2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

6 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I had Royal Blood down as a Sunday sub before Elton John (in my mind)

They seem a good fit for that slot.

Quite possibly - I think if (a big if) two of the headliners are Fleetwood Mac and Elton John, whoever headlines the Other is going to need to self belief/confidence they'll pull a crowd. If that makes sense?

Edited by vintagelaureate

9 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

Quite possibly - I think if (a big if) two of the headliners are Fleetwood Mac and Elton John, whoever headlines the Other is going to need to self belief/confidence they'll pull a crowd. If that makes sense?

I was thinking skepta against Fleetwood would work well. No idea who should go up against Elton. Surely Disclosure are worth a return?

1975 against Massive Attack

Edited by Matt42

18 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

I was thinking skepta against Fleetwood would work well. No idea who should go up against Elton. Surely Disclosure are worth a return?

1975 against Massive Attack

My friend is raving off Swedish House Mafia after Creamfields yesterday. 

I went with Metallica as Other Stage headlines against Elton. There's a split! ?

35 minutes ago, vintagelaureate said:

My friend is raving off Swedish House Mafia after Creamfields yesterday. 

I went with Metallica as Other Stage headlines against Elton. There's a split! ?

SHM are all about the money, no chance they'll do Glasto. I have Black Keys on opposite Elton, with Elbow subbing him.

No way are Metallica doing the Other stage. They're still packing stadiums in this country so they headline the Pyramid or nothing, so I think that rules them out for the foreseeable.

"Yeah but they nearly headlined it in '14...."

But they didn't actually do that, did they? They headlined the pyramid!

"Yeah, but Lars loves the festival..."

Then he'll come as a punter and have a great weekend.

1 hour ago, maelzoid said:

No way are Metallica doing the Other stage. They're still packing stadiums in this country so they headline the Pyramid or nothing, so I think that rules them out for the foreseeable.

"Yeah but they nearly headlined it in '14...."

But they didn't actually do that, did they? They headlined the pyramid!

"Yeah, but Lars loves the festival..."

Then he'll come as a punter and have a great weekend.

Metallica had accepted to headline the Other Stage in '14 though but were moved due to Prince's unwillingness to commit to play I seem to recall.

That being said, I don't think I can see them being billed as anything other than Pyramid headliner though because of the fact they have done it previously now. I can see them popping in for a surprise set somewhere though.

6 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’s hypothetically possible that an act such as Metallica accept a lower than usual slot, such as Other headliner, on the proviso that the festival makes a bit of a fuss over how great they are for accepting it for the 50th...

Can’t see it though.

Given how much Lars Ulrich has fallen for the festival, it's possible they could play the opening of a long drop at this point.

5 hours ago, kalifire said:

Given how much Lars Ulrich has fallen for the festival, it's possible they could play the opening of a long drop at this point.

I'm sure it was someone mentioned somewhere on here that they'd heard/read Lars had said he/they were playing 2020. I can't find where though..  

15 hours ago, jj200 said:

The 1975

AM

Coldplay

Other stage

Wolf Alice

Royal blood

Disclosure

Jon peel stage

Churches

Bastille

Kasier cheifs

West holts stage

Jake Bugg

Fatboy slim

Secret set

I don't believe Chvrches are touring next year, also can't fathom Jake Bugg headlining any stage let alone West Holts! Would also swap round Royal Blood & Disclosure as AM & RB have quite a similar fan base as well as the same management so can't see them clashing against each other.