2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

Just now, Matt42 said:

I disagree, they aren’t just gonna pack up their summer tour in June. End of June to July is peak of the season.

I reckon there are more dates to be announced including festival appearances.

It’s not a summer tour; it starts in April. They aren’t just gonna carry on the tour because they check the calendar and it’s June so they have to play festivals in all the same places they’ve just played. Good lord!

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’s not a summer tour; it starts in April. They aren’t just gonna carry on the tour because they check the calendar and it’s June so they have to play festivals in all the same places they’ve just played. Good lord!

Can't you just let us have some hope that a beloved band for many of us might be playing this year? :(

14 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah defo. If she was too expensive this year, she’s not going to do it next year now that the world has realised she’s queen shit of fuck mountain.

I was hoping it was more like headlining Latitude on an exclusive was more lucrative than doing both but yeah, I’m starting to think that All Points East is more likely for her.

I also liked how less than three years ago you started a campaign of fear that Kaiser Chiefs would be subbing the Pyramid and in that prediction they’ll on while people are tucking into their breakfast burrito’s.

22 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I was hoping it was more like headlining Latitude on an exclusive was more lucrative than doing both but yeah, I’m starting to think that All Points East is more likely for her.

I also liked how less than three years ago you started a campaign of fear that Kaiser Chiefs would be subbing the Pyramid and in that prediction they’ll on while people are tucking into their breakfast burrito’s.

If she’s touring next summer then there’ll definitely be something more lucrative lined up I’m sure.

I think Kaiser Chiefs will be happy to be involved. Can’t wait to get my Post Malone fear campaign going tho. Was tempted to put him in that prediction in Taylor’s spot.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Nick Cave made an appearance this year and by that logic that puts him straight into the frame to play a prominent (but not headlining slot). Just like how Foals are looking like a front runner to take the massive slot of... subbing the pyramid.

12 minutes ago, Sam Y said:

What slot will Sam Fender get if he's there. I'm thinking high up on OS or maybe headlining John Peel but I'm not 100% sure

Somewhere between 3rd and 5th down on the Other Stage depending on when he got booked (based on the fact hes probably a similar size to sigrid/lewis capaldi)

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Somewhere between 3rd and 5th down on the Other Stage depending on when he got booked (based on the fact hes probably a similar size to sigrid/lewis capaldi)

Errr no.

Lewis Capaldi is way way bigger

edit: wait do you mean now or back then?

EDIT: I don’t think this forum is ready for his third down pyramid slot which gets one of the biggest crowds of the weekend and we have to question whether he’s going to be booked to headline on his second album.

Edited by Matt42

4 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Errr no.

Lewis Capaldi is way way bigger

edit: wait do you mean now or back then?

EDIT: I don’t think this forum is ready for his third down pyramid slot which gets one of the biggest crowds of the weekend and we have to question whether he’s going to be booked to headline on his second album.

Back when I assume he was booked to do 5th down Other this year.

58 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Back when I assume he was booked to do 5th down Other this year.

He was booked sixth down John Peel on the Friday this year, but people were expecting that to be rammed based on how his profile was taking off.

Would expect him to have a much bigger slot this year having now that he has had a number one album and lots more airplay. Thinking third or fourth down Other.

37 minutes ago, Kim Wrong-Un said:

He was booked sixth down John Peel on the Friday this year, but people were expecting that to be rammed based on how his profile was taking off.

Would expect him to have a much bigger slot this year having now that he has had a number one album and lots more airplay. Thinking third or fourth down Other.

OK I wrote what I meant horribly so Im gonna start again. I'm probably way off base but my assumption on what has likely happened is something like this.

I assume Sam Fender was booked pretty much straight away after he cancelled this year on a kind of "i'm too ill to play this year so I'll be back next year to make up for it" basis. At that point he was probably bumped up to low/mid other stage for next year as I agree, JP would have been very busy. However, since then he's taken off even more, probably 3rd/4th down other. I have no idea how flexible the timetable is (obviously slightly flexible as seen in the Billie Eilish move) but I wouldnt be suprised to see him stuck in mid other like Capaldi was this year (he was 5th down when he could have probably been 2nd/3rd that day).

36 minutes ago, Suprefan said:

Can we assume the same for Snow Patrol getting another shot as they had to cancel last minute similar to sam fender? They were later afternoon on Other, so maybe the same slot again or even earlier  In the day on Pyramid?

Slightly different as Sam Fenders album just came out whereas the Snow Patrol album is already over a year old, not sure if they'll still be touring (Especially as some bandmembers have side projects that they may want to focus on). Wouldnt be suprised to see them turn up, but not as nailed as Fender is imo