The 'I'm not doing any work' Thread

barkley87

Got bits and bobs of work done today, but have been distracted by increasing Glasto excitement/mania. 

I work from home on Fridays, and today I found myself doing a "one-man rucksack try on/fashion show" at one point...and I seem to be obsessively counting socks and tshirts.....I mean WTAF?

Proper packing will start Sunday.

Monday and Tuesday at work are going to be a challenge..... ?

I've been blessed with my manager not being in the office this morning and haven't got too much to sort out before I finish tomorrow afternoon. 

Fortunately I've done the majority of the festival prep, so can spend the day combing through my clashfinder, looking in the weather thread and occasionally doing some actual work.

Lovely. 

3 minutes ago, TheFullShaboo said:

Spending today going over the clashfinder as it’s the one thing that most resembles work. Any senior person who happens to be passing will assume its some form of forecast or spreadsheet. 

Work smarter, not harder.

Genius!

This might be my least productive day ever. Working from home, constantly checking these threads, have the BBC highlights on the TV, and keep getting jealous of everyone on social on their way/already on site... Just an afternoon to go!

Working today and tomorrow. And I have to get loads done, so I am here mostly checking the weather and State of the ground threads :)

I still need to pack.... tuesday night will be a late one... ?

Also, got bitten by insects on my leg on Saturday night. So my right knee is now 3-4 times bigger than it's normal size. Which is a strong look for sure. Am hammering down anti-histamines....seems to be easing a bit. 

Working from home today and having a fairly quiet day after a busy couple of weeks, which is pretty glorious! But I'm annoyingly getting the way I do just before I leave for anywhere, and Glasto specifically - the anxiety levels kick in and I start stressing about everything from washing enough pants to getting to the coach station to managing to fit everything in my rucksack... GAH.

Back in the office tomorrow, hopefully finding a way to keep myself busy!

I'm in the office and to be fair I am churning through it, but that's being balanced out by the fact that I'm pretty much dancing at my desk and drawing one or two odd looks from passers by.

Not my team though. They're used to it