• Tuesday Daytime
    • Tuesday Evening
    • Wednesday before 8am
    • Wednesday between 8am and midday
    • Wednesday PM
    • Thursday
    • Friday or later 😱😱😱

20 hours ago, Spindles said:

Heading down Tuesday for a spot of sightseeing in the local area/walk up the Tor then joining the queue when car parks open, hoping to get a bit of kip overnight if I can.

Queing overnight on the Tuesday in 2017 was almost perfect. It was dry and warm, the security doing checks at the queue entrance meant that once we were in the bullpen that was it. Got all nice and settled for our 12 hours until that was that an excitable welsh man with a never-ending supply of nos pitched up nearby. 

Longest night of my life. Could sense dozens and dozens of other people around us just desperate for someone to ask him to cool it for a few hours. 

Edited by doodlesbyben

First time I'll have arrived early doors on the Wednesday having always arrived mid-afternoon previously.

My coach is due in at 6 am though realise traffic may delay this somewhat. Does anyone have experience of what the queues are like at gate A when the gates open? I realise entrances accessed by the car parks can get quite bad but am, perhaps wishfully, thinking it might be a bit quieter for us public transport types.

8 minutes ago, flyingmonkeypigs said:

First time I'll have arrived early doors on the Wednesday having always arrived mid-afternoon previously.

My coach is due in at 6 am though realise traffic may delay this somewhat. Does anyone have experience of what the queues are like at gate A when the gates open? I realise entrances accessed by the car parks can get quite bad but am, perhaps wishfully, thinking it might be a bit quieter for us public transport types.

They usually prioritise bus travellers and try to clear those through first ... it won't take long once gates open for the bus queues to dwindle ... 

On 6/18/2019 at 9:11 PM, Steel city camper said:

Travelling down from Sheffield late Tues morning and going to enjoy a few stops on the way ,what time can we get in the car park, any ideas ?

9pm I think i read somewhere, we're leaving notts around 7.30pm Tuesday but apparently it's forecast thunder and showers for Tuesday night and it just gives me 2016 flashbacks of being sat in the pissing rain for 6 hours so this may change

Edited by jow95

8 minutes ago, DwayneSmokingRocksJohnson said:

Normally in the Tuesday night queue for gate D but alas I'm working this year and can't arrive on site till Wednesday.

Should be getting to gate B for around 2/3pm does anyone know what the queues are like at that time?

Unless something silly happens I’m sure it will be fine. 

Charm x