2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

57 minutes ago, BPEC_Coaches said:

Add to that they are the funnest and tightest rock act on the planet right now... I'm pretty down for this! 

Equally would be a great Park headline.

The park is too niche, they should be shoved down the throats of the uninitiated.

I would be willing to accept Other Stage headliners, then we can all carry them on our shoulders to the crows nest and get real dirty with it.

57 minutes ago, BPEC_Coaches said:

Add to that they are the funnest and tightest rock act on the planet right now... I'm pretty down for this! 

Equally would be a great Park headline.

The park is too niche, they should be shoved down the throats of the uninitiated.

I would be willing to accept Other Stage headliners, then we can all carry them on our shoulders to the crows nest and get real dirty with it.

• Upvote 1

Here's my punt... relying on the 50th anniversary being a big draw for friends of the festival... 

Friday
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // The Specials // Dizzee Rascall // Def Leppard // Kacey Musgraves // Special Guests (Coldplay)
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Lizzo // Sleaford Mods // Tove Lo // Run The Jewels // Metronomy // Yungen // Mabel

Saturday
Pyramid: Lady Gaga // Florence & The Machine // Madness // Lorde // Dua Lipa // Lil Nas X // Special Guests (Muse)
Other: Metallica // The XX // Craig David // HAIM // Idles // Maximo Park // Bugzy Malone // Zarra Larrson 

Sunday
Pyramid: Elton John // Elbow // Sia // Cher // Billy Ray Cyrus // Dave // Craig Charles Funk & Soul Band
Other: Foals // Pet Shop Boys // Fatboy Slim // The Streets // Lily Allen // Charli XCX // J Hus // Declan McKenna

Edited by ProperTea

I'm gonna guess at Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney and The 1975 as headliners.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Dua Lipa, Lana Del Rey as subs.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, The National and Wood Alice as Other headliners.

1 hour ago, ProperTea said:

Here's my punt... relying on the 50th anniversary being a big draw for friends of the festival... 

Friday
Pyramid: Fleetwood Mac // Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds // The Specials // Dizzee Rascall // Def Leppard // Kacey Musgraves // Special Guests (Coldplay)
Other: The Chemical Brothers // Lizzo // Sleaford Mods // Tove Lo // Run The Jewels // Metronomy // Yungen // Mabel

Saturday
Pyramid: Lady Gaga // Florence & The Machine // Madness // Lorde // Dua Lipa // Lil Nas X // Special Guests (Muse)
Other: Metallica // The XX // Craig David // HAIM // Idles // Maximo Park // Bugzy Malone // Zarra Larrson 

Sunday
Pyramid: Elton John // Elbow // Sia // Cher // Billy Ray Cyrus // Dave // Craig Charles Funk & Soul Band
Other: Foals // Pet Shop Boys // Fatboy Slim // The Streets // Lily Allen // Charli XCX // J Hus // Declan McKenna

The chemical brothers will not headline the other stage next year since they did it this year.

I can't see a headline trio of Fleetwood Mac,lady gaga and Elton john.

Coldplay will be one of the pymaid headliners next year along with Elton john and the 1975.

Melticalla I can't see headline the other stage next year.

Foals is a shout for the other stage headline slot next year.

Florence and the machine will not be around next year.

38 minutes ago, chatty said:

I'm gonna guess at Fleetwood Mac, Paul McCartney and The 1975 as headliners.

Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Dua Lipa, Lana Del Rey as subs.

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds, The National and Wood Alice as Other headliners.

Do you mean wolf Alice by any chance

51 minutes ago, jj200 said:

The chemical brothers will not headline the other stage next year since they did it this year.

Coldplay will be one of the pymaid headliners next year along with Elton john and the 1975.

After 1k posts I still can't tell if you're real or a troll jj...

17 hours ago, Leedsladsdan said:

Rammstein 26th and 28th June are missing in their tour schedule

I can't see the amount of fire they like to use being allowed on the Pyramid. Surely their stage set would be too big, and they're not going to scale down. That 10-17 June gap looks tailor made for Download. 

See there's rumours of AC/DC being out next year, if so can probably add them to the Download bill, though Glasto would be epic. 

Isn't it about time Coldplay accepted their Glastonbury legend status and played the Sunday afternoon slot? ?

1 minute ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Surely there has to be at least one female artist headlining next year ???

I think it's fair to assume that the festival will at least try for that, yeah.

However I suspect they probably try for that every year, and it comes down to which suitable acts are available and willing to do it for (in most cases) a massively reduced fee and can make the logistics work. The truth is that at this point in time there's a lot less viable female options than male (about 10 by my count though I've probably missed some), and about half of those are probably unlikely for various reasons (not touring, done it too recently, being Madonna, etc).

14 hours ago, jj200 said:

Spelling aside that's the most coherent and reasonable headliner post I think I've ever seen from you jj, You feeling OK dude? ;)

On 6/17/2019 at 4:40 PM, The Red Telephone said:

Orbital should have been playing this year...which leads me to believe that they’re playing next year instead

mate of mine spoke to them, 2020 is like there 30th anniversary so they will be back and playing and celebrating 

YO!

Py: Foals, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Solange, Alanis Morissette, Sam Fender
OS: Mark Ronson, Paolo Nutini, Blossoms, Gerry Cinnamon, Metronomy, The Amazons
WH: FKA twigs, Fredo, Cymande
JP: Pixies, Nothing But Thieves, Mabel, The Horrors
Pa: AJ Tracey, John Grant, LP, Aldous Harding

Py: Fleetwood Mac, Elbow, Alicia Keys, Kacey Musgraves, J Hus, Billy Bragg
OS: Disclosure, Wolf Alice, Bombay Bicycle Club, Glass Animals, Zara Larsson, Sleaford Mods
WH: Run the Jewels, Khruangbin, Nao
JP: James Blake, Chvrches, MoStack, *Metallica secret set*
Pa: Savages, Oh Sees, Anna Calvi, Jade Bird

Py: U2, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Dua Lipa, The Kinks, Of Monsters & Men, Gregory Porter
OS: Bjork, The War on Drugs, Ben Howard, Everything Everything, Ghost, Die Antwoord
WH: Bonobo, Lykke Li, Amadou & Mariam
JP: Skepta, Charli XCX, Car Seat Headrest, Angel Olsen
Pa: First Aid Kit, Courtney Barnett, Young Fathers, Superorganism

Edited by dentalplan

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

YO!

Py: Foals, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Solange, Alanis Morissette, Sam Fender
OS: Mark Ronson, Paolo Nutini, Blossoms, Gerry Cinnamon, Metronomy, The Amazons
WH: FKA twigs, Fredo, Cymande
JP: Pixies, Nothing But Thieves, Mabel, The Horrors
Pa: AJ Tracey, John Grant, LP, Aldous Harding

Py: Fleetwood Mac, Elbow, Alicia Keys, Kacey Musgraves, J Hus, Billy Bragg
OS: Disclosure, Wolf Alice, Bombay Bicycle Club, Glass Animals, Zara Larsson, Sleaford Mods
WH: Run the Jewels, Khruangbin, Nao
JP: James Blake, Chvrches, MoStack, *Metallica secret set*
Pa: Savages, Oh Sees, Anna Calvi, Jade Bird

Py: U2, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Dua Lipa, The Kinks, Of Monsters & Men, Gregory Porter
OS: Bjork, The War on Drugs, Ben Howard, Everything Everything, Ghost, Die Antwoord
WH: Bonobo, Lykke Li, Amadou & Mariam
JP: Skepta, Charli XCX, Car Seat Headrest, Angel Olsen
Pa: First Aid Kit, Courtney Barnett, Young Fathers, Superorganism

Out of interest, why do people reckon Lana is gonna do it? If the rumour is true that she was booked for this year and pulled out, plus all the medical issues she's having, I don't see why she would be back again next year.

Other than the Lykke Li/Charli XCX clash though I would definitely take this, could spend nearly the whole weekend on West Holts

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Out of interest, why do people reckon Lana is gonna do it? If the rumour is true that she was booked for this year and pulled out, plus all the medical issues she's having, I don't see why she would be back again next year.

Other than the Lykke Li/Charli XCX clash though I would definitely take this, could spend nearly the whole weekend on West Holts

I predicted her as I wanted a female sub and she seems the obvious shout for that. As much as she’s touring a fair bit this summer I figured she’d be doing a few shows next year to promote the new album, presuming it is eventually released. 

I like that lineup @dentalplan, Bjork as an Other headliner is a good shout, I’d considered her but I didn’t think she’d have new stuff out so soon.

4 hours ago, kingcrawler said:

I predicted her as I wanted a female sub and she seems the obvious shout for that. As much as she’s touring a fair bit this summer I figured she’d be doing a few shows next year to promote the new album, presuming it is eventually released. 

If you wanted female sub then Dua Lipa is the prime choice for that imo, much more likely that LDR. She had blown up on a 1st album, the 2nd I think will push her a few boundaries higher.