2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

1 hour ago, fuzzy_logic said:

Geoff Barrow told me Beak> will be back next year 

Beak> are booked already? They're not messing about with this one.

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Ctrl+F "Elton"

Nothing so far, which invalidates these otherwise great guesses. Seems far more likely than Bey or Blur, even from this far out.

I think the other predictions will be in the same mind as I am, in that Fleetwood Mac has just edged Elton out of the picture. And as much as Elton in his final year of touring would be an ideal booking; there's clearly been something blocking the occasion for all these years.

1 hour ago, Madyaker said:

Jesus could you not wait 2 weeks until we have this one out of the way at least ?

Nah. 2019 is out of the way for me, as much as I wish it weren't.

• 3 weeks later...

FRI
Py: 
Foals, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, The Specials, Laura Marling, Lianne La Havas
OS: Disclosure, Paolo Nutini, Blossoms, Fleet Foxes, Kaiser Chiefs, Zara Larsson, Django Django
WH: Pet Shop Boys, M83, Jimmy Cliff, Songhoy Blues
JP: FKA Twigs, London Grammar, Future Islands, Daughter, Lapsley
Pa: Doves, Bat For Lashes, Ezra Furman, Lady Leshurr

SAT
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Van Morrison, M.I.A., Father John Misty, Mabel
OS: The xx, Wolf Alice, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Octavian, Gerry Cinnamon, Of Monsters & Men
WH: Run the Jewels, SZA, Femi Kuti, Toots & the Maytals
JP: Orbital, St. Vincent, Not3s, Angel Olsen
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Ride, Sylvan Esso, Hiatus Kaiyote

SUN
Py: 
Elton John, Elbow, Dua Lipa, Cher, Haim, Billy Bragg
OS: Royal Blood, Skepta, Bombay Bicycle Club, Sam Fender, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Editors
WH: Bonobo, Sampha, Young Fathers, Rokia Traore
JP: PJ Harvey, Nothing But Thieves, Sleaford Mods, Warpaint, The Horrors
Pa: Charli XCX, Alvvays, Benjamin Clementine, Whitney

I know I only did one the other week but I've filled it out a lot and made a fair few changes post-festival. Won't do another for a month or so.

Friday
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Haim, M.I.A, Amadou et Mariam
OSPortishead, Paolo Nutini, Bombay Bicycle Club, Zara Larsson, Gerry Cinnamon
WH: Jamie xx, SZA, Young Fathers, Songhoy Blues
JP: Primal Scream, Nothing But Thieves, Not3s
Pa: First Aid Kit, Ride

Saturday
PyBlur, The 1975, Alicia Keys, Rag n Bone Man, PJ Harvey, Alanis Morissette
OSDisclosure, J Hus, Dizzee Rascal, Sam Fender, Laura Marling
WHThe Isley Brothers, Groove Armada, Femi Kuti, Kali Uchis
JP: FKA Twigs, St. Vincent, The Horrors
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Bicep LIVE

Sunday
Py: The Kinks, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Dua Lipa, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves, Joan Armatrading
OSFoals, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals, The Libertines, Frank Carter & TRS
WH: Run the Jewels, Sampha, Khruangbin, Toots & the Maytals
JP: Chase & Status, Mabel, Savages
Pa: Charli xcx, Phoebe Bridgers

1 hour ago, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 
OS: Disclosure, Paolo Nutini, Blossoms, Fleet Foxes, Kaiser Chiefs, Zara Larsson, Django Django

SAT
Py: 
Fleetwood Mac, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Van Morrison, M.I.A., Father John Misty, Mabel
OS: The xx, Wolf Alice, Rag 'N' Bone Man, Octavian, Gerry Cinnamon, Of Monsters & Men

SUN
Py: 
OS: Royal Blood, Skepta, Bombay Bicycle Club, Sam Fender, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Editors

Yoooo

12 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

I know I only did one the other week but I've filled it out a lot and made a fair few changes post-festival. Won't do another for a month or so.

Friday
Py: Kendrick Lamar, Lana Del Rey, Def Leppard, Haim, M.I.A, Amadou et Mariam
OSPortishead, Paolo Nutini, Bombay Bicycle Club, Zara Larsson, Gerry Cinnamon
WH: Jamie xx, SZA, Young Fathers, Songhoy Blues
JP: Primal Scream, Nothing But Thieves, Not3s
Pa: First Aid Kit, Ride

Saturday
PyBlur, The 1975, Alicia Keys, Rag n Bone Man, PJ Harvey, Alanis Morissette
OSDisclosure, J Hus, Dizzee Rascal, Sam Fender, Laura Marling
WHThe Isley Brothers, Groove Armada, Femi Kuti, Kali Uchis
JP: FKA Twigs, St. Vincent, The Horrors
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Bicep LIVE

Sunday
Py: The Kinks, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Dua Lipa, Diana Ross, Kacey Musgraves, Joan Armatrading
OSFoals, Wolf Alice, Glass Animals, The Libertines, Frank Carter & TRS
WH: Run the Jewels, Sampha, Khruangbin, Toots & the Maytals
JP: Chase & Status, Mabel, Savages
Pa: Charli xcx, Phoebe Bridgers

Yo

1 minute ago, jj200 said:

Pyamid stage 

Friday- the 1975

Saturday- arcade fire

Sunday - kings of Leon

The other stage

Friday -  foals

Saturday- Calvin Harris

Sunday - the strokes

No

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Pyamid stage 

Friday- the 1975

Saturday- arcade fire

Sunday - kings of Leon

The other stage

Friday -  foals

Saturday- Calvin Harris

Sunday - the strokes

At least there might be a few more tickets available in the resale if I miss out in October :P

On 7/3/2019 at 4:19 PM, kingcrawler said:

FRI
Py: 

SAT
Py: 

SUN
Py: 

After The Vaccines doing the opening Other slot I'm questioning whether Noel would allow himself in that slot, granted there have been much better one's. I could honestly see him opening the Pyramid instead. I don't believe he was there this year due to Friday and Sunday gigs but for the 2020 I can imagine he'd want to get on it as soon as he could and not have a break because of a slot that he may not be in the best condition for.

Other than that, Foals as sub, Kinks to headline is an option...would Ray just do the legend slot again and I think Cher will come at too much money although I'd be game. I could see myself Foals subbing Arctics, Royal Blood subbing Blur and Florence subbing FM.

FRI

Pyramid: The 1975, Lewis Capaldi, Haim, 

Other: Travis Scott

SAT

Pyramid: Ariana Grande, The Kinks, Celine Dion

Other: Foals

SUN

Pyramid: Elton John, Noel Gallagher’s HFB, Dua Lipa, Cher

Other: Disclosure

other sprinklings - Bombay headlining JP one night. Lana as an other sub, also the Black Keys as an other sub. Ya da ya da

32 minutes ago, Matt42 said:

FRI

Pyramid: The 1975, Lewis Capaldi, Haim, 

Other: Travis Scott

SAT

Pyramid: Ariana Grande, The Kinks, Celine Dion

Other: Foals

SUN

Pyramid: Elton John, Noel Gallagher’s HFB, Dua Lipa, Cher

Other: Disclosure

other sprinklings - Bombay headlining JP one night. Lana as an other sub, also the Black Keys as an other sub. Ya da ya da

Wow that would be weak. Especially as they’ve already made a big deal of the 50th

12 minutes ago, sisco said:

Wow that would be weak. Especially as they’ve already made a big deal of the 50th

I was thinking it'd be too strong. :lol:

I think Black Keys are still around Pyramid sub/Other headline level and Lana was - if rumours are correct - originally pencilled in to sub Pymaid this year. Then Foals and Travis Scott on the Other Stage as well. Plus a reunited Kinks in a Ariana Grande and Celine Dion sandwich.

Lower your expectations Matthew. :P

Edited by dentalplan

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was thinking it'd be too strong. :lol:

I think Black Keys are still around Pyramid sub/Other headline level and Lana was - if rumours are correct - originally pencilled in to sub Pymaid this year. Then Foals and Travis Scott on the Other Stage as well. Plus a reunited Kinks in a Ariana Grande and Celine Dion sandwich.

Lower your expectations Matthew. :P

Think I was focussing on the headers. I fully expect Elton to be the legend myself.  Arianna for me again could very easily play the same slot Miley, Janet or Katy Perry have played.

Still thinking Foals/The 1975, Madonna and Fleetwood Mac for headers. 

plus bigger than normal subs.... The Kinks, Florence and the Machine, NGHFB

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I was thinking it'd be too strong. Lower your expectations Matthew. :P:lol:

Yeah I thought it was a pretty strong prediction.

to modify it i’d cut Travis Scott, probably swap him with the Black Keys. I couldn’t see them putting 1975 up against black keys though.

Ideally my trio would be Ariana, Blur, Elton John but I’m not confident in Blur at all :P 

22 minutes ago, sisco said:

Think I was focussing on the headers. I fully expect Elton to be the legend myself.  Arianna for me again could very easily play the same slot Miley, Janet or Katy Perry have played.

Still thinking Foals/The 1975, Madonna and Fleetwood Mac for headers. 

plus bigger than normal subs.... The Kinks, Florence and the Machine, NGHFB

I don't think they'd be able to have Madonna AND Fleetwood Mac. Surely both would require a massive cash injection?

If Fleetwood is really a goer, then the others will surely have to be Foals/1975/Arctic Monkeys and Gaga/Grande/Florence

Ideally, I would like Blur...but I think that's just a bit too perfect, and if they're going to have a female headliner I'm not sure where they'd fit

I'm all over this idea about The Kinks though! Where did it come from???

Definitely not so keen on Celine Dion

Edited by Sasperella

Probably a bit too long for this early and imo a touch too strong (Plus the pymild is a bit of a sausage fest). Also didn't include any secret sets as I dunno how they'd fit in (as Coldplay, Muse, Metallica etc. are all possibilities):

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Lady Gaga // The Black Keys // Iggy Pop // Dizzee Rascal // Haim // Doves // Fatboy Slim
Other: Nine Inch Nails // Wolf Alice // The Raconteurs // Tegan and Sara // Zara Larsson // Sam Fender // Of Monsters & Men // Maximo Park
West Holts: Royksopp // St. Vincent // Jordan Rakei // Steam Down // Noname // Joe Armon-Jones // Hackney Colliery Band
John Peel: Bombay Bicycle Club // White Lies // Parquet Courts // Deaf Havana // Parcels // Litany // Sea Girls // Nina Nesbitt
The Park: Young Fathers // Charli XCX // Madeon // JPEGMAFIA // Holy Ghost! // Yazmin Lacey // Let's Eat Grandma

SATURDAY

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // The Kinks // Paolo Nutini // Pixies // Kacey Musgraves // Ben Howard // Craig Charles' Funk + Soul Club
Other: Skepta // Halsey // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Yeah Yeah Yeah's // Kaiser Cheifs // Sleaford Mods // Gerry Cinnamon // The Gaslight Anthem
West Holts: The Specials // The Internet // Carly Rae Jepsen // Tom Misch // Jamie Lidell // Nerija
John Peel: Miike Snow // Lykke Li // King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard // Idles // Gabrielle Aplin // The Sherlocks // Rae Morris // Confidence Man
The Park: Jamie XX // Four Tet // Weyes Blood // Arca // Kero Kero Bonito // Sampa The Great // Self Esteem

SUNDAY

Pyramid: Elton John // Elbow // Dua Lipa // Billy Joel // De La Soul // Metronomy // Some Gospel Choir
Other: Foals // Giggs // Mura Masa // Everything Everything // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes // Tove Lo // Declan McKenna // Miles Kane
West Holts: Run The Jewels // Sampha // Africa Express // NAO // Maisha // Sinkane
John Peel: Orbital // Future Islands // Bat For Lashes // Angel Olsen // Ella Mai // No Rome // Black Honey // Boy Azzoga
The Park: Primal Scream // Skegss // Masego // Princess Nokia // MUNA // Yaeji // Isaac Waddington

• Like 1

On 7/7/2019 at 9:46 AM, thewayiam said:

After The Vaccines doing the opening Other slot I'm questioning whether Noel would allow himself in that slot, granted there have been much better one's. I could honestly see him opening the Pyramid instead. I don't believe he was there this year due to Friday and Sunday gigs but for the 2020 I can imagine he'd want to get on it as soon as he could and not have a break because of a slot that he may not be in the best condition for.

Other than that, Foals as sub, Kinks to headline is an option...would Ray just do the legend slot again and I think Cher will come at too much money although I'd be game. I could see myself Foals subbing Arctics, Royal Blood subbing Blur and Florence subbing FM.

Has anyone ever headlined the pyramid and then gone back and subbed it a few years later?

2 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Probably a bit too long for this early and imo a touch too strong (Plus the pymild is a bit of a sausage fest). Also didn't include any secret sets as I dunno how they'd fit in (as Coldplay, Muse, Metallica etc. are all possibilities):

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Lady Gaga // The Black Keys // Iggy Pop // Dizzee Rascal // Haim // Doves // Fatboy Slim
Other: Nine Inch Nails // Wolf Alice // The Raconteurs // Tegan and Sara // Zara Larsson // Sam Fender // Of Monsters & Men // Maximo Park
West Holts: Royksopp // St. Vincent // Jordan Rakei // Steam Down // Noname // Joe Armon-Jones // Hackney Colliery Band
John Peel: Bombay Bicycle Club // White Lies // Parquet Courts // Deaf Havana // Parcels // Litany // Sea Girls // Nina Nesbitt
The Park: Young Fathers // Charli XCX // Madeon // JPEGMAFIA // Holy Ghost! // Yazmin Lacey // Let's Eat Grandma

SATURDAY

Pyramid: Arctic Monkeys // The Kinks // Paolo Nutini // Pixies // Kacey Musgraves // Ben Howard // Craig Charles' Funk + Soul Club
Other: Skepta // Halsey // Anderson .Paak & The Free Nationals // Yeah Yeah Yeah's // Kaiser Cheifs // Sleaford Mods // Gerry Cinnamon // The Gaslight Anthem
West Holts: The Specials // The Internet // Carly Rae Jepsen // Tom Misch // Jamie Lidell // Nerija
John Peel: Miike Snow // Lykke Li // King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard // Idles // Gabrielle Aplin // The Sherlocks // Rae Morris // Confidence Man
The Park: Jamie XX // Four Tet // Weyes Blood // Arca // Kero Kero Bonito // Sampa The Great // Self Esteem

SUNDAY

Pyramid: Elton John // Elbow // Dua Lipa // Billy Joel // De La Soul // Metronomy // Some Gospel Choir
Other: Foals // Giggs // Mura Masa // Everything Everything // Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes // Tove Lo // Declan McKenna // Miles Kane
West Holts: Run The Jewels // Sampha // Africa Express // NAO // Maisha // Sinkane
John Peel: Orbital // Future Islands // Bat For Lashes // Angel Olsen // Ella Mai // No Rome // Black Honey // Boy Azzoga
The Park: Primal Scream // Skegss // Masego // Princess Nokia // MUNA // Yaeji // Isaac Waddington

I’d take this to be fair. 

Couple of observations though, don’t think Idles would be so low down after this years Park gig. Also, anyone not having the 1975 in next years line up is on crack. Regardless of opinions about them, they’ll be there for sure. 

Just now, Skelts said:

I’d take this to be fair. 

Couple of observations though, don’t think Idles would be so low down after this years Park gig. Also, anyone not having the 1975 in next years line up is on crack. Regardless of opinions about them, they’ll be there for sure. 

Probably re. Idles just couldn't squeeze them up any higher with the other acts I had, but I reckon they will probably be there based off their frontmants midset weep of joy

Reckon they will hold off on 1975 for now. IMO Elton is pretty likely next year and I imagine based on EE's comments this year that they want a female headliner for next year. Elton + Gaga/Ariana/Swift + 1975 is probably a bit too pop of a trio.

5 minutes ago, Mattymooz said:

Probably re. Idles just couldn't squeeze them up any higher with the other acts I had, but I reckon they will probably be there based off their frontmants midset weep of joy

Reckon they will hold off on 1975 for now. IMO Elton is pretty likely next year and I imagine based on EE's comments this year that they want a female headliner for next year. Elton + Gaga/Ariana/Swift + 1975 is probably a bit too pop of a trio.

Which was epic, the crowd (me inc) we’re in pieces?

• Upvote 1