Car in Campervan field.

Lynbo

I’ve paid for a campervan ticket but unfortunately been let down by the hire company. I’m now going to pitch a tent next to my friends caravan & hopefully will be allowed to drive my car in East fields with them. Anyone else done this before? 

Thankyou. 

Unlikely, i've done the last 2, in East & West and as far as I know its strictly Campervans or cars towing caravans ONLY, you'll turn up and get redirected to the normal car parks where you'll probably have to buy another parking tickets I'm afraid.

Someone on here will want your CV ticket though, even though they are non-transferable and have names on them.

read some of the other threads on here as they will talk about previously being let through from car parks to CV-East on Tuesday nights if they are getting in early..

I am not saying i have not seen it happen ( may have happened under cover of darkness ), but i think it will be too much aggro for The Stewards, bearing in mind when you turn in a car the field they are filling with cars at the time is not near the CV fields they are filling at the time.  

So best just to park in the normal car park and walk with your tent to CV fields and they will allow that.  

Edited by ivan

I am not sure why you are panicking ?

Its not great trouble if you have to park in the car park and walk with your tent to the CV field.

If you plan it correctly your friends will have all your stuff so you don't need to even carry anything.

I just think if its busy The Stewards will be under pressure to keep all traffic moving and where they split the cars from the campers/caravans you may find it difficult to persuade them otherwise.  

Or make sure your car has a tow bar , show your CV ticket , tell em where you were camped and that you had to nip out for an emergency 

10 hours ago, Lynbo said:

I’ve paid for a campervan ticket but unfortunately been let down by the hire company. I’m now going to pitch a tent next to my friends caravan & hopefully will be allowed to drive my car in East fields with them. Anyone else done this before? 

Thankyou. 

There is an exit at the end of Pylle Lane that vehicles can be sent out of, and they don't get into the fields. Saw that happening back in 2016.

1 hour ago, ivan said:

I am not sure why you are panicking ?

Its not great trouble if you have to park in the car park and walk with your tent to the CV field.

If you plan it correctly your friends will have all your stuff so you don't need to even carry anything.

I just think if its busy The Stewards will be under pressure to keep all traffic moving and where they split the cars from the campers/caravans you may find it difficult to persuade them otherwise.  

Or make sure your car has a tow bar , show your CV ticket , tell em where you were camped and that you had to nip out for an emergency 

This can't work because you'd have already given in your cv ticket to get the field sticker, so if you've been in once, you'd no longer have that ticket.

On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 11:27 AM, Lynbo said:

I’ll be driving in the Blue Route with the 2 caravans I’m staying with. A friend done it 2 years ago and just said his caravan was already in there. We’ll be arriving about 4am on Wednesday morning. I’m panicking now. 

Where do you think you are going to park your car?

If you say that you're caravan is already there the stewards will expect you to go and park next to it. If you follow your friends with their caravans to where they set them up it will be obvious to the stewards that you aren't parking next to your caravan and will eject you from the CV fields.