2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

Right trying that again 

- I am not a graphic designer. I am not trying to pass this off as a leak this is an incredibly amateur attempt - but something to do on a day where I’m house sitting and out in the sun.

- still will probably be picked up by Somerset live despite the fact that I’ve put some bands too low and probably included too many dance acts. It’s more of an ambitious lineup attempt than a realistic one. I hate doing stage breakdowns and a poster is much easier.

Enjoy and please rip it to shreds.

308327B6-39A0-4C45-B95C-95D132F16DFB.jpeg

1 hour ago, Matt42 said:

Right trying that again 

- I am not a graphic designer. I am not trying to pass this off as a leak this is an incredibly amateur attempt - but something to do on a day where I’m house sitting and out in the sun.

- still will probably be picked up by Somerset live despite the fact that I’ve put some bands too low and probably included too many dance acts. It’s more of an ambitious lineup attempt than a realistic one. I hate doing stage breakdowns and a poster is much easier.

Enjoy and please rip it to shreds.

308327B6-39A0-4C45-B95C-95D132F16DFB.jpeg

you definitely have the bottom 2 lines spot on :) 

6 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Can't begin to imagine how you've fit all of those in but I'll take it.

Pyramid: 

The 1975 / The Kinks / Supergrass / AJ Tracey / Kacey Musgraves

Fleetwood Mac / Lorde / Wolf Alice / Loyle Carner

Elton John / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / Dua Lipa / Spice Girls / Sam Fender

Other

Slipknot / Blossoms 

Skepta / Tyler the Creator

Disclosure / Bombay Bicycle Club

Thats vaguely what I had in mind. BLACKPINK on west holts, Churches headlining JP, Greta Van Fleet headlining JP too probs.

2 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Pyramid: 

The 1975 / The Kinks / Supergrass / AJ Tracey / Kacey Musgraves

Fleetwood Mac / Lorde / Wolf Alice / Loyle Carner

Elton John / Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds / Dua Lipa / Spice Girls / Sam Fender

Other

Slipknot / Blossoms 

Skepta / Tyler the Creator

Disclosure / Bombay Bicycle Club

Thats vaguely what I had in mind. BLACKPINK on west holts, Churches headlining JP, Greta Van Fleet headlining JP too probs.

Thanks I hate it

18 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For the record I like Supergrass and an hour of them doing their thing sounds great to me, but there’s no way on earth they’re playing third down the Pyramid.

Reunion hype?

Probably just got this wrong.

27 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Supergrass third down the Pyramid?!? In 2020?!?

Just spat my tea out!

Agreed. Other opener, surely. 

And also....Blossoms into Slipknot. Jesus wept! I guess if that's going to happen anywhere though, it's going to be Glastonbury 

Edited by Sasperella

If Supergrass were Other openers I'd probably try to catch that, but I couldn't see them anywhere else on the main stages. Could Avalon get them based on the strength of their line up this year?!

Edited by vintagelaureate

33 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Reunion hype?

Probably just got this wrong.

For comparison Bastille played fourth and they still play arenas. Sheryl Crow was fifth and she was probably last relevant around the same time as Supergrass and yet is still much bigger than Gaz and the lads. I fear you are greatly overestimating the hype levels for a Supergrass reunion.

As said above they have Other Stage Opener written all over them.

56 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

And also....Blossoms into Slipknot. Jesus wept! I guess if that's going to happen anywhere though, it's going to be Glastonbury 

Jack white played into Metallica. Plus if Slipknot played in fantasy reality they’d never have a metal band before them

Edited by Matt42

9 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

For comparison Bastille played fourth and they still play arenas. Sheryl Crow was fifth and she was probably last relevant around the same time as Supergrass and yet is still much bigger than Gaz and the lads. I fear you are greatly overestimating the hype levels for a Supergrass reunion.

As said above they have Other Stage Opener written all over them.

Bastille have pretty much dropped to an academy band now, look at their last tour dates and the one's coming up. 

26 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Gaz has done the Park as a solo artist previously.

Gaz Coombes’ solo stuff is very different to Alright, Caught By The Fuzz, etc.

32 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

This is all academic as we all know that the Other opener slot was made for them.

Yes. But something like third down Other would be second choice I’m sure.