?

It went number 1 as did the last 2 before it and they both went gold.

Elbow might not be popular on here but I think they are stIll fairly popular, saw them at the O2 arena supported by John Grant as my parents wanted to go and was pretty good.

I think they could top the other stage while Kendrick is on and get a decent crowd looking for an easy watch.

1 hour ago, kalifire said:

I personally think Elbow headlining Other is more likely than subbing Taylor Swift. 

Didn’t they sub The Park Or something in 2017? Headlining the Other seems high.

Edit: just realised I’m talking rubbish and it was a (well known) secret slot. But reckon more likely for a Pyramid lower down than headlining Other

Edited by strummer77

33 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know they've been somewhat discounted, but is there not a decent chance that Twenty One Pilots could sub Kendrick?

Not really an act I’d see Glastonbury booking for Pyramid sub tbh. OS headliner made sense as a young persons alternative to McCartney. Pyramid sub from them seems a bit naff and more something Reading and Leeds would do.

4 hours ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

We have to be due another announcement soon. I expect something by the end of the month.

Maybe not the last headliner, but a different stage headliner? (Like Janelle was announced last year)

I can't see one this month, I know 'there's no pattern' but the thingy states we've only ever we acts announced in January. I can see Kendrick being announced next month (week of the NME awards) and then line up poster in mid march. If we were to get someone soon I'd imagine it'd be Aerosmith but I still think they're keeping that for the first poster drop. Even though its been 'leaked' having Aerosmith appear on the poster and in headlines for news is a real big get. 

Go on then...

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // The Strokes // Dua Lipa // TLC // Yusuf's Cat Stevens // Kacey Musgraves // Craig Charles' Funk'n'Soul Club
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Mark Ronson // Anderson .Paak // Bombay Bicycle Club // Sam Fender // Kaiser Cheifs // Mabel // Supergrass
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Caribou // Pusha T // Mahalia // Maisha // Tank and the Bangas // Pongo
John Peel: Editors // Cigarettes After Sex // Neck Deep // Ocean Wisdom // Franc Moody // Celeste // Holy Fuck // 100 gecs // Girl Ray
The Park: Metronomy // Big Thief // Weyes Blood // Rapsody // Richard Dawson // Squid // Arlo Parks // Flamingods

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // Aerosmith // Lewis Capaldi // Crowded House // Michael Kiwanuka // Fatboy Slim
Other: Calvin Harris // J Hus // Mura Masa // Blossoms // Aitch // Nothing But Thieves // Of Monsters & Men // Declan McKenna
West Holts: FKA Twigs // Kali Uchis // Burna Boy // Tom Misch // The Free Nationals // Tshegue // Theon Cross
John Peel: Placebo // Cage The Elephant // Perfume Genius // King Krule // The Japanese House // DigDat // Inhaler // Beadaboodee
The Park: Bicep // Four Tet // Whitney // Fontaines D.C. // Otoboke Beaver // Flohio // Tropical Fuck Storm // Yola

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Elbow // Alicia Keys // Diana Ross // Haim // Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott // Hacienda Classical
Other: Catfish & The Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Snow Patrol // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes // Sleaford Mods // Zara Larsson // Sundara Karma
West Holts: Thom Yorke // Kano // Brittany Howard // Kamaal Williams // KOKOKO! // Hackney Colliery Band
John Peel: Orbital // Charli XCX // Young T & Bugsey // Angel Olsen // Tones and I // Easy Life // Blood Red Shoes // Confidence Man
The Park: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard // Parcels // Sampa The Great // Black Midi // Soccer Mommy // Caroline Polachek // Nerija

2020Jan.thumb.png.f9eb1cae23c580a1f688cbd1700daf18.png

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Is there any chance of Robyn?

There were a few outlets reporting that she was playing Lovebox but then she never materialised on the lineup announcement, so she may well be around (unless she's an exclusive) but I've given up hope on her appearing tbh, and then if she was there she'd probably just end up headlining a stage and I'd miss her anyway.

16 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Go on then...

FRIDAY
Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar // The Strokes // Dua Lipa // TLC // Yusuf's Cat Stevens // Kacey Musgraves // Craig Charles' Funk'n'Soul Club
Other: Pet Shop Boys // Mark Ronson // Anderson .Paak // Bombay Bicycle Club // Sam Fender // Kaiser Cheifs // Mabel // Supergrass
West Holts: The Isley Brothers // Caribou // Pusha T // Mahalia // Maisha // Tank and the Bangas // Pongo
John Peel: Editors // Cigarettes After Sex // Neck Deep // Ocean Wisdom // Franc Moody // Celeste // Holy Fuck // 100 gecs // Girl Ray
The Park: Metronomy // Big Thief // Weyes Blood // Rapsody // Richard Dawson // Squid // Arlo Parks // Flamingods

SATURDAY
Pyramid: Paul McCartney // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // Aerosmith // Lewis Capaldi // Crowded House // Michael Kiwanuka // Fatboy Slim
Other: Calvin Harris // J Hus // Mura Masa // Blossoms // Aitch // Nothing But Thieves // Of Monsters & Men // Declan McKenna
West Holts: FKA Twigs // Kali Uchis // Burna Boy // Tom Misch // The Free Nationals // Tshegue // Theon Cross
John Peel: Placebo // Cage The Elephant // Perfume Genius // King Krule // The Japanese House // DigDat // Inhaler // Beadaboodee
The Park: Bicep // Four Tet // Whitney // Fontaines D.C. // Otoboke Beaver // Flohio // Tropical Fuck Storm // Yola

SUNDAY
Pyramid: Taylor Swift // Elbow // Alicia Keys // Diana Ross // Haim // Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott // Hacienda Classical
Other: Catfish & The Bottlemen // Wolf Alice // Snow Patrol // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes // Sleaford Mods // Zara Larsson // Sundara Karma
West Holts: Thom Yorke // Kano // Brittany Howard // Kamaal Williams // KOKOKO! // Hackney Colliery Band
John Peel: Orbital // Charli XCX // Young T & Bugsey // Angel Olsen // Tones and I // Easy Life // Blood Red Shoes // Confidence Man
The Park: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard // Parcels // Sampa The Great // Black Midi // Soccer Mommy // Caroline Polachek // Nerija

Nice effort, although I really don't see Catfish being given a Other headline slot. Even in an average year they'd be a long shot as you generally don't get that kind of act topping the Other despite the lower portion of it being jam packed, but in a year where Emily has mentioned Pyramid headliners, no way are they getting the gig. Subbing maybe, or just their traditional third down slot.

22 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Go on then...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

A lot to like here, although yet again I’d be scratching around for a Sunday night headliner. Swap the Strokes and Catfish around and you have yourself a deal.

27 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Go on then...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

This is fucking strong, would love it. That Strokes > Kendrick is sweet! 

35 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Go on then...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Template? This is nice.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Go on then...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Good effort that.

Had a look at where I want to be and I cant really quibble, apart from that Confidence Man slot. I think they are in for quite a big slot this year.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nice effort, although I really don't see Catfish being given a Other headline slot. Even in an average year they'd be a long shot as you generally don't get that kind of act topping the Other despite the lower portion of it being jam packed, but in a year where Emily has mentioned Pyramid headliners, no way are they getting the gig. Subbing maybe, or just their traditional third down slot.

Yeah potentially, just wanted a rock band on there and Catfish are probably one of the biggest "new" rock bands. Guess Royal Blood might be in with a shout too