2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

19 hours ago, Big durbs said:

Of course, another band “due” a reformation are oasis , I know Michael has been trying, he even said he would forgo the fallow year in 2018 if I was going to happen 

Oasis would be s**t but if it means cancelling the next fallow year I am all aboard the reunion train...................................................

2 hours ago, Quark said:

If he actually stuck to his guns then maybe. But Download is way more corporate and bourgeois (to use his word) than Glastonbury. I mean, yurts are one thing, but Download has its own hotel. And lots of advertising. And other nonsense. And they didn't have any issue playing there.

I love Maiden, but on that front he's a bit of a bellend.

EDIT: Here we go, these were the options for Download 2019. Could have sworn they were advertising an on site hotel when I went in '16, but maybe not. Reckon the point still stands when you can get a luxury yurt in the Metal Meadow though :lol:

https://downloadfestival.co.uk/news-features/new-rip-accommodation/

Yeah agreed, I think its the BBC coverage side he's probably seen and is averse to as its usually so vanilla - and I think you'd struggle to find any major festival (in the UK at least) that doesn't have some sort of 'luxury' option these days tbh.

I think he needs to suck it up and have a word with ME, would be an epic set im sure.

Lewis is pulling the big crowds though.

his music is a complete non event to me but I’m not going to be naive and say he’d get a low slot in 2020. If he’s playing it will be on the upper end of the pyramid schedule.

Edited by Matt42

52 minutes ago, Quark said:

I can never tell if they're not that big, or if I just completely missed / don't get them. But I'd be pretty underwhelmed by them as a headliner in as much as my opinion makes any difference to anyone :lol:

I do find that their size tends to fluctuate a bit. They are big enough to headline mid sized events and festivals but not big enough to sub the pyramid (for example).

They have a lot of fans and sell a lot of tickets though. I need to hear another album from them personally.

4 hours ago, The Martini Police said:

Well, now that 2019's festival has come and gone, there's no doubt remaining that it meant 2020 and given the source was accurate, surely he deserves at least a SR!

just on the basis of the period of time between those words and next year's festival I don't think it can be taken with any certainty. 

It does deserve including tho - and it's only just been added because i'd forgotten about it when I did others.