2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

5 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Nowt wrong with variety, I’m hoping to see a wide range of acts and genres on the bill, except  Catfish - they can fuck right off.

Oh 100% a bit more variety is always good, and it gives me the chance to go and watch bands elsewhere rather than it all being great at the Pyramid. 

Just now, Matt42 said:

Maybe I just need to shift what I’m thinking.

my current thinking for the pyramid is

Friday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, ???, 

Saturday: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher’s high flying birds, Aerosmith, ???

Sunday: Taylor Swift, ???, HAIM, Diana Ross, 

I guess HAIM could be playing lower than I imagine they are.

Looks like a prime slot for Elbow that.

1 minute ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

I can see HAIM third Other Stage and I can see (with the recent news) Alicia Keys being after Diana Ross. I think we'll see Catfish on the Friday possible 3rd, maybe 4th. Still have NO idea about the sub for Taylor, I think thats one of the more uncertain ones. 

Just now, chazwwe said:

I can see HAIM third Other Stage and I can see (with the recent news) Alicia Keys being after Diana Ross. I think we'll see Catfish on the Friday possible 3rd, maybe 4th. Still have NO idea about the sub for Taylor, I think thats one of the more uncertain ones. 

Played that last time didn’t they?! Can see them getting their higher pyramid shot this time.

Catfish - fully agree, expect to see them 3rd down.

Also reckon people like Crowded House, Dido, Camilla Cabello and Alicia Keys (with the tour gap) will get Pyramid spots.  i have TLC down for West Holts but  people Also thought they’d get a pyramid spot. 

12 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

what’s the info on Lana not looking likely anymore? That’s very disappointing 

I heard from someone she was subbing Kendrick but it looks like that was nothing. At the time I did say that it was an incredibly loose source. You can find the original post.

@eFestivals feel free to take her off the rumour page

Edited by Matt42

13 minutes ago, whateverworksout said:

what’s the info on Lana not looking likely anymore? That’s very disappointing 

It's assumed based on her being in Europe in early June, then back in the US for Bonnaroo the next week. People think it unlikely she would then hop back to Europe again for Glasto.

Very disappointing, for me, so just keeping fingers crossed for an exceptional appearance.

Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Catfish + the Bottlemen, TLC (if not on west holts), Dido, Keane

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith, Camilla Cabello, Crowded House, Zara Larrson 

Taylor Swift, Alicia Keys, HAIM, Diana Ross, Rag n Bone Man, Local Choir

No doubt very wrong. 

Edited by sisco

3 minutes ago, sisco said:

Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Catfish + the Bottlemen, TLC (if not on west holts), Dido, Keane

No doubt very wrong. 

Not very wrong. Gwen Stefani could still be there

19 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday

Haim could play any day, I know they're rumoured for Sunday but I think that's purely because they're playing Dublin on the following Tuesday and they're pals with Taylor. They will most likely be there all weekend anyway so they could easily fit into that 3rd down Friday gap with Alicia Keys playing on the Sunday. Still plenty of room for Guy Garvey and the lads too.

I love how forthright and confident everybody is in their predictions, based upon almost no information other than gaps in touring schedules and hearsay. Outstanding leaps of faith! Though I don't contribute (as I would simply provide what amounts to a wish list!), its just about my favorite thread on the forum to read - top notch entertainment so keep up the good work people!

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

No elbow room?

I was gonna make that joke myself but resisted. 

16 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Not very wrong. Gwen Stefani could still be there

Why are people confident on Gwen Stefani? She’s been announced for Eu fest in July but that is about it. 

I find it hard to place her on the lineup. She could be third down pyramid or middle of the day other stage. She could also do a Carrie Underwood slot and play very early on the pyramid. I think it all comes down to what she demands really. She’s got the back catalogue for Glasto to book her and I think she’d go down very well.

21 minutes ago, sisco said:

No doubt very wrong. 

Everyone is varying degrees of wrong at this point. Alicia Keys subbing Taylor is an interesting call.

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

That's more than Stevie Nicks has got.

The Stevie Nicks rumours for like 2-3 weeks of her being on predictions were hilarious, its really weird that one person goes 'oh that would be cool' and then its followed by weeks of people discussing where she would play, what kind of set she would have an even 'maybe they made an agreement for her to play and then Fleetwood next year'.

This place is mad.

9 minutes ago, Gingerfish79 said:

I love how forthright and confident everybody is in their predictions, based upon almost no information other than gaps in touring schedules and hearsay. Outstanding leaps of faith! Though I don't contribute (as I would simply provide what amounts to a wish list!), its just about my favorite thread on the forum to read - top notch entertainment so keep up the good work people!

I also enjoy reading it very much but I can't help thinking that for some people it's a bit like the tabloids - make enough predictions and some will come right.

There's going to be some curveballs ahead.

Just now, wro_lap said:

Here’s a thought: Catfish could play on the Other Stage opposite Diana Ross on the Sunday, a la BMTH last year.

Not a bad shout, although it didn't go down that well for Bring Me - pretty sure they had a tiny crowd. I'd imagine that Catfish would fare better against Diana Ross though.

40 minutes ago, stuie said:

I also enjoy reading it very much but I can't help thinking that for some people it's a bit like the tabloids - make enough predictions and some will come right.

There's going to be some curveballs ahead.

Oh totally. Theres a few here who post small predictions every other day with it constantly changing. Its all part of the fun