2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

On 10/27/2019 at 11:37 AM, dentalplan said:

Let's find out!

FRIDAY
Py: Foals, Bon Iver, Judas Priest, Haim, Randy Newman
OS: Bjork, Sam Fender, The Libertines, Run the Jewels, Metronomy, Ava Max, Declan McKenna, Sleaford Mods, Supergrass
WH: Mura Masa, Sampha, War
JP: James Blake, DMA's, MoStack, The Amazons, The Horrors, Clairo, The Big Moon, Squid
Pa: Caribou, Young Fathers, secret set (but it's Kasabian), Whitney

SATURDAY
Py:
Coldplay, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Alicia Keys, Earth Wind & Fire, J Hus
OS: Disclosure, Dua Lipa, Bombay Bicycle Club, Editors, Mabel, Everything Everything, Kesha, Rolling Blackouts CF, Pumarosa
WH: Santana, Khruangbin, Nao
JP: Pixies, Zara Larsson, Portugal the Man, Aitch, Tom Grennan, secret set (but it's Metallica), Temples, The Blinders, Cassia
Pa: Charli XCX, Stereolab, Black Midi, Mahalia

SUNDAY
Py:
Taylor Swift, Neil Young, Lewis Capaldi, Diana Ross, Norah Jones
OS: Elbow, Wolf Alice, AJ Tracey, Blossoms, King Gizzard & TLW, Of Monsters & Men, Lady Leshurr, Yungblud, Kaiser Chiefs
WH: Thom Yorke TMB, Public Service Broadcasting, Amadou et Mariam
JP: Krept & Konan, Glass Animals, Cigarettes After Sex, Angel Olsen, Amine, Kim Petras, Amyl & the Sniffers, The Murder Capital
Pa: Courtney Barnett, Bat for Lashes, Big Thief, Jade Bird

Dya not think Wolf Alice might headline the Other Stage, given that they were supposedly asked to do it this year, played Pilton Party and will have likely released their third album by then?

Dunno if I see Bon Iver subbing the Pyramid - just seems like Other Stage headliner is their obvious slot and can't see why they'd not see that as a better option.

Not sure I see RTJ going from 4th Pyramid to 4th Other, think they'll get a slightly better slot than that.

1 hour ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Dya not think Wolf Alice might headline the Other Stage, given that they were supposedly asked to do it this year, played Pilton Party and will have likely released their third album by then?

Dunno if I see Bon Iver subbing the Pyramid - just seems like Other Stage headliner is their obvious slot and can't see why they'd not see that as a better option.

Not sure I see RTJ going from 4th Pyramid to 4th Other, think they'll get a slightly better slot than that.

Wolf Alice - no. They were offered it in a dry year for Other headliners, I can’t see it being a standing offer.

Bon Iver - people say that about loads of acts. The National was one, Nick Cave another, etc. They could probably do either but sometimes it’s gotta be the Pyramid.

RTJ - good shout, forgot about them being that high. I’d maybe shuffle someone around and have them second/third from top of Other instead.

Metallica secret set? It is the kind of thing they might do, but only if they are local. I have been suggesting a Euro festival summer for them next year with Werchter, MadCool & NosAlive and hopefully headlining IOW. Still think JP would be fantastically rammed for them, but I guess they're no bigger than the Killers

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'm not so sure. Normally the 'reward' for playing Pilton Party is getting a better slot than you might otherwise get

Fair point. Although they were placed one slot below Two Door at Y Not this year (and maybe a couple of other festivals? Could be an anomaly), so with that in mind, 2nd to last on Other could be seen as a small bump. Would be perfect as the sun starts to go down.