Camper question

Crazyfool01

Not sure anyone can help but a friend is getting a caravan dropped to the normal east camper fields but has seen in the terms that because of the one way exit the only time it can be collected is between 9pm and 12 on the Monday ? Anyone any experience of this ? Any ideas how to work around it ? 

2 hours ago, crazyfool1 said:

anyone any ideas ? or have I worded the question badly ? :( 

Taken from GFL website:

"East Campervan field access is via a one way system that is reversed for the Exit on Sunday 30th June at approximately 14:00. From this time on Sunday to around 21:00 on Monday 1st July, the exiting traffic means that no access to the East campervans can be allowed. Please do not leave East Campervans and expect to get back to the fields or arrange for pick- ups on Sunday 30th June or Monday 1st July unless you are happy to park in the car parks and wait to gain vehicle access after 21:00 on Monday evening."

It means that between 14:00 Sunday  / 21:00 Monday the access road on Pylle lane will be closed for traffic entering the East Campervan fields. 

You can leave the CV field between these times though. 

The problem here is access.  From the A37, you enter the site along the blue line from right to left.  The fields are the ones in the lighter coloured grass to the left of the "2 Pylle Road". 

Once the festival has closed on the Monday, this road becomes a one-way road running left to right (to the A37).  You simply cannot drive down it the other way to get in there.  The road itself carries on and ends up in Pilton.  Problem is, it passes right by one of the main festival site entries, and so will be shut to any traffic not carrying the right passes.  Your collection company cannot physically get to the campervan fields during the hours of the one-way system. 

Only alternative I can see is to have the vehicle collected earlier, if this was possible.  It *might* be technically possible, but how you would achieve this physically I don't know.  There could be stewards restricting access, vans blocking lanes, and from around 7am on Monday, a great deal of traffic.  If I was the hire company, I'd almost want to collect Sunday afternoon and no later. 

image.thumb.png.db66ec5750b80bfe905945d58085c52c.png

On 6/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, crazyfool1 said:

Not sure anyone can help but a friend is getting a caravan dropped to the normal east camper fields but has seen in the terms that because of the one way exit the only time it can be collected is between 9pm and 12 on the Monday ? Anyone any experience of this ? Any ideas how to work around it ? 

What is the problem @crazyfool1..?  I assume that you dont need to be there when it is picked up.?? as you wouldnt have to be there when it gets dropped off...?

The issue was that my friend didn't want the unoccupied caravan  left in the fields for too long after the festival as hes borrowed it ... doesn't look like there is much option looking at what @EasyUserName has posted ... thanks for the replies

11 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

What is the problem @crazyfool1..?  I assume that you dont need to be there when it is picked up.?? as you wouldnt have to be there when it gets dropped off...?

25 minutes ago, crazyfool1 said:

The issue was that my friend didn't want the unoccupied caravan  left in the fields for too long after the festival as hes borrowed it ... doesn't look like there is much option looking at what @EasyUserName has posted ... thanks for the replies

It will be parked alongside a load of other hired vans though.... they keep them all in E25 (or have in the past)

2 hours ago, BlueDaze said:

It will be parked alongside a load of other hired vans though.... they keep them all in E25 (or have in the past)

But not in 2017.  We were quite a bit nearer, although not sure if I've got a record of where.

Edited by clarkete

On 6/17/2019 at 10:18 AM, crazyfool1 said:

I used to work in the camper vans and there is very little that can be done if you want to come in the wrong way. However if the field is empty earlier they will swap it around. The camper companies local are aware of this.