2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

Some of the tour scheduling probably doesn’t work but I just wanna throw in the Sade wrench

FRI:

Pyramid: Kendrick Lamar, Charli XCX, Judas Priest, Iggy Pop, Randy Newman, Paolo Nutini, Fatboy Slim

WH: Orbital, Bicep, Femi Kuti, The Specials

JPT: Kano, Tyler the Creator, Supergrass, My Bloody Valentine, The Murder Capital, Chromatics

PS: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard, Bat for Lashes, Stereolab, Big Thief, Vagabon, Wolf Parade

SAT:

Pyramid: Paul McCartney, Biffy Clyro, Elbow, Haim, Cat Stevens, AJ Tracey, Goldfrapp

OS: Dua Lipa, Wolf Alice, a Gallagher, Kesha, Beck, Editors, 

WH: Sade, Khruangbin, Danny Brown, Toots and the Maytals, Brittany Howard

JPT: FKA Twigs, Glass Animals, SECRET SET (Metallica), Angel Olsen, Elvis Costello & the Imposters

PS: Floating Points, Young Fathers, Lianne La Havas, Sleater-Kinney, Cate Le Bon, Kim Gordon

SUN:

Pyramid: Taylor Swift, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, Lewis Capaldi, Diana Ross, Van Morrison

OS: The 1975, a Gallagher, Harry Styles, Blossoms, Cage the Elephant

WH: Thom Yorke, Mura Masa, Lenny Kravitz, Noname, BEAK>

JPT: Bombay Bicycle Club, Devo, Grimes, Aitch, La Roux

PS: Caribou, Everything Everything, Sampa the Great, Levellers, Black Midi, Squid

7 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

in 2016 he subbed the Pyramid. I know most people there ignored him, but still...

God that Sunday pyramid in 2016 was really naff.

Jeff Lynne playing in the pouring rain, Ellie Goulding being really awful, Beck playing to a bunch of Coldplay fans.

To be fair Coldplay were pretty good but that is probably the most naff pyramid day I’ve seen in all my years at Glasto. 2013 Sunday in a close second. 

25 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Jeff Lynne playing in the pouring rain, Ellie Goulding being really awful, Beck playing to a bunch of Coldplay fans.

To be fair Coldplay were pretty good but that is probably the most naff pyramid day I’ve seen in all my years at Glasto. 2013 Sunday in a close second. 

I must have been in the minority but I loved Jeff Lynne even in the rain. Would have preferred sunshine but you make do with what you get. 

36 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Friday 2019 pretty appalling and worse than both of those imo. A relatively weak headliner, Ezra, Bastille, Odell, a cover band and a terrible Lauryn Hill performance (strong act on paper though). Sheryl Crow the only good one on there. 

Vampire Weekend, Nick Cave and First Aid Kit in 2013 is much better.

Edited by The Martini Police

4 minutes ago, The Martini Police said:

Friday 2019 pretty appalling and worse than both of those imo. A relatively weak headliner, Ezra, Bastille, Odell, a cover band and a terrible Lauryn Hill performance (strong act on paper though). 

Weak for us... strong for the majority of Glasto goers.

Ezra, Stormzy and Bastille whilst not completely to the tastes of the forum are BBC darlings and provided some strong Glastonbury moments.

Whilst awful for me - watching this back and really studying the reaction of the crowd this is the kind of performance which causes a surge in ticket sales

• Downvote 2

1 hour ago, MassiveGypsum said:

I may be overestimating with Charli... I feel like I’ve seen some talk on here that she could get that high placement but perhaps it’s optimistic.

I’m actually a big Beck fan and I feel bad shafting him there... I reckon a higher slot on JPT would be a walk for him.

I think swapping Charli and LDR around would make a lot more sense.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Whilst awful for me - watching this back and really studying the reaction of the crowd this is the kind of performance which causes a surge in ticket sales

Yeah I generally have little time for him and particularly that song, but watching that gave me the goosebumps and made me feel very happy I have a ticket next year.

2 hours ago, Mattymooz said:

I had one all ready to go that had AC/DC topping so will have to change a bunch of stuff now thats been scrapped (plus othet tour info)

Ha, it’s ok mate.  Love looking at the predictions but nowhere near savvy enough to do my own

Edited by sisco

On 7/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, 100borrowedfilms said:

JOHN PEEL: Anna Calvi

Would absolutely love her to headline it. She wonderful live, deserves it, is comfortably a big enough draw (so long as its not on macca night) and would be perfect in a tent. I’ll guess she’ll be up there with Sigur Ros for the most atmospheric-enough-to-make-a-grown-man-cry headliner ever at the JP. Or maybe at glasto.

Get her booked!

• Like 1

FRIDAY
Py
: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Elbow, Aerosmith, TLC, Randy NEwman, Pale Waves
OS: Biffy Clyro, Beck, Lizzo, Sam Fender, Gerry Cinnamon, Declan McKenna, Fontaines D.C, The Chats
WH: Santana, Tyler the Creator, Bicep, Salt N Pepa, Land of Kush 
JP: Haim, Charli XCX, Nothing But Thieves, DMA's, Cage the Elephant, Sofi Tukker, Sports Team
Pa: Bombay Bicycle Club, Bat for Lashes, Angel Olsen, Jade Bird, Soccer Mommy

SATURDAY
Py
: Paul McCartney, Justin Timberlake, Lewis Capaldi, Dua Lipa, Crowded House, Rag N Bone Bone, Tom Grennan 
OS: Alt-J, Wolf Alice, London Grammar, Editors, Manic Street Preachers, Miles Kane, Tropical F*ck Storm, The Magic Gang
WH: James Blake, Pusha-T, Caribou, Mahalia, CHAI
JP: Supergrass, Blossoms, Of Monsters & Men, Tom Walker, Marika Hackman, Confidence Man, Allvays 
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Sampha, Stereolab, Weyes Blood, Black Midi

SUNDAY
Py: Taylor Swift, The 1975, Pet Shop Boys, Dianna Ross, Cat Stevens, Jamie Cullum, Laura Marling
OS: Foals, Royal Blood, Glass Animals, Dermot Kennedy, Michael Kiwanuka, Everything Everything, Ezra Furman, Tones & I
WH: Thom Yorke, Mura Masa, Femi Kuti, Brittany Howard, Mauskovic Dance Band
JP: Ian Brown, Metronomy, Frank Carter & TRS, Cigarettes After Sex, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Aitch, The Murder Capital
Pa: Grimes, Public Service Broadcasting, Whitney, Clairo, Squid

5 hours ago, 01seb said:

FRIDAY
Py
: Red Hot Chili Peppers, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Elbow, Aerosmith, TLC, Randy NEwman, Pale Waves
OS: Biffy Clyro, Beck, Lizzo, Sam Fender, Gerry Cinnamon, Declan McKenna, Fontaines D.C, The Chats
WH: Santana, Tyler the Creator, Bicep, Salt N Pepa, Land of Kush 
JP: Haim, Charli XCX, Nothing But Thieves, DMA's, Cage the Elephant, Sofi Tukker, Sports Team
Pa: Bombay Bicycle Club, Bat for Lashes, Angel Olsen, Jade Bird, Soccer Mommy

SATURDAY
Py
: Paul McCartney, Justin Timberlake, Lewis Capaldi, Dua Lipa, Crowded House, Rag N Bone Bone, Tom Grennan 
OS: Alt-J, Wolf Alice, London Grammar, Editors, Manic Street Preachers, Miles Kane, Tropical F*ck Storm, The Magic Gang
WH: James Blake, Pusha-T, Caribou, Mahalia, CHAI
JP: Supergrass, Blossoms, Of Monsters & Men, Tom Walker, Marika Hackman, Confidence Man, Allvays 
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Sampha, Stereolab, Weyes Blood, Black Midi

SUNDAY
Py: Taylor Swift, The 1975, Pet Shop Boys, Dianna Ross, Cat Stevens, Jamie Cullum, Laura Marling
OS: Foals, Royal Blood, Glass Animals, Dermot Kennedy, Michael Kiwanuka, Everything Everything, Ezra Furman, Tones & I
WH: Thom Yorke, Mura Masa, Femi Kuti, Brittany Howard, Mauskovic Dance Band
JP: Ian Brown, Metronomy, Frank Carter & TRS, Cigarettes After Sex, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever, Aitch, The Murder Capital
Pa: Grimes, Public Service Broadcasting, Whitney, Clairo, Squid

Fair play, because this would be shite 

• Upvote 4