2020 Stage Predictions: What do we know? Do we know things?? Let’s find out!

dentalplan

my 2 cents, feels too strong and would desperately love a cheeky Thom Yorke/ Radiohead slot somewhere but don't want to get my hopes up...

FRIDAY

PYRAMID: The 1975, Lana Del Ray, The Raconteurs, Glass Animals, Sam Fender

OTHER: Pet Shop Boys, Wolf Alice, J Hus, Charli XCX, The Libertines

WEST HOLTS: James Blake, Quantic, Nao, Femi Kuti, SEED Ensemble

JOHN PEEL: FKA Twigs, The Cribs, Khruangbin, Freddie Gibbs/Madlib, Nubya Garcia

THE PARK: Caribou, Weyes Blood, Angel Olsen, (Sandy) Alex G, Tierra Whack

SATURDAY

PYRAMID: Elton John, The Black Keys, HAIM, Rag n Bone Man, Alanis Morissette

OTHER: Pixies, Snow Patrol, Bombay Bicycle Club, Paulo Nutini, The Gaslight Anthem

WEST HOLTS: Orbital, Mura Masa, Danny Brown, Moses Boyd Exodus, Nejira

JOHN PEEL: Run the Jewels, Metronomy, Blood Orange, Julia Jacklin, Confidence Man

THE PARK: The War on Drugs, Parquet Courts, (secret Coldplay set), Kero Kero Bonito, Aldous Harding

SUNDAY

PYRAMID: Fleetwood Mac, NGHFB, Iggy Pop, The Kinks, Kasey Musgraves

OTHER: Disclosure, Anderson .Paak, Grimes, Blossoms, Bugzy Malone

WEST HOLTS: Solange, St. Vincent, Jimmy Cliff, Cymande, Maisha

JOHN PEEL: Anna Calvi, Car Seat Headrest, Big Thief, Parcels, Ariel Pink

THE PARK: KGATLW, Young Fathers, Whitney, RBCF, Superorganism

20 minutes ago, 100borrowedfilms said:

my 2 cents, feels too strong and would desperately love a cheeky Thom Yorke/ Radiohead slot somewhere but don't want to get my hopes up...

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

OTHER: Pixies, Snow Patrol, Bombay Bicycle Club, Paulo Nutini, The Gaslight Anthem

JOHN PEEL: Run the Jewels, Metronomy, Blood Orange, Julia Jacklin, Confidence Man

THE PARK: The War on Drugs, Parquet Courts, (secret Coldplay set), Kero Kero Bonito, Aldous Harding

SUNDAY

Pixies v Elton John clash. That is extremely cruel and War on Drugs! Crikey. Reg and Black Keys consecutively would be perfect. Everyone keeps putting Libertines really low down, I know they've lost stock but fifth down Other, Jesus. Great prediction, I would love a Radiohead/Thom Yorke appearance. I reckon Thom could headline Park but I personally didn't rate him when I saw him in Manchester the other year. 

I would probably do this:

FRI: The 1975 / Wolf Alice / Raconteurs / Glass Animals / Libertines

SAT: Reg / Black Keys / Coldplay 

SUN: FM / Noel / Iggy / The Kinks

Probably the most Pyramid based Glasto I will ever do. 

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

Pixies v Elton John clash. That is extremely cruel and War on Drugs! Crikey. Reg and Black Keys consecutively would be perfect. Everyone keeps putting Libertines really low down, I know they've lost stock but fifth down Other, Jesus. Great prediction, I would love a Radiohead/Thom Yorke appearance. I reckon Thom could headline Park but I personally didn't rate him when I saw him in Manchester the other year. 

I would probably do this:

FRI: The 1975 / Wolf Alice / Raconteurs / Glass Animals / Libertines

SAT: Reg / Black Keys / Coldplay 

SUN: FM / Noel / Iggy / The Kinks

Probably the most Pyramid based Glasto I will ever do. 

Can't see Coldplay third down they will headline if they are there.

32 minutes ago, 100borrowedfilms said:

ahhh my mistake, meant to mention I reckon they'll be the Friday Other Stage Opener!

Ahhh right. Yeah there’s potential in that. 

Great prediction I would be very happy with that. 

10 minutes ago, jj200 said:

Can't see Coldplay third down they will headline if they are there.

I was saying what I’d do if @100borrowedfilms prediction was true and Coldplay would be the secret set if you notice the prediction JJ. 

5 hours ago, 100borrowedfilms said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Pixies are surely too high on this at this point? Would peg them as more of a JP headliner nowadays. War On Drugs also seem a bit low, could almost get away with swapping those 2.

17 hours ago, 100borrowedfilms said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

I'm unsure about James Blake headlining the West Holts again, the crowd in 2016 felt quite small and I don't think his popularity has grown much since? 

17 hours ago, 100borrowedfilms said:

FRIDAY

SATURDAY

SUNDAY

Can't see Wolf Alice being given the sub slot on Other, they'd headline it surely? Could also see them subbing The 1975 dependent on how the next album shapes up. Additionally, could see The Raconteurs subbing as well, not sure we'll ever see LDR on the farm again. 

Saturday would be great, although reckon Metronomy would headline John Peel as they did it last time and haven't really gotten any smaller. Sunday, St Vincent is definitely a headliner if she plays West Holts, JP, or Park but I don't think she'll be active. 

17 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Sunday, St Vincent is definitely a headliner if she plays West Holts, JP, or Park but I don't think she'll be active. 

Considering Janelle headlined this year and didnt have an especially large crowd and is a fair bit bigger than St. Vincent, I wouldnt say subbing West Holts is out of the question. Reckon she could be about (new album wouldnt be unreasonable by then), but she seems to be busy doing the Sleater Kinney record atm so idk how much work she has done on her own material

23 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

Can't see Wolf Alice being given the sub slot on Other, they'd headline it surely? Could also see them subbing The 1975 dependent on how the next album shapes up. Additionally, could see The Raconteurs subbing as well, not sure we'll ever see LDR on the farm again. 

Saturday would be great, although reckon Metronomy would headline John Peel as they did it last time and haven't really gotten any smaller. Sunday, St Vincent is definitely a headliner if she plays West Holts, JP, or Park but I don't think she'll be active. 

Can't see the Raconteurs ever subbing. People thought The National was a stretch and even fewer people care about Jack White and the lads.

1 hour ago, Mattymooz said:

Considering Janelle headlined this year and didnt have an especially large crowd and is a fair bit bigger than St. Vincent, I wouldnt say subbing West Holts is out of the question. Reckon she could be about (new album wouldnt be unreasonable by then), but she seems to be busy doing the Sleater Kinney record atm so idk how much work she has done on her own material

My logic is based on her headlining End of the Road last year and her increase in popularity over the course of the last record. Would love to see her smash a Park headline slot personally!

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

Can't see the Raconteurs ever subbing. People thought The National was a stretch and even fewer people care about Jack White and the lads.

Could see it, got the big singalong track, critically acclaimed new album, friend of the festival etc

15 minutes ago, rawrsomesauce said:

My logic is based on her headlining End of the Road last year and her increase in popularity over the course of the last record. Would love to see her smash a Park headline slot personally!

Could see it, got the big singalong track, critically acclaimed new album, friend of the festival etc

By all accounts he fell flat on his face when armed with the White Stripes back catalogue. I can't imagine people caring about a band they barely know.

5 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah 3rd/4th down the Pyramid, can defo see them there though. Jack making a point of missing this year for next.

The problem with Lana Del Rey is that some lap up her shtick and some don’t.

I would happily enjoy her playing her slow songs in a pyramid sub as the sun went down. However, for those who can’t go without a bit of Dave Grohl talking to the crowd every 5 minutes - they will dislike it.

Not every set needs to be high theatrics to be good... but that’s just my view

Edited by Matt42

23 hours ago, 100borrowedfilms said:

I've got a lot of time for this, except.... I really don't want to lose Anderson.Paak in another sub slot cuz I need a good spot for the Pyramid headliner like in 2017!