• Monday or earlier (working!)
    • Tuesday Daytime
    • Tuesday Evening
    • Wednesday before 8am
    • Wednesday between 8am and midday
    • Wednesday PM
    • Thursday
    • Friday or later 😱😱😱

Last few festivals stayed at the wonderful Cross Keys Inn on the Tuesday night, and then did the last few miles early Wednesday.  However this year we're in a Campervan, so leaving Essex Tuesday morning to hopefully be parked up and enjoying a drink early afternoon

Edited by Greenelk

Setting off on Tuesday - it'll be an early start in the campervan with a steady drive down from Stockport. 

Arrival time will depend on whether there's:

• any 2016 style weather precipitating elongated queuing times or;
  • a repeat of 2017's breakdown requiring a 3 hr stop in Bristol for slave cylinder repairs

My father, who is being a hero and giving us all a lift there, has asked if we can leave slightly earlier than the 3am I requested. Madman.

So leaving Cardiff for 2am, my guess is getting to Drop & Collect for 4am (predicting little traffic at that time of morning), then getting to the queue for around 5:30-6:00. Really hoping for no rain so we can nap in the queue.

Catching a train from Southampton around 8.30am Wednesday morning. The Castle Cary shuttle bus will get me onsite for about 11.30am (ish). I do this journey every year.

Volunteering with Oxfam so Monday afternoon for me. Ideally I'd have come straight after dropping daughter at school but my husband is having to work from home to look after our preschooler and wants me to hang around til lunchtime so he can get some work done. Only in Bristol so not too far to travel

6 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

My father, who is being a hero and giving us all a lift there, has asked if we can leave slightly earlier than the 3am I requested. Madman.

So leaving Cardiff for 2am, my guess is getting to Drop & Collect for 4am (predicting little traffic at that time of morning), then getting to the queue for around 5:30-6:00. Really hoping for no rain so we can nap in the queue.

Legend

• Upvote 1

Down from Saddleworth Tuesday daytime, staying in Lottisham Tuesday night and a 10 min drive up Pennards Hill to Worthy View on Wednesday morning after a lovely home cooked farmhouse breakfast 

Bollocks to queuing this year.

14 minutes ago, gratefulbread said:

I THINK we will be leaving Hexham around 2am Weds with a view to getting in and tent up before lunch. Fingaz crossed n that. 

Hexham? Glad I’m not driving!

52 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I've been dropped off by parents just outside the gates about midnight on the Tuesday before, might be worth giving that ago to get in the queue a bit earlier

Staying at Paddington Farm on the Monday night a short walk from the Tor. Toying with kipping at the Tor in waterproof bivvie bag.  Very much weather dependant.

I know it is illegal in case the fun police are in town

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jay Pee said:

Staying at Paddington Farm on the Monday night a short walk from the Tor. Toying with kipping at the Tor in waterproof bivvie bag.  Very much weather dependant.

I know it is illegal in case the fun police are in town

Nice spot, Paddington.  Do you know how busy it will be?