Fleetwood Mac 2020

DJK1878

44 minutes ago, Chinaski_ said:

This rumour seems to come up every year. I'll believe it when I see it. 

Big difference between the ‘Fleetwood Mac are touring around Glastonbury/apparently in talks’ stuff we’ve had previously and a near enough confirmation from one of the band members (which just so happened to come a couple of days after Emily namedropped them as the big one they’re after, and Mick’s comment earlier this year).

Obviously something could happen to throw a spanner in the works a-la McCartney this year, but after last night it seems like this is a goer more than ever before.

Edited by FloorFiller

17 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

If Lindsey isn't well enough to perform or is still out the band they should get Peter Green involved. That would be the real deal.

Considering 80% of the set is post Green material and that he's a shadow of his former self these days, maybe not. 

5 minutes ago, danbailey80 said:

Considering 80% of the set is post Green material and that he's a shadow of his former self these days, maybe not. 

I wouldn't expect him to do the full show but rather he than Mike Campbell for the bluesy stuff. It would be a perfect way to end the Fleetwood Mac live story. They are playing some of his tunes after all.  

22 minutes ago, chrislfc said:

I wouldn't expect him to do the full show but rather he than Mike Campbell for the bluesy stuff. It would be a perfect way to end the Fleetwood Mac live story. They are playing some of his tunes after all.  

Yes at least for a couple would be good. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Wherethewildthingsare said:

I was there last night and it was great, the sound, the voices, the guitars, the setlist... everything. I was right up the top and saw hardly any empty seats apart from a block on the floor (touts?) . Couldn’t be sure exactly what Mick said apart from muddy field 

648381DB-7B62-4772-93A2-C14FFFC55107.jpeg

you couldn't see the empty seats because they've painted them black :P 

15 hours ago, Mardy said:

Fucking Fleetwood Mac. Shower of c**ts. Worthy Farm should tell them to do one. 'You want to play the Farm, you pay us, sunshine'

I think this is the earliest yet I can say, based on what we know so far, Glastonbury 2020 - Worst lineup ever.

This basically. He's demonstrated on numerous occasions that he's a massive w*nker, this is just another example. I hope the tell him to fuck off and book someone else.

I was at the Wembley gig and didn't pick up on any such confirmation.

It was all a bit garbled and not clear whether he was talking past or future tense but he basically said he was grateful that people were still coming out whether it's a big show or an "afternoon at a rainy festival" which he followed up with "of which we have done a few" and something about hoping to do more. 

Perhaps a hint but I wouldn't take anything as confirmed unless I missed something.

Side note - the sound was fucking DREADFUL.  I know that Stadiums are tricky and Wembley doesn't have a good reputation but this was really bad.  They fixed it for the 2nd half but the 1st half was so frustratingly quiet and echoey.   Really muddy mix as well.

We were on the floor in a reasonable spot and people were coming down from the tiers to try and hear it better.  Security were sending them back and there were a lot of arguments as people tried to argue that they just couldn't hear where they were sat.

Re: the Mac, when they were good, they were great.  Stevie has definitely still got it.    You Make Loving Fun sounded an absolute MESS - band all playing out of time and out of tune and the less said about Mick's 15 minute drum solo, the better.

1 hour ago, FakeEmpire said:

Side note - the sound was fucking DREADFUL.  I know that Stadiums are tricky and Wembley doesn't have a good reputation but this was really bad.  They fixed it for the 2nd half but the 1st half was so frustratingly quiet and echoey.   Really muddy mix as well.

We were on the floor in a reasonable spot and people were coming down from the tiers to try and hear it better.  Security were sending them back and there were a lot of arguments as people tried to argue that they just couldn't hear where they were sat.

Re: the Mac, when they were good, they were great.  Stevie has definitely still got it.    You Make Loving Fun sounded an absolute MESS - band all playing out of time and out of tune and the less said about Mick's 15 minute drum solo, the better.

I was towards the front of the upper tier to the side and thought the sound was pretty good. Admit it did help that there was a massive speaker stack right in front of me.

7 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was towards the front of the upper tier to the side and thought the sound was pretty good. Admit it did help that there was a massive speaker stack right in front of me.

Good to hear some pleasing sound reports.

Fleetwood Mac were trending on Twitter because of all of the sound complaints.   I don't think I've ever seen so many people complaining and leaving (other than The Strokes at APE).

I could hear the songs at least but it was just quiet and tinny for the first half.   Some people reporting that they couldn't even make out what songs were playing.

Just now, FakeEmpire said:

Good to hear some pleasing sound reports.

Fleetwood Mac were trending on Twitter because of all of the sound complaints.   I don't think I've ever seen so many people complaining and leaving (other than The Strokes at APE).

I could hear the songs at least but it was just quiet and tinny for the first half.   Some people reporting that they couldn't even make out what songs were playing.

Find that strange as there were absolutely no complaints where I was sat.