2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

23 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Pyramid: 

The 1975 / The Kinks / Supergrass / AJ Tracey / Kacey Musgraves

Fleetwood Mac / Lorde / Wolf Alice / Loyle Carner

Elton John / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / Dua Lipa / Spice Girls / Sam Fender

Other

Slipknot / Blossoms 

Skepta / Tyler the Creator

Disclosure / Bombay Bicycle Club

Thats vaguely what I had in mind. BLACKPINK on west holts, Churches headlining JP, Greta Van Fleet headlining JP too probs.

Love to see more people hopping on board the Slipknot for Other train. Walking on to People = Shit would be the moment of the weekend.

Lorde in to Fleetwood would be ace.

Edited in line with some comments (lower supergrass) - also I removed Slipknot (sorry @jparx )

Also tried to go in line with what theming we’ve seen for the 50th already  (which is the gold, black and white colours). Text was annoying though.

If anyone is wondering Foals are headlining other up against Elton. Massive Attack against 1975. Skepta against Fleetwood.

171410B3-EA89-4D59-92AB-8D0133620101.jpeg

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Big durbs said:

Of course, another band “due” a reformation are oasis , I know Michael has been trying, he even said he would forgo the fallow year in 2018 if I was going to happen 

An Oasis reunion is far off. I wouldn’t get your hopes up friend

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Edited in line with some comments (lower supergrass) - also I removed Slipknot (sorry @jparx )

Also tried to go in line with what theming we’ve seen for the 50th already  (which is the gold, black and white colours). Text was annoying though.

If anyone is wondering Foals are headlining other up against Elton. Massive Attack against 1975. Skepta against Fleetwood.

liking the gold theme ... ive just been talking to someone about a gold theme for the free  press next year .. and my pyramid stage is getting a gold makeover too :) 

3 hours ago, Big durbs said:

i spoke to Micheal last year , he said they got very close , and then smiled , i was hoping for an apearance at pilton party or maybe glasto this year

Given that they openly loathe each other I wouldn’t hope too hard. I used to think they put a lot of it on for the media but it’s gotten properly nasty over the last few months, getting their families involved nasty.

17 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Lewis capidi played this year so I don't think he will play next year 

13 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

No. So why else would he do a 300 date tour? I think he knows he's going to wander off this mortal coil soon and he's doing a ridiculously long tour so he dies in the middle of it and everyone remembers him for dying doing what he loved or something.

That’s erm... wow. I mean that’s quite a hot take.

19 minutes ago, sprocketrocket said:

No. So why else would he do a 300 date tour? I think he knows he's going to wander off this mortal coil soon and he's doing a ridiculously long tour so he dies in the middle of it and everyone remembers him for dying doing what he loved or something.

haha you might be right! I wonder what odds you'd be able to get on that?

all in for Slipknot. was about to ask about Iron Maiden but a quick google came back with;

Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson has vowed never to bring his band to Glastonbury Festival after dismissing it as “the most bourgeois thing on the planet”.

The heavy metal group’s frontman will not be following Metallica to a headline slot anytime soon because in Dickinson’s eyes, the Worthy Farm music extravaganza has become too mainstream.

“Personally I have no interest in going to Glastonbury,” he told the Daily Star. “In the days when Glasto was an alternative festival it was quite interesting, but anywhere Gwyneth Paltrow goes and you can live in an air-conditioned yurt is not for me.”

1 minute ago, grilladelphia said:

all in for Slipknot. was about to ask about Iron Maiden but a quick google came back with;

Iron Maiden’s Bruce Dickinson has vowed never to bring his band to Glastonbury Festival after dismissing it as “the most bourgeois thing on the planet”.

The heavy metal group’s frontman will not be following Metallica to a headline slot anytime soon because in Dickinson’s eyes, the Worthy Farm music extravaganza has become too mainstream.

“Personally I have no interest in going to Glastonbury,” he told the Daily Star. “In the days when Glasto was an alternative festival it was quite interesting, but anywhere Gwyneth Paltrow goes and you can live in an air-conditioned yurt is not for me.”

Christ don't bring that up again.  You'll set everyone foaming at the mouth...

15 minutes ago, grilladelphia said:

my bad! harsh but fair comments from brucey though? would still love to see them there (from the comfort of an air-conditioned yurt)

If he actually stuck to his guns then maybe. But Download is way more corporate and bourgeois (to use his word) than Glastonbury. I mean, yurts are one thing, but Download has its own hotel. And lots of advertising. And other nonsense. And they didn't have any issue playing there.

I love Maiden, but on that front he's a bit of a bellend.

EDIT: Here we go, these were the options for Download 2019. Could have sworn they were advertising an on site hotel when I went in '16, but maybe not. Reckon the point still stands when you can get a luxury yurt in the Metal Meadow though :lol:

https://downloadfestival.co.uk/news-features/new-rip-accommodation/

Edited by Quark

1 hour ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Could see him being offered a mid afternoon slot on the Pyramid, he'll still be touring at that point and his Other set was absolutely rammo this year

1 hour ago, jj200 said:

Lewis capidi played this year so I don't think he will play next year 

I got him for Third down Pyramid Fleetwood Mac day

Fleetwood Mac / Lorde / Lewis Capaldi / Wolf Alice