2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

Is there much of a history of acts playing before or even on the same day as their mates? Not sure that's enough to be sure Haim are Pymild Sunday. I agree Elbow aren't getting that sub slot though, I don't think they'll go with that uninspired a choice (again). Dua Lipa or Capaldi though - both (or one of) look likely to me.

On Earth, Wind and Fire - are they touring? Are they likely? That'd be fantastic.

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Dua Lipa won’t sub. 

I’m struggling to think where she is playing to be honest. The sun say she is on the pyramid and I originally thought she would be doing the third down slot on the Saturday. Seeing as it’s Aerosmith at that spot I reckon she could well be subbing.

1 minute ago, The Martini Police said:

On Earth, Wind and Fire - are they touring? Are they likely? That'd be fantastic.

Someone (can’t remember who, should start to note these things) came through with info that they’ve been booked a while ago. Seemed to be a reliable user as I wouldn’t normally take note of stuff like that from a randomer but I could be remembering wrong.

Anyway, if they are there then it’s either West Holts headline again, or in the post Diana Ross slot which would make more sense to me this time around.

On a side note, I also wonder if The Isley Brothers could play that slot instead of being West Holts headliners like everyone is guessing.

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Ahh ok. I think they’ll be there for sure, but there’s nothing actually tying them down to Sunday yet.

I think it's because they're playing Ireland on the Tuesday following Glastonbury but I don't think that makes too much difference as I imagine they'll be there the full weekend anyway. They might actually prefer getting their set out the way on the Friday so they can enjoy the rest of the weekend.

12 minutes ago, kalifire said:

Dua Lipa won’t sub. 

I think they'll want to have at least one woman as a sub and she seems the obvious shout for it. Could easily play third down too but I think she's big enough to sub now.

On 1/14/2020 at 7:08 AM, SwedgeAntilles said:

Subbed the Pyramid last time out so headlining one of those stages feels like too much of a drop considering their stock/reputation hasn't shifted since 2017. Only realistic spot for them to come back to is Other headliner, which isn't impossible but personally I think they're quite far down the list of likely candidates for one of those slots. 

If the 1975 not headlining other stage is true, I'd say national headlining is a lot more likely.

21 minutes ago, zahidf said:

If the 1975 not headlining other stage is true, I'd say national headlining is a lot more likely.

Things have definitely shifted over the last 24 hours. After PSB the 1975 were the one I was most confident about (with Calvin Harris remaining the outlier). They satisfied the 'Pyramid-size' criteria better than anyone else in the frame. If they are indeed out the running for 2020 the it does kinda blow things wide open

Pyramid

Kendrick/Dua Lipa/ Lewis Capaldi/Wolf Alice

Macca/ NGHFB/Aerosmith/Sam Fender

Taylor Swift/Lana Del Ray/ Haim/Diana Ross

Other

Pet Shop Boys/ The Libertines/ Gerry Cinnamon/Supergrass

Massive Attack/ AJ Tracey/ Blossoms/Bombay Bicycle Club

Foals/ Ian Brown/ Fontaines DC/Franz Ferdinand

John Peel

Editors/ Shed 7/The Big Moon/ Slow Readers Club

The Cribs/ London Grammar/ Yungblood/ The Lathums

Slow Thai/ Kano

Pymaid stage

Friday: Kendrick Lamar

Saturday sir Paul McCartney

Sunday Taylor swift

The other stage

Friday royal blood

Saturday Martin garrix

Sunday pet shop boys

Jon peel stage

Friday stereophonics

Saturday editors

Sunday foals

West Holt's stage

Friday lizzo

Saturday clean bandit

Sunday yungblud

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

Where did the idea that Aerosmith would sub Noel? By any metric they are the bigger act surely?

Of course they are, but the info is that Gallagher subs McCartney. Glastonbury doesn't adhere strictly to acts playing in ascending order of size and, whether Aerosmith are on at 3pm or 7pm, it's an oddity nonetheless.

• Upvote 1

Wonder if Aerosmith were the act that the Eavi were talking about when they mentioned possibly expanding the Pyramid field. Personally I’m not sure how much the younger crowd will really care about them, but having a headliner sized act anywhere other than headlining is gonna bring the crowds regardless.

Or they could’ve just been talking about McCartney...

Small Prediction:

Pyramid:

Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Camilla Cabello, Rag N Bone Man

Macca, NGHFB, Aerosmith, Crowded House

Taylor Swift, Lewis Capaldi, HAIM, Diana Ross

Other:

Pet Shop Boys, Wolf Alice

Calvin Harris, Skepta

Foals, Glass Animals

JP:

Editors

Orbital

Placebo

WH:

Thom Yorke

TLC

The Isley Brothers

The Park:

BICEP

Fun Loving Criminals

Caribou

* Obviously it will be very wrong and no doubt I’ve over/under estimated various acts *