Fleetwood Mac 2020

DJK1878

4 minutes ago, gooner1990 said:

Didn’t Fleetwood Mac headline IOW in 2015? 

They did but IOW are opposed to have headliners return.

3 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

'Rained out' definitely implies Glastonbury though. I mean, I'm sure it rains at IOW as well, but the rain and mud is associated with Glastonbury more than any other festival.

Mad that this has come so early. You'd almost think they'd been given the go ahead to say this early to reassure people that Glastonbury was still number one after this years lacklustre headliners ?

Yeah I mean as I say Glastonbury would be the 1st choice but we've done this before and not been expecting the outcome. After what Mick said awhile ago though he had refereed to it needing to happen.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I honestly still wouldn’t take it as gospel yet. Micky Fleets has been doing the hokey cokey on Glasto for so many years that I can imagine him going on radio next week and saying that they’re not playing but they might but they’re also not.

Ahhhh doing Corbyn on Europe 

1 hour ago, bennyhana22 said:

Michael should say:

”We’ve asked you 15 times before and you’ve always said it wasn’t enough money. And now you want to come just because it’s the 50th anniversary? Bugger off!”

Ben

Is there a reason you feel the need to sign off every post with your name? Fair play like, just seems a bit odd.

17 minutes ago, zero000 said:

No Buckingham certainly takes the gloss off any potential headline performance. Completely diminishes the tension, drama and history you get with him and Stevie Nicks. 

He was also the star of the show when I saw them in Dublin a few (probably 7) years back. 

I was there tonight and I didn’t hear them say that, admittedly it could have been when I was in the bar/toilet/not paying attention.

They were good tonight, first half of the set was fantastic - wall to wall bangers. Then there was a lull for half an hour or so where it felt like each member got their contractually obligated moment - Mick did a drum solo that went in for 10 minutes and included bongos, Stevie did Landslide (which was nice), Neil Finn played Crowded House - then a few bangers to close. Even without Lindsay it was good, however there was a notable gap where his tunes should have been. A version of that set with some of the fat trimmed out will slay the Pyramid though.

Tell you what though, even though she’s in her 70’s the pipes on Stevie Nicks were incredible!

I was there and heard him say something about a muddy festival, it was the very end though when everyone was screaming and clapping so missed most of what he was saying ! It was a great show tonight and I’d love to see them again next week ?

Can confirm something along the lines of “still a big field to play” and “rained out festival” came out of Mick’s mouth... but was difficult to discern exactly what he said from my seat up in the gods.

I can’t imagine them not playing to be honest. Just seems the logical booking for the 50th year given that they’re one of the last big bands not to have graced the pyramid. I think it’s more a question of whether Lindsey Buckingham will be back in for it or not.

Wembley atmosphere was good, but I do think a little something was lost having the pitch tickets all sold as seated rather than standing. Just seemed a bit of a cash grab to make the most of those willing to shell out several hundred £££ for the best seats, and that the performance was then a little phoned in to cater for them.

They were still great but I think the atmosphere would be infinitely better at glasto. One thing for sure is that Stevie’s still got the voice.

Edited by Splodge

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I honestly still wouldn’t take it as gospel yet. Micky Fleets has been doing the hokey cokey on Glasto for so many years that I can imagine him going on radio next week and saying that they’re not playing but they might but they’re also not.

He’s also got lots of history of doing the cokey!

Fucking Fleetwood Mac. Shower of c**ts. Worthy Farm should tell them to do one. 'You want to play the Farm, you pay us, sunshine'

I think this is the earliest yet I can say, based on what we know so far, Glastonbury 2020 - Worst lineup ever.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2