2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

3 hours ago, WestCountryGirl said:

I feel like Nick Cave has dropped off everyone's predictions radar. Have the Bad Seeds been ruled out somewhere and I've missed it?

Not ruled out but they aren't announced for any festivals and are touring arenas all over Europe from about March to mid-June. I think people were anticipating that the tour would segue into a festival run but it doesn't look to be happening.

6 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Py: Kendrick Lamar, Wolf Alice, Dua Lipa, Cat Stevens, Kacey Musgraves, Kano, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Camila Cabello, Sam Fender, Keane, Nothing But Thieves
WH: FKA Twigs, Jamie Cullum, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Brittany Howard
JP: Editors, Mura Masa, Aitch, Clairo
Pa: Bicep LIVE, Bat For Lashes

Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Aerosmith, Gwen Stefani, Crowded House, Mahalia, P.P. Arnold
OS: Calvin Harris, J Hus, Bombay Bicycle Club, Rita Ora, Metronomy
WH: Thom Yorke, Khruangbin, Kali Uchis, Toots & the Maytals
JP: AJ Tracey, Charli xcx, Yungblud, Young T & Bugsey
Pa: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Phoebe Bridgers

Py: Taylor Swift, Elbow, Earth Wind & Fire, Diana Ross, Michael Kiwanuka, Norah Jones, Choir
WH: The Isley Brothers, TLC, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy
JP: Orbital, Caribou, Zara Larsson, Angel Olsen
Pa: King Krule, Tom Misch

Why's everyone always thinking Bicep on the Friday, rather than Saturday or Sunday?

45 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

There's info putting them on Park which due to the early finish pretty much rules out Sunday. 

Could do Saturday as far as I know though. 

Most people probably reckon Friday as Calvin Harris is probably most likely to do the Sat (assuming he is playing, good counter to Paul) and it makes most sense to spread the electronic acts out a bit.

9 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Py: Kendrick Lamar, Wolf Alice, Dua Lipa, Cat Stevens, Kacey Musgraves, Kano, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Camila Cabello, Sam Fender, Keane, Nothing But Thieves
WH: FKA Twigs, Jamie Cullum, Fun Lovin' Criminals, Brittany Howard
JP: Editors, Mura Masa, Aitch, Clairo
Pa: Bicep LIVE, Bat For Lashes

Py: Paul McCartney, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Aerosmith, Gwen Stefani, Crowded House, Mahalia, P.P. Arnold
OS: Calvin Harris, J Hus, Bombay Bicycle Club, Rita Ora, Metronomy
WH: Thom Yorke, Khruangbin, Kali Uchis, Toots & the Maytals
JP: AJ Tracey, Charli xcx, Yungblud, Young T & Bugsey
Pa: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Phoebe Bridgers

Py: Taylor Swift, Elbow, Earth Wind & Fire, Diana Ross, Michael Kiwanuka, Norah Jones, Choir
WH: The Isley Brothers, TLC, Femi Kuti, Burna Boy
JP: Orbital, Caribou, Zara Larsson, Angel Olsen
Pa: King Krule, Tom Misch

That Sunday line up is a thing of beauty for me Snow Patrol, Diana Ross, EWF, Elbow and The Isley Brothers

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Most people probably reckon Friday as Calvin Harris is probably most likely to do the Sat (assuming he is playing, good counter to Paul) and it makes most sense to spread the electronic acts out a bit.

Not sure the overlap of people wanting to see Bicep and Calvin Harris is that high to be honest.

But yeah I unfortunately get the logic.

That predicted Saturday night up above isn't great for me or my group, be hoping for some big names in SE Corner, Pangea, Glade etc if its near accurate.

With Emily Eavis's commitment to being at/nearly at a 50/50 gender split some of these lineups seem short on women so throwing out these in addition to those already up there.

Georgia, Celeste, Normani, RAYE, Robyn, Ava Max, Gabrielle Aplin,  Jorja Smith, Tove Lo, Lorde

Apologies if you've already mentioned any of them. Any more suggestions which are a bit less "pop"? 

Edited by Leyrulion

11 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

Which makes sense when you are playing fantasy bookings but remember the festival doesn't give a shit about clashes and makes zero effort to spread similar acts about or line up the most suitable alternatives. 

6 hours ago, mattiloy said:

Pixies will be somewhere I think. Would be gutted if j&mc clashed with both thom yorke and McCartney and think it unlikely. If just on Customer satisfaction then theres more crossover in fans there than with those Taylor Swift or kendrick and thom yorke or j&mc.

Again that's not how the festival arranges bookings, acts with way more cross over than that play at the same time every year.

13 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Not ruled out but they aren't announced for any festivals and are touring arenas all over Europe from about March to mid-June. I think people were anticipating that the tour would segue into a festival run but it doesn't look to be happening.

I guess I can see that. I'd been wondering already how the Ghosteen material would work as a live show, I can imagine it would be even harder to translate in a festival setting.

14 minutes ago, jparx said:

Flaming Lips and Radiohead being a prime example.

In 2014 there where only 4 hip-hop acts on main stages the whole weekend, they were all on Friday and De La Soul clashed with Deltron 3030 and Jurassic 5 clashed with Danny Brown and I've never quite got over it.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Deltron were ace.

Deltron were awesome but beforehand I was worried Del Tha Funky Homosapien's reputation for half-arsed performances is almost as bad as De La Soul's. By all accounts De La were better than they often are that day as well. Danny Brown was probably brilliant as well but I know nobody who missed J5.

15 minutes ago, mcshed said:

but I know nobody who missed J5.

Field was packed for J5 and I loved every second! Deltron were also wicked. 

I've still never got over Tribe not playing when I thought that was gonna happen, but that's a whole other kettle of fish. 

I've been saying to my friends for a little while, with who acts who are touring, small predictions here and there, I really think the stage I'll be at the most this year is the Pyramid and then a few trips down to the park for Soccer Mommy/Big Thief. I only saw 2 and a half acts last year which for me was fairly low but not ridiculously. This year it seems I'll be seeing every headliner and a fair few of the undercard each day. 

Its great because I do go there for the music, but it makes me sad I might not see as much of the site this year.