Fleetwood Mac 2020

DJK1878

31 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

They’ve got a year to reconcile with Lindsay. Swap out ten minute bongo solos and Crowded House covers for Big Love and Tusk and you have yourself a show.

Fair critique but when I was at the Berlin show the week before those things (as a casual fan) were loads of fun for me. The Crowded House track with its references to walls was on the nose but seemed to go down well.

As for the setlist, I think you said it yourself, with a couple of notable omissions (i.e Tusk), it was non stop greatest hits. It would be perfect for the Pyramid. No Bruce style album tracks or new material no one cares about.

43 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

For those worrying about the impact come ticket day it’s worth noting that Wembley was far from sold out last night, despite what the official blurb says. Huge swathes of empty seats.

From what I saw too the sort of people who pay big money for FM tickets don’t look like the sort of people who will rough it in a field for five days.

Can’t see it having too much impact on demand to be honest.

Kinda where I was heading with my ‘turn up late and feck off early’ comment.

If they’re prepared to shell out stupid money for a two hour gig, they won’t bat an eyelid paying 250 for what might be the last ever FM do. 

1 hour ago, Hugh Jass said:

For those worrying about the impact come ticket day it’s worth noting that Wembley was far from sold out last night, despite what the official blurb says. Huge swathes of empty seats.

From what I saw too the sort of people who pay big money for FM tickets don’t look like the sort of people who will rough it in a field for five days.

Can’t see it having too much impact on demand to be honest.

The show tomorrow isn't sold out but yesterday's sold out straight away - but I reckon plenty didn't fancy the weather.

Which means they won't be the types to try for Glasto tickets.

As for being worried about tickets etc. I really wouldn't worry. This rumour that he might of said something vague about a muddy field is not going to get loads of FM fans getting tickets next year. No one has really mentioned it elsewhere. No-one cares. 

Also, the audience last night was similar to a Glastonbury audience, with a mixture of ages etc. So it's not like you've got a whole new audience suddenly trying. 

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

The show tomorrow isn't sold out but yesterday's sold out straight away - but I reckon plenty didn't fancy the weather.

The weather was fine yesterday in London so can’t see that being an issue. There were entire rows in the upper tier empty last night. At a guess I’d say the stadium was about 80-85% full.

Edited by Hugh Jass

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

And even if they do. they can share the delight of others at the registration and buying process.

Those losers won't have the stomach for this fight ;) 

51 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

The weather was fine yesterday in London so can’t see that being an issue. There were entire rows in the upper tier empty last night. At a guess I’d say the stadium was about 85-90% full last night.

as I say, it was sold out. It sold out almost straight away.

So there's another reason for those empty seats.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Unless they were bought up by bots and Viagogo c**ts who then couldn’t shift them?

possibly. They might have been caught out by the 2nd show being announced and that not selling out, meaning there wasn't much demand for over-priced tickets.

If that was what happened, I don't really think you can use that as an indication of low appeal. The promoters thought there was enough demand for the 2nd show.

Edited by eFestivals

Saw them in  2015 when it was the Rumours line-up and it was incredible. I think they played only one new song, the rest was wall to wall bangers. I like to think Lindsey would join them for Glasto but if he's just had open heart surgery then he may have different priorities in life now.

I'm already nervous enough about getting tickets for the 50th, this v much exacerbates that stress!

10 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

possibly. They might have been caught out by the 2nd show being announced and that not selling out, meaning there wasn't much demand for over-priced tickets.

If that was what happened, I don't really think you can use that as an indication of low appeal. The promoters thought there was enough demand for the 2nd show.

I was never suggesting the appeal wasn’t there, just curious as to why there were so many empty seats at a supposedly sold out show.

If they are playing next year it’ll be a massive deal.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was never suggesting the appeal wasn’t there, just curious as to why there were so many empty seats at a supposedly sold out show.

If they are playing next year it’ll be a massive deal.

Could be what happens with the Stones. Loads of unsold hospitality packages so people with worse seats up in the gods get moved into better seats.

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Could be what happens with the Stones. Loads of unsold hospitality packages so people with worse seats up in the gods get moved into better seats.

hope that's the case as if it is I might get moved into a better seat tomorrow night 

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

That’s a possibility, I never got moved though... bastards!

Reality is probably a mixture of reasons suggested so far.

in Dublin there were empty seats in the back rows of most sections too.

I presume it was a deliberate decision to hold back those seats until the stage/screens went up and sight-lines were established. two days before the gig, loads of seats came back on-sale, all in back rows, at nearly 180-degree angles to the stage, or in patterns where a sound-desk/speaker stack might have caused a restricted view.

from a quick google, it looks like there's some infrastructure/beams on the roof at Wembley which could potentially cause obstructions. likely varies depending on the stage specification for different gigs.

Edited by ghostdancer1

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Yep looks good to me. Opening with The Chain would have the whole crowd eating out of the palm of their hands regardless of what comes next.