2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

FRI
Py:
Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Aerosmith, Cat Stevens, Kacey Musgraves, Rita Ora, Fatboy Slim
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender, AJ Tracey, Glass Animals, Kaiser Chiefs, Declan McKenna, The Specials
WH: FKA Twigs, Kano, War, Toots & the Maytals, Les Amazones D'Afrique, Octavian, Celeste
JP: Bombay Bicycle Club, London Grammar, Aitch, Angel Olsen, Black Midi, Not3s, Georgia, The Big Moon, Just Mustard
Pa: Belle & Sebastian, DJ Shadow, Big Thief, Ed O'Brien, Courtney Marie Andrews, Soccer Mommy, Orlando Weeks, Joy Crookes

SAT
Py:
Paul McCartney, Elbow, Sam Smith, Camilla Cabello, Supergrass, Keane, Sinead O'Connor
OS: Twenty One Pilots, Skepta, The Libertines, Blossoms, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot, Nothing But Thieves, Tove Lo, Ash
WH: Thom Yorke TMB, Michael Kiwanuka, Amadou et Mariam, Rokia Traore, Sampa the Great, SEED Ensemble, Sudan Archives
JP: Mura Masa, Everything Everything, Cage the Elephant, MoStack, Clairo, Inhaler, The Murder Capital, Sea Girls, No Rome
Pa: Bicep LIVE, Floating Points, TBA, Easy Life, Confidence Man, The Regrettes, Jehnny Beth, Squid

SUN
Py:
Taylor Swift, Foals, Haim, Diana Ross, Crowded House, Norah Jones, Billy Bragg
OS: Noel Gallagher's HFB, Wolf Alice, Snow Patrol, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Manic Street Preachers, Mabel, Yungblud, Tom Grennan
WH: The Isley Brothers, Gregory Porter, TLC, Quantic, Grace Carter, Rina Sawayama, KOKOKO!
JP: Caribou, Charli XCX, Of Monsters & Men, TBA, Hobo Johnson & the Lovemakers, Tones and I, Pup, Sports Team
Pa: King Krule, Phoebe Bridgers, Whitney, Mahalia, Hinds, Marika Hackman, Kojey Radical, Velvet Negroni

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py:
Kendrick Lamar, Dua Lipa, Aerosmith, Cat Stevens, Kacey Musgraves, Rita Ora, Fatboy Slim
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Gerry Cinnamon, Sam Fender, AJ Tracey, Glass Animals, Kaiser Chiefs, Declan McKenna, The Specials
WH: FKA Twigs, Kano, War, Toots & the Maytals, Les Amazones D'Afrique, Octavian, Celeste
JP: Bombay Bicycle Club, London Grammar, Aitch, Angel Olsen, Black Midi, Not3s, Georgia, The Big Moon, Just Mustard
Pa: Belle & Sebastian, DJ Shadow, Big Thief, Ed O'Brien, Courtney Marie Andrews, Soccer Mommy, Orlando Weeks, Joy Crookes

SAT
Py:
Paul McCartney, Elbow, Sam Smith, Camilla Cabello, Supergrass, Keane, Sinead O'Connor
OS: Twenty One Pilots, Skepta, The Libertines, Blossoms, Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbot, Nothing But Thieves, Tove Lo, Ash
WH: Thom Yorke TMB, Michael Kiwanuka, Amadou et Mariam, Rokia Traore, Sampa the Great, SEED Ensemble, Sudan Archives
JP: Mura Masa, Everything Everything, Cage the Elephant, MoStack, Clairo, Inhaler, The Murder Capital, Sea Girls, No Rome
Pa: Bicep LIVE, Floating Points, TBA, Easy Life, Confidence Man, The Regrettes, Jehnny Beth, Squid

SUN
Py:
OS: Noel Gallagher's HFB, Wolf Alice, Snow Patrol, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Manic Street Preachers, Mabel, Yungblud, Tom Grennan
WH: The Isley Brothers, Gregory Porter, TLC, Quantic, Grace Carter, Rina Sawayama, KOKOKO!
JP: Caribou, Charli XCX, Of Monsters & Men, TBA, Hobo Johnson & the Lovemakers, Tones and I, Pup, Sports Team
Pa: King Krule, Phoebe Bridgers, Whitney, Mahalia, Hinds, Marika Hackman, Kojey Radical, Velvet Negroni

Loving this lineup - excellent job!  Just swap Charli with Foals and I would be camped at the Pyramid all Sunday ?

8 minutes ago, The life of Pablo said:

Do we think all the Pyramid Stage on the Sunday could be all women? With Swifty and Diana Ross, surely they could? Would make a very big statement. 

Don't think they'd force it, but it could happen I guess. I think one of Foals or Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds will sub though, with the other headlining The Other.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2019 at 5:27 PM, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py:

SAT
Py:

SUN
Py:

That Kendrick/PSB/B&S clash can get to fuck.

Just as an aside, if it's not been mentioned already, I'd not be shocked if Lionel Richie was a guest with Diana Ross to do their song 'Endless Love'. 

He's part way through a UK tour at the time with no dates that weekend & I remember seeing him in Vegas a couple of years back where he joked about her doing the sing with him that night before saying he couldn't remember the last time they had done it together so Glasto would seem a good fit for a crowd pleasing reunion.

39 minutes ago, Scenester64 said:

Just as an aside, if it's not been mentioned already, I'd not be shocked if Lionel Richie was a guest with Diana Ross to do their song 'Endless Love'. 

He's part way through a UK tour at the time with no dates that weekend & I remember seeing him in Vegas a couple of years back where he joked about her doing the sing with him that night before saying he couldn't remember the last time they had done it together so Glasto would seem a good fit for a crowd pleasing reunion.

Thats a good shout, would be amazing.

1 hour ago, Scenester64 said:

He has a show in Germany on the same day, so probably not a runner.

On 12/18/2019 at 9:27 AM, Gilgamesh69 said:

If Pulp reformed next year, they'd probably play Glasto, yeah? But where do you reckon they would play? ?

This is such a jump to conclusion/straw clutching as anything.

'Pulp aren't reforming next year, but if they were too, they would probably play Glastonbury. So where would they play. Amazing. 

3 minutes ago, chazwwe said:

This is such a jump to conclusion/straw clutching as anything.

'Pulp aren't reforming next year, but if they were too, they would probably play Glastonbury. So where would they play. Amazing. 

I was having a piss next to Jarvis at me local boozer a few months ago, I complimented him on his watch and we started talking. He was saying how he's well excited about next year 'cause he's got something big planned

So it's not conclusive but it's possible they'll get the gang back together

45 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

I was having a piss next to Jarvis at me local boozer a few months ago, I complimented him on his watch and we started talking. He was saying how he's well excited about next year 'cause he's got something big planned

I’m going to need more concrete info than “some oddball accosted Jarvis in a toilet” before I get too excited.

1 hour ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Im gonna give this one a strong I doubt it/10 

If it were to happen, it'd be great. Sling em 3rd down on the Pyramid as a 'special' slot but I really can't see it. 

On 12/26/2019 at 10:10 PM, Gilgamesh69 said:

Definitely thought that compliment was being aimed further south after that initial setup.

And isn't he gearing up to release an album with his Jarv Is project? I'd have thought that would be the big thing planned rather than Pulp reforming

12 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Definitely thought that compliment was being aimed further south after that initial setup.

And isn't he gearing up to release an album with his Jarv Is project? I'd have thought that would be the big thing planned rather than Pulp reforming

It must be a decent watch to catch the eye at that angle. 😂 I think Jarvis will be there in one form or another, he is one of the performers interconnected with the festival. 

• 3 weeks later...

New year bump for the predictions thread. I'll stick to headliners only;

Pyramid

Kendrick Lamar / Paul McCartney / Taylor Swift

Other Stage

Pet Shop Boys / Calvin Harris / The 1975

West Holts

Thom Yorke / FKA Twigs / The Isley Brothers

John Peel

Wolf Alice / Orbital / IDLES

The Park

Bicep / Big Thief / Belle & Sebastian