2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

6 minutes ago, CJTM said:

I know the edge lords will say this isn't an addition blah blah blah, but I think Muse are nailed on for a secret set being festival favourites over the years… maybe Coldplay as well, but I just have a feeling on Muse

Muse would be incredible - Thoughts on Arctic Monkeys being a possible secret gig?

Very indifferent about coldplay, if you like them fine, i expect they put on a top show but doesn't excite me 

3 minutes ago, drunk pumpkin said:

I just hope they make more of the Thursday. With all of the ‘festival favourites ‘ rumoured to want to appear it would be great if we had more on..

I’m pretty sure the  licence  won’t allow for it but we can only hope

I can't remember who it was but I'm sure I saw a post on here fairly recently where someone said they'd heard that for 2020 they had gotten permission to start music on the stages at 6pm on the Thursday?

52 minutes ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Successful for the second time on the trot so it is back to the predictions ahead of announcements this, next month and the next year announcements. I am bad at these but I have took Inspiration off other posters and this was what I am thinking. We cant avoid Coldplay and despite them not being peoples taste, it would be a good start to Pyramid proceedings, they wouldn't be that expensive with the relationship they have with the festival and the general audience will love them and so will the BBC for views. 'Rock slot' I think will be a loose term and I can see Wolf Alice playing it.

Macca I feel will play now. Not many front runners at the moment and he has spoken of it a few times, his daughter wanted him to play and if he pulled out he owes it to put on a show at the 50th.

Taylor is a shoe in. The gaps big enough to play despite being wedged with Scandinavian dates. Nick has to play the 50th and what a delight Taylor > Nick Cave would be. Has to be pyramid and would be a Sunday pleaser. Make that happen.

COLDPLAY // Lana Del Rey // Wolf Alice

PAUL MCCARTNEY // Noel Gallagher and the High Flying Birds // Missy Elliot

TAYLOR SWIFT // Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds // Dua Lipa 

Neil has said its definetly not McCartney

Just now, Chrisp1986 said:

OK now I am excited, is Taylor the only nailed on at the moment?

Well, I wouldn’t go as far to say nailed on, but she makes the most sense of anyone right now. Again, it’s mostly educated guesses at this stage but a headline tour of festivals for the first time, no UK date yet announced, being friends with Ed and Stella, Glastonbury being the premier festival in Europe etc...signs do point to her currently.

okie dokie

FRI
Py: Foals, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Haim, AJ Tracey, Laura Marling
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Paolo Nutini, Blossoms, Zara Larsson, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
WH: Thom Yorke, Bicep LIVE, Femi Kuti, Sinkane
JP: Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Aitch
Pa: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Ride, Sleater Kinney

SAT
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Elbow, Spice Girls, Tyler the Creator, Randy Newman, Lianne La Havas
OS: Massive Attack, Wolf Alice, Kano, Grimes, Metronomy
WH: Run the Jewels, Mahalia, Salt-N-Pepa, Toots & the Maytals
JP: Bombay Bicycle Club, Pusha T, Angel Olsen
Pa: M.I.A, Bat For Lashes, Big Thief

SUN
Py: Taylor Swift, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Dua Lipa, The Kinks, Sam Fender, Joan Armatrading
OS: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, J Hus, Supergrass, Rex Orange County, Mabel
WH: The Isley Brothers, Sampha, Danny Brown, Brittany Howard
JP: FKA Twigs, Glass Animals, Cage the Elephant
Pa: King Krule, Bat For Lashes, Weyes Blood

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

okie dokie

FRI
Py: Foals, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Haim, AJ Tracey, Laura Marling
OS: Pet Shop Boys, Paolo Nutini, Blossoms, Zara Larsson, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes
WH: Thom Yorke, Bicep LIVE, Femi Kuti, Sinkane
JP: Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Aitch
Pa: The Jesus & Mary Chain, Ride, Sleater Kinney

SAT
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Elbow, Spice Girls, Tyler the Creator, Randy Newman, Lianne La Havas
OS: Massive Attack, Wolf Alice, Kano, Grimes, Metronomy
WH: Run the Jewels, Mahalia, Salt-N-Pepa, Toots & the Maytals
JP: Bombay Bicycle Club, Pusha T, Angel Olsen
Pa: M.I.A, Bat For Lashes, Big Thief

SUN
Py: Taylor Swift, Nick Cave & the Bad Seeds, Dua Lipa, The Kinks, Sam Fender, Joan Armatrading
OS: Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, J Hus, Supergrass, Rex Orange County, Mabel
WH: The Isley Brothers, Sampha, Danny Brown, Brittany Howard
JP: FKA Twigs, Glass Animals, Cage the Elephant
Pa: King Krule, Bat For Lashes, Weyes Blood

That Charli / Bicep clash is brutal. Not sure Kano or Mahalia are that big (Not sure Mahalia's album has given her that much of a bumb and she was early doors JP this year, I'd have her down for 4th/5th down WH)

25 minutes ago, CJTM said:

New album imminent, just signed with Universal and on Primary Talent, I am pretty sure Twin Atlantic will return next year - what slot do you think they would get? JP sub? low down Pyramid/Other?

I'd say low down Other or secret set at William's Green on Thursday night

Just spitballing here, and probably over thinking it, but I'm wondering if the Sunday might be a bit bigger in terms of acts. It's locals day and could be seen as something of a treat and a "thank you for allowing this for 50 years" to give them a day of big acts on the Pyramid.

Something even like Elbow > D. Ross > Kinks > Noel G > Taylor S.

I know there's a lot wrong there, Elbow too low (but hey, friends of the festival) and Noel may not like subbing Taylor, but this is just an example of what may be possible.

It's a shame Taylor can only do Sunday as that night would be perfect for Reginald Dwight.

Let's give this a go then.

FRI
:  THE 1975, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Missy Elliott, Lewis Capaldi, Fontaines D.C., Kate Tempest, Fatboy Slim
O:  PET SHOP BOYS, Ellie Goulding, Supergrass, Idles, Slowthai, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Brittany Howard, Skunk Anansie, Keane
JP: BICEP, Editors, Sampha, Mabel, Greta Van Fleet, The Subways, Declan McKenna, Marika Hackman, The Regrettes, Miraa May
WH: THOM YORKE, Chaka Khan, Anderson. Paak & The Free Nationals
PA: CRYSTAL FIGHTERS, Big Thief, Shakespears Sister, Hayden Thorpe, Camp Cope, Everyone You Know

SAT
:  FLEETWOOD MAC, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Mariah Carey, George Benson, Kano, Randy Newman, Charli XCX, The Nearer the Fountain More Pure The Stream Flows
O:  WOLF ALICE, Bombay Bicycle Club, Weezer, AJ Tracey, Sam Fender, Mystery Jets, The Big Moon, Sleeper, Self Esteem
JP: FKA TWIGS, Aitch, Lianne La Havas, Danny Brown, Tegan and Sara, Alvvays, The Murder Capital, No Rome, The Beths, Ider
WH: BROCKHAMPTON, Leon Bridges, Femi Kuti
PA: ROBYN, Glass Animals, Bat For Lashes, Muna, Colter Wall, Snail Mail, Nilufer Yanya

SUN
TAYLOR SWIFT, Bon Iver, Dua Lipa, Diana Ross, Beach Boys, Lighthouse Family, Freya Ridings, Craig Charles' Funk & Soul Club
O:  ELBOW, Haim, Snow Patrol, J Hus, Clairo, Ezra Furman, Georgia, Let's Eat Grandma, Black Midi
JP: BLOSSOMS, Cage The Elephant, Future Islands, Angel Olsen, Pusha T, Earthgang, Becky Hill, Sports Team, Life, Queen Zee
WH: MURA MASA, Grace Jones, Wizkid, Salt-N-Peppa, Sampa The Great
PA: SPARKS, Aldous Harding, Phoebe Bridgers, Princess Nokia, Middle Kids, HMLTD, Zuzu

FRIDAY 

PY: The Eagles / Noel G / Taylor Swift

OT: Bon Iver / Supergrass / Sam Fender

WH: Logic / Leon Bridges / AJ Tracey

SATURDAY 

PY: Fleetwood Mac / Lana del Ray / Missy Elliot

OT: 1975 / Paolo Nutini / J Hus

WH: Prophets of Rage / Brittany Howard / Danny Brown

SUNDAY

PY: Madonna / Pet Shop Boys / Dua Lipa / Diana Ross

OT: Prodigy / Weezer / Kano

WH:Thom Yorke / The Roots / Raleigh Ritchie 

Can also picture Chris Martin and his merry men opening Pyramid on the Friday.