2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

Friday:

Pyramid: The 1975 / Dua Lipa / Tool / HAIM / Kacey Musgraves

Other: The Prodigy / Travis Scott / Of Monsters & Men / Little Simz / Sam Fender

West Holts: FKA Twigs / BROCKHAMPTON / Ezra Collective / Megan Thee Stallion

John Peel: Charli xcx / The Vaccines / The Horrors / Daughter / Ava Max

Park: Bat For Lashes / Ezra Furman / Alvvays / The National (secret set)

Saturday:

Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / Noel Gallagher’s HFB / Billie Eilish / Missy Elliott / The Wombats

Other: Bon Iver / Wolf Alice / Supergrass / Savages / Normani /

West Holts: Orbital / Sampha / Khruangbin / Rico Nasty

John Peel: Bombay Bicycle Club / You Me At Six / Big Thief / Joji / King Princess

Park: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard / Angel Olsen / Perfume Genius / Stealing Sheep

Sunday:

Pyramid: Elton John / Lana Del Rey / BTS / Spice Girls / Lil Nas X

Other: Slipknot / Mark Ronson / Lykke Li / IDLES / Courtney Barnett

West Holts: Run The Jewels / Death Grips / Brittany Howard / Clairo

John Peel: Snow Patrol / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Sky Ferreira / Sleaford Mods / Nao

Park: Sleater Kinney / Whitney / Tierra Whack / Yeasayer

4 minutes ago, priest17 said:

When RB put out another boring album now we're all over the "its just a bassist and drummer?!" can we stop giving them such high spots on line-ups.

Apart from the cheesey lyrics I actually really enjoy both albums. 

Very interested to see if the third is just more of the same though. 

3 minutes ago, vulnicuras said:

Friday:

Other: The Prodigy / Travis Scott / Of Monsters & Men / Little Simz / Sam Fender

Saturday:

Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac / Noel Gallagher’s HFB / Billie Eilish / Missy Elliott / The Wombats

John Peel: Bombay Bicycle Club / You Me At Six / Big Thief / Joji / King Princess

Park: King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard / Angel Olsen / Perfume Genius / Stealing Sheep

Sunday:

John Peel: Snow Patrol / Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes / Sky Ferreira / Sleaford Mods / Nao

From a purely personal perspective that Friday is whack (except for the National, obvs)

4 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Apart from the cheesey lyrics I actually really enjoy both albums. 

Very interested to see if the third is just more of the same though. 

8 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I quite enjoy RB but agree that they’ve gone as far as they can with their current sound and setup.

If they can look at what Drenge has done and go with something like that they deserve to stay up there. Add a new element or 2 in a way that bolsters the old songs as well as gives you a bit of creative freedom for new stuff and I'll happily retract my cynical comments and they can headline the damn thing.

Can't see it though, don't think they'll Figure It Out.

34 minutes ago, vulnicuras said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

That Sunday would be absolutely killer, would want to watch every headliner. Reckon Wolf Alice will headline a stage though (that isn't Pyramid obvs). 

28 minutes ago, priest17 said:

If they can look at what Drenge has done and go with something like that they deserve to stay up there. Add a new element or 2 in a way that bolsters the old songs as well as gives you a bit of creative freedom for new stuff and I'll happily retract my cynical comments and they can headline the damn thing.

Barely anyone listens to Drenge nowadays though.

Strongly disagree anyway. The fact that it is just two of them is one of the main things about them. Add technology, not personnel.

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Barely anyone listens to Drenge nowadays though.

Strongly disagree anyway. The fact that it is just two of them is one of the main things about them. Add technology, not personnel.

Nobody used to listen to Drenge, I wasn't comparing them on a popularity level. I saw them (Drenge) at the Rtiz earlier in the year though and was taken aback how fresh it all sounded they've taken positive steps forward and its elevated the old stuff. That's all I meant bringing them up.

And I very carefully said elements not people, because I don't know what they need to add and I think you're right about their brand. Should buy himself a loop pedal or one of those floor pianos from Big (guess he'd need a Britney mic for that which would be even better)

End of the day they're an arena band and I'm a loser on the internet so it doesn't really matter what I say, it would be cool to see them again though with something fresh between the old songs I know rather than more stale attempts to recreate them.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Nobody used to listen to Drenge, I wasn't comparing them on a popularity level. I saw them (Drenge) at the Rtiz earlier in the year though and was taken aback how fresh it all sounded they've taken positive steps forward and its elevated the old stuff. That's all I meant bringing them up.

And I very carefully said elements not people, because I don't know what they need to add and I think you're right about their brand. Should buy himself a loop pedal or one of those floor pianos from Big (guess he'd need a Britney mic for that which would be even better)

End of the day they're an arena band and I'm a loser on the internet so it doesn't really matter what I say, it would be cool to see them again though with something fresh between the old songs I know rather than more stale attempts to recreate them.

More people used to listen to Drenge than they do now, I’m sure. But I was just teasin’.

I listened to a couple of new RB songs a month ago or so out of curiosity and there was a loop pedal and a keyboard involved. Sadly no floor keyboard or playing the keys with the headstock like Jesse Keeler but it does seem to mark a change.

To be honest, I don’t feel like them coming back with something different would do much anyway. Their music being one-dimensional and samey was a problem from the start but nobody cared when they were a hype band on the rise - its the hype having worn thin that’s the problem.

17 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

More people used to listen to Drenge than they do now, I’m sure. But I was just teasin’.

I listened to a couple of new RB songs a month ago or so out of curiosity and there was a loop pedal and a keyboard involved. Sadly no floor keyboard or playing the keys with the headstock like Jesse Keeler but it does seem to mark a change.

To be honest, I don’t feel like them coming back with something different would do much anyway. Their music being one-dimensional and samey was a problem from the start but nobody cared when they were a hype band on the rise - its the hype having worn thin that’s the problem.

I've got no idea with Drenge, they seem to have pretty steadily risen through the venues though.

Well I'm just out of the loop then (unlike new RB songs). 

Yeah we've kind of strayed away from my original point which was they're probably just gonna carry on being the 2 of them making samey music, can we not have them occupy the bid slots on the big stages. Upon reflection though, that's pretty much what the big slots on the big stages are for, rendering my morning of foruming slightly more pointless than usual.

2 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I've got no idea with Drenge, they seem to have pretty steadily risen through the venues though.

Well I'm just out of the loop then (unlike new RB songs). 

Yeah we've kind of strayed away from my original point which was they're probably just gonna carry on being the 2 of them making samey music, can we not have them occupy the bid slots on the big stages. Upon reflection though, that's pretty much what the big slots on the big stages are for, rendering my morning of foruming slightly more pointless than usual.

Ngl their secret set at Leeds was packed. 

3 hours ago, vulnicuras said:

Friday:

Saturday:

Sunday:

I'd take that with the knowledge of knowing Slipknot won't headline the Other stage.

1 hour ago, whateverworksout said:

Do we think slipknot could play SOMEWHERE though? new album, just announced an arena tour? Never played before (I assume?) they’d definitely pull a decent crowd where ever they’d be! I’d be up for it 

I'm not really predicting it, but I reckon Corey would be well up for the idea of doing Glasto, even if it means taking a lower slot then usual. They're supporting Metallica in Aus so they aren't insistent on headlining everything

3 hours ago, whateverworksout said:

Do we think slipknot could play SOMEWHERE though? new album, just announced an arena tour? Never played before (I assume?) they’d definitely pull a decent crowd where ever they’d be! I’d be up for it 

If slipknot play Glastonbury and not Reading next year I'll eat several fists of maggots whilst pushing my fingers into my eyes.

Edited by Radi0Head
  • Upvote 1

So whats the craic with The Kinks. Surely if they are making some new music then they must be near nailed on for Glasto. 

Legends slot seems most appropriate and all ties up for the fiftieth. Friends of the festival, first headliners (even though they didnt play in the end), have an area named after one of their songs. Would go down pretty great on a Sunday afternoon, especially the song about lazing on sunny afternoon (hopefully). 

Id imagine for a full band its pretty much either headline or legends?

Edited by chatty