2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

8 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Well jj me old mucker, I saw Stereophonics at a smallish venue tonight and they'd be great at JP, I'm all for it. Would prefer a middle of the afternoon secret set though.

I really wanted to go to that but couldn't get tickets! Everytime I got an alert on Twickets they'd be gone before I had a chance :(

Just now, Gilgamesh69 said:

I really wanted to go to that but couldn't get tickets! Everytime I got an alert on Twickets they'd be gone before I had a chance :(

Sorry but it was ace.

Stereophonics get a LOT of negativity on this forum but loads of the favourites of this place would kill to have a song as good as Local Boy In A Photograph. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Sorry but it was ace.

Stereophonics get a LOT of negativity on this forum but loads of the favourites of this place would kill to have a song as good as Local Boy In A Photograph. 

Looks great. Don't think I'd pay to see them at an arena or anywhere big, but seeing them at a small venue sounds like it would be fantastic. Saw Primal Scream at a tiny venue last year and was probably one of the funnest concert's I've been to...

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Small Prediction:

Pyramid:

Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Camilla Cabello, Rag N Bone Man

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith, Crowded House

Taylor Swift, Lewis Capaldi, HAIM, Diana Ross

Other:

Pet Shop Boys, Wolf Alice

Calvin Harris, Skepta

Foals, Glass Animals

JP:

Editors

Orbital

Placebo

WH:

Thom Yorke

TLC

The Isley Brothers

The Park:

BICEP

Fun Loving Criminals

Caribou

* Obviously it will be very wrong and no doubt I’ve over/under estimated various acts *

I reckon there’ll be more female headliners than this, haven’t got a clue who like 

7 hours ago, lukethekid said:

I reckon there’ll be more female headliners than this, haven’t got a clue who like 

I think that’s one of the main reasons I had  been predicting Dua Lipa to headline the other.

Like you I’m not sure who either.  
Florence and the Machine, Missy Elliot? Lana Del Rey?  Things is they’re all probably more suited to the pyramid.  

I do think there’ll certainly be more of a 50/50 split on the pyramid this year.  Others like Dido, Kesha, Rita Ora and Zara Larsson all about for some of the lower spots.  Add in Camilla Cabello and Gwen Stefani too and there’s plenty of options to make sure it’s at least 50/50

Edited by sisco

Pyramid:

Kendrick, Dua Lipa, Dave 

Macca, Aerosmith, Noel G 

Taylor Swift,?, Lewis Capaldi 

Other: 

Pet Shop Boys, Gerry Cinnamon 

Post Malone, Wolf Alice 

Massive Attack, Skepta

I suspect someone will come left field to sub the Sunday, a bit like Janet Jackson made her way this year when no one could have guessed it. Mostly just because I don't think Capaldi will sub, and I can't think who

10 hours ago, sisco said:

Small Prediction:

Pyramid:

Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Camilla Cabello, Rag N Bone Man

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith, Crowded House

Taylor Swift, Lewis Capaldi, HAIM, Diana Ross

Other:

Pet Shop Boys, Wolf Alice

Calvin Harris, Skepta

Foals, Glass Animals

JP:

Editors

Orbital

Placebo

WH:

Thom Yorke

TLC

The Isley Brothers

The Park:

BICEP

Fun Loving Criminals

Caribou

* Obviously it will be very wrong and no doubt I’ve over/under estimated various acts *

I can see Charli XCX headlining the John Peel and and I still think we'll get a female other headliner, apart from that, this is really strong. 

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

First two Phonics albums are ace, most of their output since has been bobbins.

The first 2 Phonics albums were essential fpr me as a teenager. I loved them. 

I saw them on the Performance and Cocktails tour & then again when JEEP came out. I'd already bought a ticket for the 2nd gig before the album was out.  I have still never been as disappointed in an album in my life. 

The gig was dull too.

Never seen them since. If I was guaranteed there to be nothing post P&C, I'd go. Otherwise, nah.

'Have a nice day' still haunts me now.

Edit - And Handbags & Gladrags. Oh dear god. No.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

25 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I saw them on the Performance and Cocktails tour & then again when JEEP came out. I'd already bought a ticket for the 2nd gig before the album was out.  I have still never been as disappointed in an album in my life. 

The gig was dull too.

Never seen them since. If I was guaranteed there to be nothing post P&C, I'd go. Otherwise, nah.

Handbags and Gladrags was the point of no return. I forgave the duet with Tom Jones, but that??

2 hours ago, Sasperella said:

I even like Mr Writer :ninja:

I've never really got behind that song on record but it was excellent last night.

23 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

The gig was dull too.

While I agree most of the albums haven't been up to much since (with the exception of Graffiti On The Train), there have been enough decent songs to make their live shows an enjoyable event. 

10 hours ago, Gnomicide said:

Sorry but it was ace.

Yo Gnom, I'm heading to Leeds tonight (that was me on Twitter). Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Was there any support? 

I've mentioned this before, but I have a soft spot for the band since they played a warm up date at the UEA in the late 2000s. Kelly was ill so they had to cancel just before doors (Little Man Tate, who were supporting, played for free). However the 'phonics still came back and played after the dates they were supposed to be warming up for. I think some bands would have just cancelled. 

Anyway, buzzing for tonight. 

1 hour ago, zeppelin said:

Yo Gnom, I'm heading to Leeds tonight (that was me on Twitter). Glad to hear you enjoyed it. Was there any support? 

I've mentioned this before, but I have a soft spot for the band since they played a warm up date at the UEA in the late 2000s. Kelly was ill so they had to cancel just before doors (Little Man Tate, who were supporting, played for free). However the 'phonics still came back and played after the dates they were supposed to be warming up for. I think some bands would have just cancelled. 

Anyway, buzzing for tonight. 

Support was Nadia Sheikh, no idea if they're any good though as we didn't get there until after they'd finished. 

One of my worst festival experiences was in 2002.  I'd just watched the Charlatans subheadline on the pyramid stage, and parted company with some friends as I was going to go watch something else.  Unfortunately I had rather too much jazz cigarette and ended up curled up on the floor by the fence halfway up the pyramid field, and had to stay perfectly still for about 2 hours because I knew if I moved I'd be sick everywhere.  To make matters worse, that was the night Stereophonics headlined :(

• Upvote 1