2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

9 hours ago, Leyrulion said:

With Emily Eavis's commitment to being at/nearly at a 50/50 gender split some of these lineups seem short on women so throwing out these in addition to those already up there.

Georgia, Celeste, Normani, RAYE, Robyn, Ava Max, Gabrielle Aplin,  Jorja Smith, Tove Lo, Lorde

Apologies if you've already mentioned any of them. Any more suggestions which are a bit less "pop"? 

Got to imagine Georgia and Celeste will definitely there. Many long for Robyn but suspect she won't be once again. 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

It just looks stronger than usual because they've stopped booking so many men.

Hmm I think it’s because it looks (so far) that there are less circuit bands playing and instead acts playing for the first time or acts that haven’t played for a very long time. There’s a chance that the top 6 on the pyramid could be artists who have either played once or are playing for the first time.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Hmm I think it’s because it looks (so far) that there are less circuit bands playing and instead acts playing for the first time or acts that haven’t played for a very long time. There’s a chance that the top 6 on the pyramid could be artists who have either played once or are playing for the first time.

Wouldn’t get ahead of yourself just yet - there’s still a chance they’ve fucked it and let a lot of the good acts slip through their fingers in favour of The Lumineers and Two Door Cinema Club. 

15 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

While I am hopeful, I still think we're gonna see the odd Lumineers and Catfish and the bottlemen show up on the stage to round out for some more 'rock' stuff. 

34 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I think Elbow have played more than once.

I think if any act is going to win the “oh my god I can’t believe they are playing that low “ award this year, I think it will be elbow. I won’t be surprise if they play middle of the day on the other stage this year.

11 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I won’t be surprise if they play middle of the day on the other stage this year.

I really would be.

I could see them possibly opening the Other Stage, but I don't think they will given that the last time they played was a 'secret' set on The Park. I think if they're playing this year they'll be given a proper set high up somewhere.

It's not even like we've currently got so many subs that we can't work out where they'll play. Now Lana seems to be out of contention and Aerosmith don't look to be subbing there's a bit more room at the top spots. I'm sure there'll be at least one act subbing the Pyramid that's a friend of the farm, and to me Elbow seem the best bet for that.

I think it's more likely that they'll win your award of "oh my god I can't believe they're playing that high again".

Edited by SomeoneListeningIn

2 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

The lowest, most surprising slot I could see Elbow realistically getting would be John Peel headliner.

Hmm I just think there’s a lot of competition to push them out of a huge slot. I also don’t think they’d be adamant about subbing again either.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Hmm I just think there’s a lot of competition to push them out of a huge slot. I also don’t think they’d be adamant about subbing again either.

But what competition? It seems likely that Noel Gallagher is subbing Macca, but apart from that there's really no one else we know of that seem dead cert to sub the Pyramid. Maybe Foals, but they could easily be headlining the Other Stage.

34 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

But what competition? It seems likely that Noel Gallagher is subbing Macca, but apart from that there's really no one else we know of that seem dead cert to sub the Pyramid. Maybe Foals, but they could easily be headlining the Other Stage.

Foals

Dua Lipa

Stevie Nicks

Lewis Capaldi

Lana Del Ray

Noel Gallagher is already taking one of those spots. Foals may not be headlining the other stage if Massive Attack info is true. It would mean Foals are probably not playing if they aren’t subbing the pyramid and not headlining the other stage.

I also think Stevie Nicks is likely to be on the lineup and Lewis Capaldi could be given a leg up to a sub spot.

You are right that there’s a good case about every act, but I don’t think Elbow have got the gig.

Kendrick subbed by Dua

McCartney subbed by Noel

Taylor subbed by either Foals or Stevie Nicks

I cant see beyond that at the moment. I just don’t think there is space for Elbow.

Foals

Dua Lipa

Stevie Nicks

Lewis Capaldi

Lana Del Ray

Noel Gallagher is already taking one of those spots. Foals may not be headlining the other stage if Massive Attack info is true. It would mean Foals are probably not playing if they aren’t subbing the pyramid and not headlining the other stage.

I also think Stevie Nicks is likely to be on the lineup and Lewis Capaldi could be given a leg up to a sub spot.

You are right that there’s a good case about every act, but I don’t think Elbow have got the gig.

Kendrick subbed by Dua

McCartney subbed by Noel

I cant see beyond that at the moment. I just don’t think there is space for Elbow.

Really don’t think Stevie Nicks is as likely as you think, and especially not subbing the Pyramid. As many have said, considering we thought Fleetwood Mac were nailed on but then money apparently got in the way again it’d be a bit of a kick in the teeth for her to rock up, especially in such a high slot. And as others have pointed out, she really doesn’t have that many well known solo bangers. Not expecting her to be there at all personally. 

As for Elbow, fucking hope they’re not subbing the Pyramid again ffs. Before either Kendrick or Taylor would be a massive let down - need something to get the party started... like Nick Cave. 

Foals

Dua Lipa

Stevie Nicks

Lewis Capaldi

Lana Del Ray

Kendrick subbed by Dua

McCartney subbed by Noel

I don't know why you're so sure about Stevie Nicks being there given that there's nothing to suggest she's coming over to Europe to do festivals yet but fair enough.

I could see Dua Lipa subbing, but I also think there's a good chance she's third down as there's a bit of precedent in recent years of big pop stars getting that slot.

I doubt Lewis Capaldi is going to sub. Not even 100% sure he'll be there, but I think third Pyramid or Other sub would be the slot he'll get if he is.

I guess my point is that a lot of the names you're suggesting, other than Noel, are just logical predictions. All of them could easily be playing other slots or not playing at all, so to suggest there's no room for Elbow or anyone else to sub seems so premature at this point.

1 hour ago, chazwwe said:

While I am hopeful, I still think we're gonna see the odd Lumineers and Catfish and the bottlemen show up on the stage to round out for some more 'rock' stuff. 

Nowt wrong with variety, I’m hoping to see a wide range of acts and genres on the bill, except  Catfish - they can fuck right off.

13 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I don't know why you're so sure about Stevie Nicks being there given that there's nothing to suggest she's coming over to Europe to do festivals yet but fair enough.

I could see Dua Lipa subbing, but I also think there's a good chance she's third down as there's a bit of precedent in recent years of big pop stars getting that slot.

I doubt Lewis Capaldi is going to sub. Not even 100% sure he'll be there, but I think third Pyramid or Other sub would be the slot he'll get if he is.

I guess my point is that a lot of the names you're suggesting, other than Noel, are just logical predictions. All of them could easily be playing other slots or not playing at all, so to suggest there's no room for Elbow or anyone else to sub seems so premature at this point.

Capaldi looks a lock for third down Pyramid on Sunday to me. And he’d get a huge crowd post-Ross.

Maybe I just need to shift what I’m thinking.

my current thinking for the pyramid is

Friday

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, ???, 

Saturday: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher’s high flying birds, Aerosmith, ???

Sunday: Taylor Swift, ???, HAIM, Diana Ross, 

I guess HAIM could be playing lower than I imagine they are.