2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

Sleaford Mods on their 2 year rotation.  Other stage or JP?

White Lies, this has been the longest break from them being on the Other Stage I can remember.

Coldplay, Pyramid somewhere because they love it.

Noel Gallagher - not sure where he'll fit in but supposed to be playing. I'll guess Other.

Doves said they want to play.  JP?

Edited by uscore

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I’m expecting him, Elbow and Dua Lipa as Pyramid subs at the moment.

Yeah you'd think ego would mean he wouldn't allow anything less than that I guess.  But I'm not sure he's actually as 'popular' as Liam and supposedly the 50th anniversary lineup is going to be more impressive, although they always say things like that.

Here we go.

Py: Blur, Skepta, Def Leppard, Haim, Kacey Musgraves, Joan Armatrading
OS: Bon Iver, Paolo Nutini, Glass Animals, Zara Larsson, Idles, Declan McKenna
WH: Run the Jewels // JP: Chase & Status // Pa: First Aid Kit

Py: Lady Gaga, The 1975, The Kinks, Rag n Bone Man, PJ Harvey, Jimmy Cliff
OS: Massive Attack, Dizzee Rascal, J Hus, Sam Fender, Laura Marling, DMA's
WH: The Isley Brothers // JP: Primal Scream // Pa: M.I.A

Py: Fleetwood Mac, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Dua Lipa, Diana Ross, Bombay Bicycle Club, Amadou et Mariam
OS: Wolf Alice, Tyler, the Creator, Alabama Shakes, The Libertines, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Nothing But Thieves
WH: Jamie xx // JP: FKA Twigs // Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

Here's mine that I've just come here to post. Similar but worse.

Py: The 1975, Dua Lipa, Def Leppard, The Specials, Kacey Musgraves, Sam Fender
OS: Fatboy Slim, Paolo Nutini, Bombay Bicycle Club, Lily Allen, Kaiser Chiefs, Sleaford Mods
JP: The Smashing Pumpkins, Nothing But Thieves, Not3s, The Amazons
WH: Erykah Badu, Young Fathers, Animal Collective
Pa: Doves, John Grant, Chromeo

Py: Fleetwood Mac, Noel Gallagher's HFB, Alicia Keys, Haim, Rag'n'Bone Man, Alanis Morissette
OS: Disclosure, Wolf Alice, J Hus, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, DMA's, Metronomy
JP: Orbital, Chvrches, Klaxons, Declan McKenna
WH: Run the Jewels, Goat, Khruangbin
Pa: Charli XCX, Bat for Lashes, Ezra Furman

Py: Beyoncé, Elbow, Lewis Capaldi, Cher, Jess Glynne, Billy Bragg
OS: The Black Keys, The War on Drugs, Blossoms, Glass Animals, Everything Everything, Of Monsters & Men
JP: James Blake, Zara Larsson, Angel Olsen, The Horrors
WH: Groove Armada, Lykke Li, Femi Kuti
Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard, Ride, Jade Bird

2 hours ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Here we go.

Py: Blur, Skepta, Def Leppard, Haim, Kacey Musgraves, Joan Armatrading
OS: Bon Iver, Paolo Nutini, Glass Animals, Zara Larsson, Idles, Declan McKenna
WH: Run the Jewels // JP: Chase & Status // Pa: First Aid Kit

Py: Lady Gaga, The 1975, The Kinks, Rag n Bone Man, PJ Harvey, Jimmy Cliff
OS: Massive Attack, Dizzee Rascal, J Hus, Sam Fender, Laura Marling, DMA's
WH: The Isley Brothers // JP: Primal Scream // Pa: M.I.A

Py: Fleetwood Mac, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Dua Lipa, Diana Ross, Bombay Bicycle Club, Amadou et Mariam
OS: Wolf Alice, Tyler, the Creator, Alabama Shakes, The Libertines, Frank Carter & the Rattlesnakes, Nothing But Thieves
WH: Jamie xx // JP: FKA Twigs // Pa: King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

I don't think The 1975 subbing is the worst shout, I don't think they'll get offered headline but can't see then turning sub down to not be on the bill.

Noel I think will opt for an earlier slot and keep himself free to enjoy the fest. I'd be surprised to see Dua Lipa not sub and Cher oer DiRo for me.

+1 for the skepta sub his new album is good.

i’l believe fleetwood mac when I see it.

I don’t think Cardi will be there since she’s making it public at the moment that planes mess up her plastic surgery and I can totally see her sticking to only US shows from now on. She doesn’t really seem that bothered about markets outside of the US. She’s gonna cancel wireless and I reckon she probably already has.

I imagine Wolf Alice will be on pyramid. 

Bombay somewhere please. Possible JP headliners? Surprised they weren’t this year.

Not sure dua would sub I reckon they’d be able to get her lower. 

Kacey needs to happen. If you told me Carrie Underwood would play the pyramid before Kacey I wouldn’t have believed you (I edited this because I just realised that kacey has indeed played the festival before).

Coldplay, The 1975 and someone else as the headliners. I reckon they will draft in 1975 when Fleetwood inevitably drop out. Wishful thinking for blur?

Edited by Matt42

Didn’t think about the Skepta sub shout but it’s probably a bit late now isn’t it? They obviously want to keep promoting UK rap but the new album hasn’t seemed to make much impact so I think him and Dizzee would be strangely high up on that one. Tbh if they’re gonna do something like they’ve done with Dave and Stormzy in recent years, we had no idea how big they’d be this far out.

Didn’t put it in my prediction obviously but I think a secret Metallica set will happen. They’ve got plenty of form for that and will probably create a fake band that is so obviously them in the middle of the JP bill.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Didn’t think about the Skepta sub shout but it’s probably a bit late now isn’t it? They obviously want to keep promoting UK rap but the new album hasn’t seemed to make much impact so I think him and Dizzee would be strangely high up on that one. Tbh if they’re gonna do something like they’ve done with Dave and Stormzy in recent years, we had no idea how big they’d be this far out.

Didn’t put it in my prediction obviously but I think a secret Metallica set will happen. They’ve got plenty of form for that and will probably create a fake band that is so obviously them in the middle of the JP bill.

I was under the impression this skepta album has done well?