2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

32 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Reckon they will hold off on 1975 for now. IMO Elton is pretty likely next year and I imagine based on EE's comments this year that they want a female headliner for next year. Elton + Gaga/Ariana/Swift + 1975 is probably a bit too pop of a trio.

Lower your expectations :P

I’m really shocked that there is such confidence on this board that it won’t be the 1975 but instead a major stadium act who doesn’t do festivals is instead touted. 

The 1975 and Elton are two realistic headliners I can see - third will either be someone like Ariana they’ve managed to secure or another UK band or friend of the festival .

The 1975, Kings of Leon, Elton John ? :P 

Edited by Matt42

31 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

Lower your expectations :P

I’m really shocked that there is such confidence on this board that it won’t be the 1975 but instead a major stadium act who doesn’t do festivals is instead touted. 

The 1975 and Elton are two realistic headliners I can see - third will either be someone like Ariana they’ve managed to secure or another UK band or friend of the festival .

The 1975, Kings of Leon, Elton John ? :P 

As I said previously a big pop gal, elton and 1975 is probably a bit too pop for the top 3, reckon at least one rock band would be required. After EEs comments about the gender split, i reckon there will be at least one woman (especially important as its the big anniversary imo, she will want to make a statement of some sort such as a 50/50 split on the pymild or something). Also, this is probably the last chance they can get Elton before he retires so is higher priority than 1975 anyway.

The 1975 will always be available every year (e.g. 2021). Also when was the last time Glasto booked an RnL headliner a year behind them?  Agreed they wont sub, which is why they are absent from my prediction.

On 7/7/2019 at 11:07 AM, sisco said:

Wow that would be weak. Especially as they’ve already made a big deal of the 50th

TBF they make a big deal of every festival we’ll in advance, even when the reality is they don’t know who they are actually going to wind up booking. 

What I want to know is why the hell are Def Leppard making so many of these lists?

10 minutes ago, musky said:

What I want to know is why the hell are Def Leppard making so many of these lists?

Emily said they've already booked (or are at least in talks with) somebody for the Friday Afternoon Rock slot for 2020. Def Leppard are currently touring and a pretty ideal kind of act, despite probably being too big for it hence why possibly already in talks. Not sure I see it myself but can't think of who else it could be so guess they're as good a guess as any.

17 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Emily said they've already booked (or are at least in talks with) somebody for the Friday Afternoon Rock slot for 2020. Def Leppard are currently touring and a pretty ideal kind of act, despite probably being too big for it hence why possibly already in talks. Not sure I see it myself but can't think of who else it could be so guess they're as good a guess as any.

Ah, I’d missed that little nugget. 

Seems an odd booking for a number of reasons but I can see it would make some people very happy (even if it’s just the ones who park themselves in front of the Pyramid to tick off big name acts).

1 hour ago, musky said:

TBF they make a big deal of every festival we’ll in advance, even when the reality is they don’t know who they are actually going to wind up booking. 

Cos LEP RULE.

There was a distinct lack of sing along rock anthems this year. Bring it on.

Get whitesnake too, double denim brucie bonus right there.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I wondered about Green Day for that slot

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I wouldn’t normally think them possible but apparently this 2020 Friday rock slot band is a big one, and also Def Leppard have shown they’re willing to drop down a peg for shows around Europe where they might not command headline status (they supported Bon Jovi last month ?) so why not, I guess.

I am positive that Metallica will appear. That slot would be weird though, given that they’ve already closed out that stage with the full shebang.

17 hours ago, sisco said:

I wondered about Green Day for that slot

I know Billy Joe Armstrong was on site as his son was playing, wonder if he took the festival and its ethos in and thought fuck it, let's just play it regardless of whether we headline or not?

From memory they don't seem to exactly be money grabbers (in the same vein as The Strokes), and if they approached the festival with an open mind to doing a non Pyramid headline slot then I can't see why it wouldn't happen.

34 minutes ago, priest17 said:

metal slot is the new pyramid hip-hop slot.

that is to say, it doesn't exist anymore.

Lauryn Hill?

Run the Jewels?

Skepta?

Mary J Blige?

De La Soul?

Still seems to be going strong as far as I’m concerned, albeit in a somewhat tenuous way some years that could be considered a standard Pyramid booking rather than a deliberate attempt at booking a hip-hop act.

26 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Lauryn Hill?

Run the Jewels?

Skepta?

Mary J Blige?

De La Soul?

Still seems to be going strong as far as I’m concerned, albeit in a somewhat tenuous way some years that could be considered a standard Pyramid booking rather than a deliberate attempt at booking a hip-hop act.

You can come up with examples to prove anything floor, 40% or people know that

Post image

I think Green Day are 100 % a headline sized band but they wouldn’t headline Glastonbury.

I can’t get on board with much speculation that a headline sized band would play the other one year. Only because it would be the first time it’s ever happened. 

Pyramid

Fri: Kings of Leon, the Foals

Sat: Elton John, Lizzo

Sun: Madonna, Scissor Sisters

Other:

Fri: Jamiroquai

Sat: the 1975

Sun: Knife Party

West Holts:

Fri: Frank Ocean

Sat: Kool & the Gang

Sun: Chromeo

John Peel:

Fri: Royksopp

Sat: Metronomy

Sun: The Black Keys

This is just for fun, not sure if any of them are touring at all, but I thought I might as well try one out. Frank Ocean might be too big for West Holts though 

On 7/8/2019 at 7:18 PM, Mattymooz said:

Probably a bit too long for this early and imo a touch too strong (Plus the pymild is a bit of a sausage fest). Also didn't include any secret sets as I dunno how they'd fit in (as Coldplay, Muse, Metallica etc. are all possibilities):

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Lady Gaga // The Black Keys // Iggy Pop // Dizzee Rascal // Haim // Doves // Fatboy Slim
Other: Nine Inch Nails // Wolf Alice // The Raconteurs // Tegan and Sara // Zara Larsson // Sam Fender // Of Monsters & Men // Maximo Park
West Holts: Royksopp // St. Vincent // Jordan Rakei // Steam Down // Noname // Joe Armon-Jones // Hackney Colliery Band
John Peel: Bombay Bicycle Club // White Lies // Parquet Courts // Deaf Havana // Parcels // Litany // Sea Girls // Nina Nesbitt
The Park: Young Fathers // Charli XCX // Madeon // JPEGMAFIA // Holy Ghost! // Yazmin Lacey // Let's Eat Grandma

SATURDAY

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // The Kinks // Paolo Nutini // Pixies // Kacey Musgraves // Ben Howard // Craig Charles' Funk + Soul Club
Other: Skepta // Halsey // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Yeah Yeah Yeah's // Kaiser Cheifs // Sleaford Mods // Gerry Cinnamon // The Gaslight Anthem
West Holts: The Specials // The Internet // Carly Rae Jepsen // Tom Misch // Jamie Lidell // Nerija
John Peel: Miike Snow // Lykke Li // King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard // Idles // Gabrielle Aplin // The Sherlocks // Rae Morris // Confidence Man
The Park: Jamie XX // Four Tet // Weyes Blood // Arca // Kero Kero Bonito // Sampa The Great // Self Esteem

SUNDAY

Pyramid: Elton John // Elbow // Dua Lipa // Billy Joel // De La Soul // Metronomy // Some Gospel Choir
Other: Foals // Giggs // Mura Masa // Everything Everything // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes // Tove Lo // Declan McKenna // Miles Kane
West Holts: Run The Jewels // Sampha // Africa Express // NAO // Maisha // Sinkane
John Peel: Orbital // Future Islands // Bat For Lashes // Angel Olsen // Ella Mai // No Rome // Black Honey // Boy Azzoga
The Park: Primal Scream // Skegss // Masego // Princess Nokia // MUNA // Yaeji // Isaac Waddington

This is a thing of absolute beauty. Amazing work!

Friday Rock slot. What if they opted for King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. New Thrash metal album on the way with positive enviro-friendly message thats inkeeping with the festival, already playing pretty big shows this year, stupid band name that'd turn heads when announced. It's literally perfect. And I do not use that word lightly.

If your only response to that is a blunt no they're not big enough, well for a start there's 7 of them so they make up for it in physical size (there's only 2 in royal blood, what's that all about). Also, It's 11 bloody months till the festival itself so let me have this for a bit.

They can put Oh Sees on at the same time somewhere else to be annoying like it was in Manchester a few years ago.

There is no Planet B.

56 minutes ago, priest17 said:

Friday Rock slot. What if they opted for King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard. New Thrash metal album on the way with positive enviro-friendly message thats inkeeping with the festival, already playing pretty big shows this year, stupid band name that'd turn heads when announced. It's literally perfect. And I do not use that word lightly.

If your only response to that is a blunt no they're not big enough, well for a start there's 7 of them so they make up for it in physical size (there's only 2 in royal blood, what's that all about). Also, It's 11 bloody months till the festival itself so let me have this for a bit.

They can put Oh Sees on at the same time somewhere else to be annoying like it was in Manchester a few years ago.

There is no Planet B.

Add to that they are the funnest and tightest rock act on the planet right now... I'm pretty down for this! 

Equally would be a great Park headline.