2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

1 hour ago, henry bear said:

Really don’t see Foals headlining the 50th Glasto. Fleetwood Mac looking less likely now too. And whilst PSB look nailed on, I’d be surprised if they do that slot. Otherwise all very possible (although I’ll believe it when I see Iggy on the farm again!). ?

Not sure why FM look less likely but agree will all of it, PSB I imagine are setup for an Other stage headline slot, perfect slot for it and probably cost too much for WHs. 

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

Not sure why FM look less likely but agree will all of it, PSB I imagine are setup for an Other stage headline slot, perfect slot for it and probably cost too much for WHs. 

Neil Finn, now a full member of FM, is resurrecting Crowded House next year. Doesn’t rule them out, but makes it less likely. No sign of any other FM activity next year.

7 hours ago, henry bear said:

Neil Finn, now a full member of FM, is resurrecting Crowded House next year. Doesn’t rule them out, but makes it less likely. No sign of any other FM activity next year.

I think with FM if they had already agreed to play (which the signs seemed to point to a few months ago) then it won't matter if they're touring or not, or what CH are doing. 

If it's not yet agreed and is relying on them being on tour and the dates coinciding then it seems a lot more unlikely. 

However, I remain somewhat optimistic about it being the former!

8 hours ago, henry bear said:

I could see them just popping up for the gig, I imagine they could do the gig with little reversal prep and it's not like they've had a huge gap out. Crowded House could also be a band on the line-up haha.

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

They're hardly gonna be playing the evening on a main stage at Glastonbury by June. Squid might not even have an album out.

I can see Squid sticking to Bill's Green a little higher up and Black Midi playing a bit further up John Peel or the Park. I'm not really asking for the world. Let's get Black Country, New Road being the band I annoyingly miss at 11am this year and have to gamble seeing at the Crows Nest.

32 minutes ago, maelzoid said:

Elbow have done 6 Glastonbury's since '02. I think they're great, but I'm not rushing to catch them again... I think they've still got the popularity to sub the Pyramid, but they've already done that slot twice. And are they even touring next summer?

They have an album out in a few weeks so I would think so.

49 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

They're probably smaller than most recent subs now but given that they're friends of the festival and have played that slot before it just seems a very obvious booking. I could maybe see them playing them 3rd down at a push but I don't see them playing anywhere other than the Pyramid.

I'd agree they are more likely to sub the pyramid than anything else, but I think Guy Garvey would just be happy to be a part of the 50th anniversary, in whatever capacity. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as Other stage opener to get the anniversary underway. 

7 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

They're probably smaller than most recent subs now but given that they're friends of the festival and have played that slot before it just seems a very obvious booking. I could maybe see them playing them 3rd down at a push but I don't see them playing anywhere other than the Pyramid.

3rd down yes but sub, no need to waste a spot that high on a band very much on the down now.

6 hours ago, PDAD said:

I'd agree they are more likely to sub the pyramid than anything else, but I think Guy Garvey would just be happy to be a part of the 50th anniversary, in whatever capacity. I wouldn't be surprised to see them as Other stage opener to get the anniversary underway. 

Waste of a slot

On 9/17/2019 at 8:53 AM, thewayiam said:

I could see them just popping up for the gig, I imagine they could do the gig with little reversal prep and it's not like they've had a huge gap out. Crowded House could also be a band on the line-up haha.

Disagree with this, FM rarely do one off dates. They have an entire machine around them when they tour, they won’t fire it back up for one gig.

I need to see some dates for next year before I consider them a serious contender.

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Disagree with this, FM rarely do one off dates. They have an entire machine around them when they tour, they won’t fire it back up for one gig.

I need to see some dates for next year before I consider them a serious contender.

Well yes dates do need to be seen, without it's just hearsay. I think the only act really we have that looks likely is Taylor at the minute, there is nothing to place anyone else there. I may be wrong but my hunch is that one of them won't be The 1975/Foals for different reasons. While I think Arctics are likely, without an album or dates I can't predict them really anymore than others.

FRI
Py
: Foals, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Haim, AJ Tracey, Laura Marling
OS: Disclosure, Bombay Bicycle Club, Glass Animals, Mabel, Frank Carter ATR, Gerry Cinnamon
WH: The Isley Brothers, Sampha, Amadou et Mariam, Danny Brown, Sampa the Great
JP: FKA Twigs, Aitch, Headie One, Alvvays
Pa: Primal Scream, Ride, Sleater Kinney, Whitney

SAT
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Elbow, Missy Elliott, Paolo Nutini, Randy Newman, Lianne La Havas
OS: Frank Ocean, J Hus, Supergrass, Rex Orange County, Metronomy, Of Monsters & Men
WH: Orbital, Khruangbin, Bicep LIVE, Brittany Howard, Sinkane
JP: Limp Bizkit, Everything Everything, Future Islands, Angel Olsen
Pa: M.I.A, Courtney Barnett, Ezra Furman, Jpegmafia

SUN
Py: Taylor Swift, Pet Shop Boys, Dua Lipa, The Kinks, Sam Fender, Joan Armatrading
OS: Noel Gallagher's HFB, Wolf Alice, Kano, Grimes, Die Antwoord, Ghost
WH: Run the Jewels, Mahalia, Femi Kuti, Toots & the Maytals, Rapsody
JP: Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Cage the Elephant, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: King Gizzard ATLW, Bat For Lashes, Big Thief, The Big Moon

Frank Ocean isn't gonna headline the Other stage mate

11 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

FRI
Py
: Foals, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Haim, AJ Tracey, Laura Marling
OS: Disclosure, Bombay Bicycle Club, Glass Animals, Mabel, Frank Carter ATR, Gerry Cinnamon
WH: The Isley Brothers, Sampha, Amadou et Mariam, Danny Brown, Sampa the Great
JP: FKA Twigs, Aitch, Headie One, Alvvays
Pa: Primal Scream, Ride, Sleater Kinney, Whitney

SAT
Py: Fleetwood Mac, Elbow, Missy Elliott, Paolo Nutini, Randy Newman, Lianne La Havas
OS: Frank Ocean, J Hus, Supergrass, Rex Orange County, Metronomy, Of Monsters & Men
WH: Orbital, Khruangbin, Bicep LIVE, Brittany Howard, Sinkane
JP: Limp Bizkit, Everything Everything, Future Islands, Angel Olsen
Pa: M.I.A, Courtney Barnett, Ezra Furman, Jpegmafia

SUN
Py: Taylor Swift, Pet Shop Boys, Dua Lipa, The Kinks, Sam Fender, Joan Armatrading
OS: Noel Gallagher's HFB, Wolf Alice, Kano, Grimes, Die Antwoord, Ghost
WH: Run the Jewels, Mahalia, Femi Kuti, Toots & the Maytals, Rapsody
JP: Mura Masa, Charli xcx, Cage the Elephant, Car Seat Headrest
Pa: King Gizzard ATLW, Bat For Lashes, Big Thief, The Big Moon

Edited by Guy Incognito

1 minute ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Threw it in as a bit of a curveball, but why do you think there's no chance?

im a huge frank ocean fan seen him loads. I just think he doesnt fit in glastonbury slots. hes a sensational artist with an incredible catalogue of music. In terms of talent hes headline type of act, just not a headline glastonbury type of act. hes also way to good to be on a smaller stage. Hes a modern day great and I just dont think hed play a WH / Other / JP headline slot. 

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

I considered putting Noel as an Other stage headliner in mine but if he plays I think he'll be on the Pyramid, I don't think he'll want to play what is probably deemed a slightly lesser slot than what Liam had. I'd be pretty happy with that lineup though.

Depends who the headliners are. I doubt he would moan too much about subbing FM, but might not fancy playing under the 1975 or Swift.