• Monday or earlier (working!)
    • Tuesday Daytime
    • Tuesday Evening
    • Wednesday before 8am
    • Wednesday between 8am and midday
    • Wednesday PM
    • Thursday
    • Friday or later 😱😱😱

According to National Express we arrive 6.45am Wednesday. I know from experience this means nothing..

2014 - smooth sailing the year we decided to get a coach from London.

2015 - booked a private coach as it was cheaper, big mistake as we ended up in the shuttle bus queue for 5 hours as the sun came up. 

2016 - National Express, from Leeds this time. Arrival was meant to be 6.30am however we ended up onsite about 1pm due to the flooding.

2017 - National Express from Newcastle. Tickets were part of the coach package so the time was assigned to us. I remember getting there a lot later than the rest of the group going from Leeds but apart from the long journey time I think this one went okay! 

2019 - tbc 

Planning on leaving from Poole, Dorset at around 6 to 7pm on Tues so should be parked before 9pm and settled in the queue before dark. Two cars, two tents and 5 of us. Heading for Purple parking and gate B. 

Edited by SighMo

Driving to Southampton from Brighton to pick up the campervan, hopefully for about 11am, then lots of faffing while we fill out an inventory form and learn all the bits and bobs, then onto West CV I hope by 3pm. 

Never done CV before and so this is our first time doing a Tuesday arrival. Excited to have an extra day of camping and getting settled in. 

48 minutes ago, LostHorizon said:

Coming across from Dublin and staying in Bristol on Tuesday (side note: if anyone has any advise on a good spot to grab a decent beer in Bristol, please share)

We're then festival bound from early doors on Wednesday morning.

king Street for ales.

The canteen in Stokes Croft for alternative vibe

The Bristol Beet Factory. It’s a bit of a way from town centre. A cab ideally if you fancy it. Fuckin ace gaff but erratic opening https://www.bristolbeerfactory.co.uk/

the orchard inn, Spike Island for the proper cider buzz

• Like 1

Ideally, it will be the easiest arrival I’ve experienced, but I thought that in 2016 too.

Leaving Manchester Monday 9am, meeting up with 3 Medical Services friends at 2pm just outside Pilton, then into their camp ground. 

Caching up with others of our group at CV East - only 10 mins away - sometime Tuesday. 

Can’t wait.

9 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

king Street for ales.

The canteen in Stokes Croft for alternative vibe

The Bristol Beet Factory. It’s a bit of a way from town centre. A cab ideally if you fancy it. Fuckin ace gaff but erratic opening https://www.bristolbeerfactory.co.uk/

the orchard inn, Spike Island for the proper cider buzz

Legend ??

Have an upvote!

Currently a sore point for me this. 

At the earliest and best - early Wednesday, at the worst - Friday evening, which makes me feel physically sick. Most probable - Wednesday evening now. Work related issues! 

Edited by vintagelaureate