The 'I'm not doing any work' Thread

barkley87

can we change the thread title to im not doing anything unless its Glastonbury related ? :) Ive got a viewing for my flat tomorrow and I keep  coming bak to check the forum hasn't gone anywhere ... as for work type work im limited in the fact from 6am until 12.15 I can only  check the forums whilst on my break ... even then I will only do it whilst sat with my boss as hes going to ... anyone else and the phone is put away ... but its quite a challenge coming back on and catching up with 13 hours of posts at the moment ... per day ... anyway 3 more shifts this week and then its all go :) 

5 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

This is me 

Me too. Actually off work today, travelling back from IOW festival. And  I know the next 6 works days are going to be mental busy but I’ll be checking in here every 3 minutes :)

Edited by Tom White

The forum is moving so fast now, last week I could juggle checking efests and work at the same time. But now the amount of time taken to catch up with threads is taking over the whole day!

Ah well, would have been too distracted to do much work this week anyway I guess ?

4 hours ago, Homer said:

What do you get for the volunteer work if you don't mind me asking? Not a great game in the end sadly!

OK to ask! I'd say the positives are being involved in a huge event and amongst a special atmosphere and great team, training, clothing, food, and luckily I was on ticketing help so I was manning a stand for the morning, partially watching the match.

If you mean financially, nothing (at all), and it's really hard work. I guess it's like working at Glastonbury, gets you into the festival and all the buzz, but there's a lot you miss, and a lot of effort to do.

• Upvote 1

I actually am doing work....Starting a new job has really scuppered planning time.

Luckily I foresaw this and planned the shit out of everything before the start of June, knowing full well that the only thing I'd have time to check would be the weather/state of the ground threads. 

Now, if someone could plan the shit out of the weather, that would be great!

I haven't been the slightest bit productive for the last 2 weeks. I'm going to blast through my work today and tomorrow. I need to get everything ready for month end which is next weekend. I definitely don't want to have to come back to tying lose ends up whilst hanging out of my arse.

Edited by CeriG

So, I have actually been good for all of 2.5 hours this morning and even felt vaguely productive, however rain hit London again and now attention taken away from work to all the weather/ground threads and multiple forecasts again....

Bring on next Wednesday so we all get a bit of a breather. (for about 9 days incl recovery before everyone starts to freak about about ticket sales day)