2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

A decade since they were last on the farm. 

Hardly “always doing fests”.

Okay, maybe I'd just assumed they'd done more but they've done a few and then a lot of tour dates, and it's not like they're bowing out or anything like Elton is. I dig them enough but I think they'd elicit a fairly widespread shrug as an Other headliner.

22 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Okay, maybe I'd just assumed they'd done more but they've done a few and then a lot of tour dates, and it's not like they're bowing out or anything like Elton is. I dig them enough but I think they'd elicit a fairly widespread shrug as an Other headliner.

It’s not a stretch to imagine that there would be a fair amount of crossover between people who want to see Reg and people who want to see PSB.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s not a stretch to imagine that there would be a fair amount of crossover between people who want to see Reg and people who want to see PSB.

I think this would be my biggest clash ever ... not that im too concerned normally , tend to just go with the flow but this one would take a great deal of thought ... so many familiar songs for both 

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I see now. I misinterpreted you point as it being two unmissable titans that folk would be torn up to miss out on. But aye, I can see what you mean, but I still think the decision is fairly easy.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Are they really still big enough to headline the other? 

I've seen them live and they were fantastic, against almost anyone but Elton I'd go see them again. 

It should be mentioned I saw them supporting Take That and Robbie Williams, hence my doubt of them being big enough

5 minutes ago, Heather90 said:

Are they really still big enough to headline the other? 

I've seen them live and they were fantastic, against almost anyone but Elton I'd go see them again. 

It should be mentioned I saw them supporting Take That and Robbie Williams, hence my doubt of them being big enough

They’re still selling out arenas with a greatest hits tour so I’d say they were.

Friday

Pyramid:      The 1975 | Lana Del Rey | HAIM
Other:            Elbow | Bon Iver | Metronomy
John Peel:    Cage the Elephant | Courtney Barnett | White Lies
West Holts:  Santana | Orbital | FKA Twigs
The Park:      Caribou | Cate Le Bon | Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Saturday

Pyramid:      Elton John | Noel Gallagher's HFB | Spice Girls
Other:            Foals | The War on Drugs | Anna Calvi
John Peel:    The Specials | Everything Everything | Belle and Sebastian
West Holts:  Run the Jewels | slowthai | AJ Tracey
The Park:      Thom Yorke | Young Fathers | Kasabian (secret set)

Sunday

Pyramid:      Taylor Swift | Panic! at the Disco | Lorde | Diana Ross
Other:            Nick Cave | Skepta | Wolf Alice
John Peel:    Bombay Bicycle Club | Wilco | Snail Mail
West Holts:   Kano | Noname | black midi
The Park:      The Hives | Fontaines D.C. | Richard Hawley

11 hours ago, David Gray (90+2) said:

Friday

Pyramid:      The 1975 | Lana Del Rey | HAIM
Other:            Elbow | Bon Iver | Metronomy
John Peel:    Cage the Elephant | Courtney Barnett | White Lies
West Holts:  Santana | Orbital | FKA Twigs
The Park:      Caribou | Cate Le Bon | Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott

Saturday

Pyramid:      Elton John | Noel Gallagher's HFB | Spice Girls
Other:            Foals | The War on Drugs | Anna Calvi
John Peel:    The Specials | Everything Everything | Belle and Sebastian
West Holts:  Run the Jewels | slowthai | AJ Tracey
The Park:      Thom Yorke | Young Fathers | Kasabian (secret set)

Sunday

Pyramid:      Taylor Swift | Panic! at the Disco | Lorde | Diana Ross
Other:            Nick Cave | Skepta | Wolf Alice
John Peel:    Bombay Bicycle Club | Wilco | Snail Mail
West Holts:   Kano | Noname | black midi
The Park:      The Hives | Fontaines D.C. | Richard Hawley

Yea, I can deal with this. That Saturday is an awful clash nightmare though, War on drugs/Young Farthers, Elton/RTJ/Thomy Boy 

There's also the Brendon/Taylor connection. Saw an interview with Taylor and it seems like they're pretty close friends at this point. Wonder if Panic! would tour with Taylor next summer? That's a total stab in the dark so I could be way off.

Edited by jparx

1 hour ago, mazola said:

I can't think of a better way to end the festival than The Hives in The Park (and pleasingly upside down from opening the Other Stage on a Friday)

I've always wanted to see a Hives festival set. It's a box that needs some serious ticking, and this would be a big black permanent marker of a tick.

Go easy on me.

FRIDAY

Py: The 1975 / Sam Smith / Wolf Alice / Lewis Capaldi / AJ Tracey / Elvis Costello & The Imposters

O: Pet Shop Boys / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Brockhampton / Portugal. The Man / Alanis Morissette / Slowthai

WH: Santana / Kano / Salt N Pepa /  Lianne La Havas / Caravan Palace / Toots and the Maytals

JP: Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals / IDLES / Grimes / Declan McKenna / No Rome / Princess Nokia

PA: Thom Yorke / The Cribs / Ezra Furman / Kero Kero Bonito / Pip Blom / Frankie Cosmos

SATURDAY

Py: Elton John / Lana Del Rey / 

Dua Lipa / Blossoms / Earth, Wind & Fire / Lilly Allen

O: Royal Blood / Clean Bandit / Giggs / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Of Monsters and Men / Gerry Cinnamon

WH: Run The Jewels / Squeeze / Gregory Porter / Grace Jones / Femi Kuti / Maisha

JP: Supergrass / Courtney Barnett / Everything Everything / Not3s / Jade Bird / The Night Cafe

Pa: Elbow / J Hus / Bat For Lashes / Perfume Genius / Let’s Eat Grandma / Whitney

SUNDAY

Py: Taylor Swift / NGHFB / Missy Elliot / Diana Ross / Haim / The Specials

O: The Prodigy / CHVRCHES / Snow Patrol / Tears For Fears / Manic Street Preachers / Die Antwoord

WH: Solange / BICEP Live / Sampha / Benjamin Clementine / Danny Brown / Rokia Traore

JP: Bombay Bicycle Club / Charli XCX / White Lies / Alvvays / Temples / Black Midi

Pa: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Fontaines D.C. / Thee Oh Sees / The Big Moon / Superorganism / Aldous Harding

9 minutes ago, Mr. Snrub said:
Go easy on me.

FRIDAY

Py: The 1975 / Sam Smith / Wolf Alice / Lewis Capaldi / AJ Tracey / Elvis Costello & The Imposters

O: Pet Shop Boys / Catfish and the Bottlemen / Brockhampton / Portugal. The Man / Alanis Morissette / Slowthai

WH: Santana / Kano / Salt N Pepa /  Lianne La Havas / Caravan Palace / Toots and the Maytals

JP: Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals / IDLES / Grimes / Declan McKenna / No Rome / Princess Nokia

PA: Thom Yorke / The Cribs / Ezra Furman / Kero Kero Bonito / Pip Blom / Frankie Cosmos

SATURDAY

Py: Elton John / Lana Del Rey / 

Dua Lipa / Blossoms / Earth, Wind & Fire / Lilly Allen

O: Royal Blood / Clean Bandit / Giggs / Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes / Of Monsters and Men / Gerry Cinnamon

WH: Run The Jewels / Squeeze / Gregory Porter / Grace Jones / Femi Kuti / Maisha

JP: Supergrass / Courtney Barnett / Everything Everything / Not3s / Jade Bird / The Night Cafe

Pa: Elbow / J Hus / Bat For Lashes / Perfume Genius / Let’s Eat Grandma / Whitney

SUNDAY

Py: Taylor Swift / NGHFB / Missy Elliot / Diana Ross / Haim / The Specials

O: The Prodigy / CHVRCHES / Snow Patrol / Tears For Fears / Manic Street Preachers / Die Antwoord

WH: Solange / BICEP Live / Sampha / Benjamin Clementine / Danny Brown / Rokia Traore

JP: Bombay Bicycle Club / Charli XCX / White Lies / Alvvays / Temples / Black Midi

Pa: King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard / Fontaines D.C. / Thee Oh Sees / The Big Moon / Superorganism / Aldous Harding

That Sunday Park lineup would be incredible. Friday at WH too. I like.